Author Topic: Marcus Thornton  (Read 5748 times)

Re: Marcus Thornton
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 09:10:57 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Have you given up on the idea of signing a player who doesn't suck?

PLEASE tell me a player that IS available that has a higher PER than Thornton's 14.9 PER.  Please, just tell me ONE that is AVAILABLE to be signed by March 1 and therefore able to help us in the playoffs.

I will be patiently waiting.

Smitty77

Jordan Mickey has a per of 42.3      :laugh:
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 10:35:40 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

PLEASE tell me a player that IS available that has a higher PER than Thornton's 14.9 PER.  Please, just tell me ONE that is AVAILABLE to be signed by March 1 and therefore able to help us in the playoffs.

Smitty77

It is always fair to compare slightly over 12 TOTAL minutes played by Mickey with Thornton's almost 1200 minutes played this year!!:-))))

Smitty77

Jordan Mickey has a per of 42.3      :laugh:

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 11:00:37 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Dude can shoot. We need that.

Have you looked at his stats?  40% from the field, 34% from 3.  Worse the last two months. 

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2016, 11:06:54 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I watched him play in Australia.  He sucks really bad.
No where near nba ready.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 11:12:41 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I watched him play in Australia.  He sucks really bad.
No where near nba ready.

I'm fairly sure this is about the other Marcus Thornton (who was a Celtic briefly last year).

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 12:46:43 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Smitty77

Jeff Ayres
Thanasis Antetokounmpo
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2016, 01:24:55 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
We don't really need another 6-3 guard. I personally would wait and see if Kevin Martin gets released. He would be a nice offensive punch to have from the bench.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2016, 02:09:01 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Dude can shoot. We need that.

Have you looked at his stats?  40% from the field, 34% from 3.  Worse the last two months.

No, I hadn't looked at his stats for this year. Just going by career reputation. He's a 36% 3pt shooter for his career, but had some years better than that when he was in Sacto. He also shot 41% from 3 in his limited time as a Celtic.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2016, 09:17:53 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

Jeff Ayres
Thanasis Antetokounmpo

Is this some kind of joke Loose Cannon???  Ayres has played LESS than a TOTAL of 15 minutes this year!!!!  Thanasis has played a TOTAL of 6 minutes.

Please stop wasting my time.

Smitty77

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2016, 09:19:42 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
We don't really need another 6-3 guard. I personally would wait and see if Kevin Martin gets released. He would be a nice offensive punch to have from the bench.

I will take Kevin Martin!!  The only advantage of Thornton is that he can and would play both SG and SF for us, but Martin can ONLY be a SG as he looks anorexic!

Smitty77

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2016, 11:37:50 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Smitty77

Jeff Ayres
Thanasis Antetokounmpo

Is this some kind of joke Loose Cannon???  Ayres has played LESS than a TOTAL of 15 minutes this year!!!!  Thanasis has played a TOTAL of 6 minutes.

Smitty77

At least I suggested two guys who aren't guaranteed suck monkeys.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2016, 11:45:17 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Smitty77

Jeff Ayres
Thanasis Antetokounmpo

Smitty77

I'd much rather take a shot at a guy with upside like those two, than a retread like Thornton or Martin.

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2016, 05:34:43 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
We need to sign MT.  He knows our system and Brad and would be instant offense when he is on!!

Houston is finalizing a buyout with him!!

Smitty77

I liked Marcus (much more than Jordan Crawford), but I'm less bullish on adding yet another guard.

Edit: Seems he managed to play significant minutes for Houston as a SF. Didn't realize that.

Can you tell me how many minutes he played at SF and how many at SG for the Rockets?  He always seemed like a pit bull, sort of like Marcus Smart, but with killer range:-)

Smitty77

I've never heard of an awful defender be referred to as a "pit bull".

Me to.  :laugh:

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2016, 05:15:50 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
"ESPN sources say Marcus Thornton has cleared waivers"
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2016, 07:10:33 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

Jeff Ayres
Thanasis Antetokounmpo

Smitty77

At least I suggested two guys who aren't guaranteed suck monkeys.

Loose Cannon,

Did you realize that the average PER in the NBA is a 15?  Did you realize that would make Marcus Thornton an average NBA player??

Smitty77

P.S.  Did you think Thornton was a "suck monkey" last year when he played for us???  He scored 8.9 points per game for us in only 16.4 minutes per game and shot 41.6% from three!!