Author Topic: Jimmy Butler for Crowder, Smart, Nets pick  (Read 7340 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler for Crowder, Smart, Nets pick
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2016, 05:33:57 PM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Seems made up. 99% of this site is rumor/speculation.

Not surprising, I mean even the "media" won't give you any real Meat. We get things like "Celtics will beat Cavs in 5", "C's secret target was Anthony Davis" and "Look for Golden State to trade us Harrison Barnes at the deadline".

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2016, 05:40:26 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
why would you do that? Jimmy Butler is NOT that good.

I would not trade him straight up for Smart.

Now you're being silly... And I like Smart

Smart brings so many intangibles to the game. Did you see today's game?

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2016, 06:12:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
whattt??  that is way too much

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2016, 06:18:49 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
this is the second time in two years that Danny has ben saved from himself.

That would have been a terrible trade for Boston.

These teams are so scared of Danny that they are even scared to fleece him when he leaves himself wide open.

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2016, 06:20:11 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Way, way, way too much. Laughably fake rumor. Can't believe anyone would take it seriously. But hey, if the admins here could get "greenteam17" to prove his credibility behind the scenes, then we'd just have to live with the fact that Ainge isn't as sharp as we thought. Doubt that'd ever happen.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2016, 11:23:43 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
I would not give up Crowder, Smart AND the Brooklyn 2016 pick. No way. I would give up Crowder, Bradley and either the Nets 2016 or 2018 pick.

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2016, 11:26:18 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I would not give up Crowder, Smart AND the Brooklyn 2016 pick. No way. I would give up Crowder, Bradley and either the Nets 2016 or 2018 pick.

I wouldn't even give up that much up

Crowder and Nets pick. Maybe

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2016, 12:13:11 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
No no NO!

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2016, 02:21:56 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56

By this logic, the Celtics will never make a trade. To actually acquire elite players, you have to give up valuable assets. This is a reasonable deal for both teams that would be on different courses. The Bulls would be rebuilding and we would be bringing in an elite player in order to attract another elite player. Unless we get incredibly lucky, I think that we may be overestimating the talent level of the player we will be getting with our Brooklyn pick in a weak draft. He's likely to be closer to Olynyk than Smart in ability.

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2016, 02:55:45 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Seems made up. 99% of this site is rumor/speculation.

It is made up.  Danny Ainge would fire himself if he made that trade.  Jimmy Butler is a nice player but he has accomplished nothing that would make him worth Smart, Crowder and a Top 5 draft pick.

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2016, 03:49:34 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

By this logic, the Celtics will never make a trade. To actually acquire elite players, you have to give up valuable assets. This is a reasonable deal for both teams that would be on different courses. The Bulls would be rebuilding and we would be bringing in an elite player in order to attract another elite player. Unless we get incredibly lucky, I think that we may be overestimating the talent level of the player we will be getting with our Brooklyn pick in a weak draft. He's likely to be closer to Olynyk than Smart in ability.

As illogical you may feel my position is, do you think it is more illogical than the original rumor? So one extreme position for another... now can we compromise and meet in the middle somewhere.

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2016, 05:12:43 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
So the source for this "rumor" is some random dude posting in the comments section on CB? If someone had real credible info that they wanted to get out, they could leak it to a credible reporter.

In related news, I heard from my friend whose cousin was college roommates with someone who used to work at the pizza store near where Pelicans FO staff sometimes go, that the target was AD, and we were offering a package centered around Marcus Thornton. Would've gone through if Wyc hadn't vetoed it.

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2016, 07:10:35 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2016/03/bulpett_celtics_made_bid_for_jimmy_butler_in_search_of_difference_maker

We were told repeatedly in the days leading up to the NBA trade deadline that the Celtics were pushing hard to muster their assets and buy themselves a star, and we reported as much in this space.

And as Feb. 18 gets smaller in the rearview mirror, we are learning in more detail just how hard Danny Ainge was pushing. Most all general managers say they were looking for a big deal, but most can get a bit tentative at the deadline. Ainge, however, apparently wasn’t kidding when he said he was trying to make an immediate impact on the club.

Reporting on failed trade talks can be a misleading exercise, in that a) hundreds of possibilities that never have a shot of happening get discussed; and b) there seems little benefit in getting worked up over something that, you know, didn’t happen.

But even with those disclaimers, we believe it might offer insight into the Celtic mindset going forward to know some of what they were discussing as the NBA’s in-season trading period came to a close.

A number of names were linked to the Celtics during that time — Blake Griffin, Kevin Love and Jahlil Okafor being among the most prominent players identified in the Herald as targets of the club. And then there is the NBA executive who, characterizing the Celts’ hunt, was quoted here as saying, “It’s like they took the All-Star roster and used it as Match.com.”

One of those stars whose profile intrigued the Celtics didn’t get to play in that game because of a strained knee. It’s been said that Chicago’s Jimmy Butler would be a good fit here, but multiple sources are telling the Herald that the Celts did, in fact, make a strong move for the 6-foot-7 wing.

According to one source that had at least one player who could have been involved in the potential transaction, the Celtics were willing to give up two first-round draft picks this year — the unprotected pick from the Nets and Dallas’ choice, which is protected 1-through-7.

There are differing reports on what players were offered, requested and denied and how far the talks got, but the bottom line is that there was no fit for the Celtics and Bulls at this time.

“This is not a case where Chicago was looking to trade Jimmy Butler,” said a source. “That would be crazy. But if Boston calls, you have to look at those picks and some of the players they have and at least hear them out. Most times when teams call about your star, you can just dismiss it right away, but you have to think about it with Ainge and the Celtics right now. There’s a lot to go over there with possibilities.”

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2016, 07:16:05 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Thanks for posting the Blupett article, but bumping this thread means I have to see the thread title again - which makes me want to gouge out my eyes. I love Butler, but those are essentially our top 3 'assets'. We can't deal all three of them for Butler.

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2016, 07:19:10 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I don't believe that was the rumored deal.

If you give up that much in a deal, I want a legit All Star Big coming back.  Not a Guard or Small Forward.