Author Topic: Getting destroyed in the middle all year  (Read 9856 times)

Re: Getting destroyed in the middle all year
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2016, 06:23:39 PM »

Online The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
  In the 1st game against Min. the Celtics flat dominated them and were up 20 heading to the 4th Qtr.  The C's out rebounded Min. 50-36 and the bigs outscored Min. 60-37.  This was without Amir, Sully and Smart.   

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2016, 06:46:56 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
The Celtics could of easily drafted Dieng a couple years ago.  Instead, they traded up for Olynyk.

All the draft picks in the world don't matter if you don't know how to draft.

You are talking like you made a "no question I am right" point here but you did not.  I'm sure most GMs would want Olynyk.  He is a far more unique player with more upside.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2016, 07:10:30 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
What are Greg Oden and Andrew Bynum doing these days?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2016, 07:26:37 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Dude. Think bigger. Think Mark Blount.

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2016, 07:28:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Getting destroyed in the middle is why Ainge was willing to trade a package built around the Brooklyn 1st for Jahlil Okafor.  Can't teach size.   When you see a big man with star potential, you best snag him.   It's a big man's game.  Titles won with bigs for 60+ years.  Small ball movement is nice if you have phenoms capable of shooting from half court, but you still need bigs to survive in this league.

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2016, 07:36:44 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Getting destroyed in the middle is why Ainge was willing to trade a package built around the Brooklyn 1st for Jahlil Okafor.  Can't teach size.   When you see a big man with star potential, you best snag him.   It's a big man's game.  Titles won with bigs for 60+ years.  Small ball movement is nice if you have phenoms capable of shooting from half court, but you still need bigs to survive in this league.

Isn't this thread about getting destroyed defensively in the middle? We'd be even more destroyed right now with Okafor, wouldn't we?

Titles are not won with defensively-weak bigs.

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2016, 07:47:42 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55

Isn't this thread about getting destroyed defensively in the middle? We'd be even more destroyed right now with Okafor, wouldn't we?

Agree Okafor is a bit of a defensive liability ... Why I proposed Noel in the OP

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2016, 07:51:17 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

LOL.

But seriously, he's 40. Oden and Bynum are both 28. I googled a bit and discovered Oden just had a decent, healthy season in China. Bynum is apparently traveling the world as a spectator/baller. If Oden is healthy, why not.

http://www.believethehypenba.com/2016/01/08/where-in-the-world-is-andrew-bynum/

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/greg-oden-and-tyrus-thomas-still-battle-it-out-on-overseas-teams-224715494.html

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2016, 07:52:30 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Agree Okafor is a bit of a defensive liability ... Why I proposed Noel in the OP

Not just a "bit" of one. The definition of one.

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2016, 08:05:53 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55

LOL.

But seriously, he's 40. Oden and Bynum are both 28. I googled a bit and discovered Oden just had a decent, healthy season in China. Bynum is apparently traveling the world as a spectator/baller. If Oden is healthy, why not.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/greg-oden-and-tyrus-thomas-still-battle-it-out-on-overseas-teams-224715494.html

Odens a criminal... thats why

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2016, 08:11:00 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44

You want big?

Sweetney in Uruguay

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2016, 08:14:58 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I think this is why you heard some rumors on Cs interest in Thad Young. 

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2016, 08:15:24 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

LOL.

Odens a criminal... thats why

Shucks. If only Oden could have managed to convince the victim not to testify, like Sullinger did? Whatever, Oden isn't Greg Hardy. I'd sign him, as long as he's sober and healthy, which he appears to be.

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2016, 08:38:06 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

You want big?

Sweetney in Uruguay

:o Holy ****.

That made me laugh so hard. TP!

Edit: Seriously though. The Celtics ought to hire Sweetney to scare Jared Sullinger and to show RJ Hunter how to eat.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 08:44:54 PM by MJohnnyboy »

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2016, 10:34:12 PM »

Offline Johnny Mic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Oden was recently at the Evan Turner night @ Ohio St. hanging again with ET and Sullinger.  You know who was also there?  Danny Ainge.

Oden plead out his case in December 2014, agreeing to a fine and probation.  In 2014 Oden also had the Orthokine plasma procedure, which is 75% successful.  Prior to this, Oden had the same microfracture surgeon in Vail that operated on Gallinari.  The doctor, R. Steadman and his clinic are no longer in business. 

Oden is intriguing, especially for short money.  Here is the link to his full highlights from his stint in the CBA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyRfM4WSD1g#action=share

His legal problems are definitely a PR challenge, but it seems like he's on a better path now.  His fellow Buckeyes could keep him on the straight and narrow, but who can say if they'll be around after this season? 

Sign Oden now to finish out the run.  He's the paint clogging emergency backup center we need.