Author Topic: Kay Felder staying in draft  (Read 838 times)

Kay Felder staying in draft
« on: April 08, 2016, 04:54:30 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
He may not be the best player to draft on a team that already has IT but Felder just announced he is signing with and agent and staying in this draft. I really think he and not Ulis will be the player who uses IT's success to climb up this years draft board. Below is a post I made back on Dec 31 after watching his team play virginia..

"I didn't have a chance to post this ahead of time but last night I watched Oakland vs Virginia

I have watch Virginia before and no one really jumps out at me obviously Brogdon is their best player and he should spend some time in the league but he doesn't really stand out to me.

This was my first time watching Oakland  and I was super impressed with Kahil Felde. Granted he is a small guard in the IT mold but he may be the best guard i've watch all season.

Current stats

37mpg 26.8pts .44%FG .39%3PT on 6.3 attempts .85FT% on 9.5 attempts 4.3rb 8.8ast 2.2stl

He is doing this not just against lower level college talent. He had 37pts vs Michigan St, 30pts vs Virginia and 38Pts vs Washington. He is currently a JR and im not sure if he will declare at the end of the season but aided by the success of IT I really think this kid will be a 1st round pick and successful NBA player."

I think we will find at the combine he is much longer and strong then Ulis and his skill set will place him in a position to sneak into the last first and ultimately compete for a backup spark plug PG role next season. Looking at the teams projected to pick 25-30 I could see the 76ers, Spurs and Warriors all giving him a serious look.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Kay Felder staying in draft
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 05:05:51 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Not particularly interested in him, but with all the picks we have, the more good players that stay in this draft the better it is for us overall, it means the more good players that will be available overall for us to choose from. Maker, Bender, Felder, Sabonis, Baldwin, Hamilton, etc. bring them all on!