Author Topic: sonsofsamorn  (Read 11456 times)

Re: sonsofsamorn
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 12:43:06 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 373
I don't necessarily mind the elitist attitude, as much of what I go to sports blogs for is information, rather than to share my opinion.  But, something seems to have happened to SOSH the past few months where there are very few new posts.  So, if the elitist attitude prevents new posts, I guess I do mind it.  I mean pitchers and catchers reported this week and NOTHING.  What gives? 

Agreed.  This site is phenomenal and a regular part of my day!  And, with having the C's on the upswing and other teams doing our tanking for us, I'm in hog heaven.  Go C's!
http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?threads/truck-day-fort-myers.12926/#post-1585930

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?threads/which-type-of-plate-discipline-is-eating-panda.12128/page-5#post-1593347

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?threads/who-plays-1b-next-year.10635/page-11

I mean nothing of substance.  The "who plays 1b next year thread" has been there for months.  And, ironically given the lofty 'standards' of SOSH, the truck day fort meyers thread didn't add any insight to the season ... just fluff about the trucks pulling up.  And, sorry, but no interest in reading a thread about the laziest player in baseball.  Panda makes me sick just seeing his belly protruding from his shirt.

Just do the math.  There have been about 10 new threads in the past 2 months.  That's a good hour on Celticsblog.

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 12:45:48 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 373
While I don't post in it, I sometimes read the Sox Prospects Forum Board: http://forum.soxprospects.com/

While it is largely geared towards the prospects, there is a fair amount of talk about the big league team too.

TP.  That site looks promising.  Thanks.  I've been there to see prospect rankings, etc.. but never noticed the forum. 

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2016, 01:32:38 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Oh come on, this site is so good!  Find an NBA forum that is better for any team, you can't do it.

Also, my advice is to stop watching baseball.  It's a huge waste of time

It's true, it's very hard to find any good forums for basketball, let alone one on par with CB.   That doesn't mean CB's perfect.  Thankful we've got such a large, active, knowledgeable, engaged community here.

Here here. I've become attached to this site over the past couple of years, and I have a great deal of respect for the vast majority of it's active community members, and I'm very grateful that it exists so I have a venue to share my thoughts/ideas on my favorite sport and team. I've never understood why we seem to be the only team in the SB-Nation network (or even the internet as a whole to some extent) that has such a true, dedicated fan forum that's as active as this one is. CB has become a regular part of my day for the past couple years, and I think that's due to a lot of people like me who are willing to make this community as great as it is.

I've always thought the political/current events aspects of CB are some of the best, because it gives one a place to air his/her thoughts on a larger array of subjects than just the Boston Celtics. The nature of our community, one that has enough familiarity to warrant courtesy, consideration of the views of others and an overall level of respect while also remaining anonymous enough to not alter presenting your true feelings on a subject (as it would with close friends/relatives), contributes greatly to this forum as a whole.

Having grown up a Sox fan, watching/listening to Sox games the same way I watch/listen to C's games with my son now, I'm familiar with SOSH. They also have a strong, tight-knit community there. Yet, because they lack such vigorously maintained rules towards conduct, it's made SOSH kind of a "your in or out" kinda place. I can appreciate why that approach can make for better discussion, but I think the lack of that is part of the reason the CB community is so vibrant and engaging.

All in all, I'm thrilled to call CB home, and I hope y'all feel the same way.