Author Topic: Rozier for Justin Anderson  (Read 1101 times)

Rozier for Justin Anderson
« on: February 25, 2016, 04:22:56 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
What do people think about a Rozier/Justin Anderson swap?  I think Rozier could be good, but we have so many guys ahead of him on the depth chart and he's very redundant with Smart.  Meanwhile in Dallas, Anderson barely plays and is behind two guys that will probably be around for a while in Matthews and Parsons.  While they're set on the wing, all of their point guards are some combination of old, slow, and bad defensively, and they could use a guy who could guard the quick, penetrating guards that are so common now and potentially be groomed into a starter.  For us, this clears the logjam at the 1/2 a little bit and gives us a potential 3 and D guy to slot in next to Crowder (or replace him if we trade him for a star).  If necessary, we could throw in a few second rounders to grease the skids.

Re: Rozier for Justin Anderson
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 04:54:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think it'd more or less be an admission we should've taken Anderson all along.  Seems unlikely that Ainge would do that, given that Rozier hasn't played basically at all yet.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 05:17:25 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
What do people think about a Rozier/Justin Anderson swap?  I think Rozier could be good, but we have so many guys ahead of him on the depth chart and he's very redundant with Smart.  Meanwhile in Dallas, Anderson barely plays and is behind two guys that will probably be around for a while in Matthews and Parsons.  While they're set on the wing, all of their point guards are some combination of old, slow, and bad defensively, and they could use a guy who could guard the quick, penetrating guards that are so common now and potentially be groomed into a starter.  For us, this clears the logjam at the 1/2 a little bit and gives us a potential 3 and D guy to slot in next to Crowder (or replace him if we trade him for a star).  If necessary, we could throw in a few second rounders to grease the skids.

I say do it.  I've got nothing else going on tonight.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 08:17:56 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
No