Author Topic: Pelicans Trade Draft Pick - Rumor  (Read 3509 times)

Re: Pelicans Trade Draft Pick - Rumor
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 07:37:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Here's an idea that makes more logical sense:

Boston's 2016 1st
Dallas' 2016 1st
Philly 2016 2nd
Amir's unguaranteed contract

For

NO's 2016 1st
Asik's awful contract

Why for Boston:  They trade a few weak draft picks for a valuable one
Why for New Orleans:  They fall back 10+ spots, but get rid of the dumpster-fire Asik contract.

I'd be OK with that.  Cap space is overrated for the next few years, anyway.

The basic notion of this trade is sound.

Boston and New Orleans are in almost diametrically opposed positions.  Boston has too many picks and too few roster spots to carry additional young guys in need of development time.

New Orleans desperately needs to replenish its stock of cheap, young, productive players.  They don't need to add another high profile prospect who will want to take touches away from AD.  They need guys who can build a supporting cast around AD.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2016, 07:41:59 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
This looks like a bad idea , not a rumor
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2016, 07:20:16 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I don't get this idea.   

Why would a team give up a top 7 pick for a pick in the #17-23 range and some 2nd rounders?  Why would they want the unguaranteed contracts of Amir/Jerbeko?  So they can waive them instead of us? 

Maybe I missed something in in this idea.   Did you suggest us taking on bad contracts?  What's the incentive for New Orleans to fall back 10+ picks?  The lesson from the Boston/Charlotte trade was that picks in the 15-35 range have nowhere near the value of picks in the top 10.  We tried giving up four 1st rounders including the 2016 Brooklyn 1st just to move up from #16 to #9 and we were turned down.  Few teams would give up a top 7 pick for a couple in the late teens.

Here's an idea that makes more logical sense:

Boston's 2016 1st
Dallas' 2016 1st
Philly 2016 2nd
Amir's unguaranteed contract

For

NO's 2016 1st
Asik's awful contract

Why for Boston:  They trade a few weak draft picks for a valuable one
Why for New Orleans:  They fall back 10+ spots, but get rid of the dumpster-fire Asik contract.

If the right player is available with the NO pick then taking on Asik may not be a bad plan. Lets say the Cs draft Bender with the Nets pick and then Poeltl is available with the NO pick.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2016, 12:48:12 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I still think Pelicans want a better talent upgrade instead of AJ and those picks. How about the 7th Pick, Evans and Ajinca for AB and Crowder. I know C's fans say no at first but that isn't a bad deal if a good player is there at 7 and if C's just landed Brown/Ingram via Nets pick. At 7 maybe you draft Lab, Poetlt, or Hield if any of those three are available you go for it. If it's Poeltl than your Center position gets  a strong rotation. Lab adds another offensive PF that is more athletic than KO. Hield may be a Ray Allen 2.0 to pair with Smart long term.

Pelicans-Holiday, AB, Crowder, Davis, Asik

Celtics with best luck start Evans at the 3.
IT/Rozier
Smart/Hunter/Young
Evans/Ingram
KO/AJ/Mickey
Zeller/Ajinca/Poeltl