Author Topic: Pure Speculation: Was Jabari the trade target?  (Read 1557 times)

Pure Speculation: Was Jabari the trade target?
« on: February 21, 2016, 03:00:21 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
First and foremost, this is pure speculation on my part....

I am wondering (and maybe hoping) that Jabari Parker was the trade target that Ainge hinted at.

There were no rumors connecting Jabari to the C's leading up to the deadline, though it was thought that the Bucks may do something to push there team in a different direction (Monroe was frequently mentioned).  I could see Jabari being a target of Danny's as they both come from the Mormon background and I believe Ainge is close to his family.  Ainge also made comments that the other team was going to finish out the season with what they had.  This comment made me think that it was a team somewhat close to playoff contention (closer than Philly at least).  I could see the Bucks having that mentality as they might not want to give up on their roster quite yet.

Again, purely speculation and some wishful thinking on my part, but I thought I would throw out there as food for thought.  Jabari is starting to look real good lately as he is rounding back into shape after that injury last year.

We could have endless threads about this subject as Ainge left it pretty wide open so take this one for what it's worth...

Re: Pure Speculation: Was Jabari the trade target?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 03:04:47 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

NH, although Parker was highly regarded in the draft, he's been disappointing thus far, so I doubt he's the guy mentioned as a star player.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 03:06:15 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
If he was it would take Smart and the Nets pick or the Nets pick and another Nets pick.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 03:07:14 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I bet Ainge has called on Parker and Okafor and likes them.  I certainly do.  But I think neither one is what was really meant.  Ainge has been so adamant about it being a "star" that I think we still don't know who it is (some Harden or something type who people didn't expect to be traded).  I bet there were trade discussions with other teams which is where I think the Okafor story came from.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 03:09:57 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Thankfully, no, I seriously doubt it was Parker. He is overhyped, one-dimensional. See multiple recent threads which elaborate on why. If Ainge targeted him with the Nets 1st simply because of the LDS connection, then I'd want Ainge fired. Also, the speculation should probably be narrowed to either Okafor or Butler, the two names that have leaked out.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 03:10:52 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
This brings up an interesting question...

If the deal was exactly the same, who would you rather have:  Jabari or Okafor?

I would say Jabari as I think he would fit with Steven's offense very well as a swing.  Neither is known as a stellar defender so I think I would go with Parker for (hopefully) more versatility on the offensive end.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 03:11:34 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
If he was it would take Smart and the Nets pick or the Nets pick and another Nets pick.

Are you a Mormon, a Dukie, a Parker relative, or a Bucks fan?

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 03:12:25 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
This brings up an interesting question...

If the deal was exactly the same, who would you rather have:  Jabari or Okafor?

I would say Jabari as I think he would fit with Steven's offense very well as a swing.  Neither is known as a stellar defender so I think I would go with Parker for (hopefully) more versatility on the offensive end.

:o

[Backing away slowly from this thread...]

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 03:21:21 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

Are you a Mormon, a Dukie, a Parker relative, or a Bucks fan?
Silly
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 05:30:11 PM by KeepRondo »