Poll: Bradley+Nets 2016 pick for Okafor

Yes
21 (23.6%)
No
42 (47.2%)
If the pick is three or lower Yes.
26 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Author Topic: Yes or No Bradley + Nets pick for Okafor  (Read 10945 times)

Re: Yes or No Bradley + Nets pick for Okafor
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2016, 10:12:41 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
We are going to be a 50 win team this year for a few reasons, but the single biggest one is that we have the best on the ball pressure in the league by a significant margin. Take away Bradley, Smart or Crowder, and we are still a good defensive team, but we've lost that edge. Defense is a cumulative thing.

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2016, 10:44:49 AM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
https://youtu.be/RXIZEAo9Fec

Great Stuff here. Cousins VS Okafor 10 days ago. Cousins defensive effort is pathetic, watch just the first three times Okafor scores on cousins, DMC doesn't even put a hand up. Horrible effort.

Cousins tries to dunk on him at 3 minutes in, Okafor challenges him, they don't call a foul and DMC misses badly.

I think you have a better HOPE of teaching Okafor to put his freaking hand up when the other guy is shooting than DMC. They both vould be labled cancers, however DMC is the one guy I actually would pass on given the price tag.

Do I have to provide context for everything here?

Cousins was in a stretch of the team laying down to get its coach fired. Particularly DMC

Just look at advanced stats to understand DMC is one of the best defensive centers in the league

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2016, 10:48:08 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
https://youtu.be/RXIZEAo9Fec

Great Stuff here. Cousins VS Okafor 10 days ago. Cousins defensive effort is pathetic, watch just the first three times Okafor scores on cousins, DMC doesn't even put a hand up. Horrible effort.

Cousins tries to dunk on him at 3 minutes in, Okafor challenges him, they don't call a foul and DMC misses badly.

I think you have a better HOPE of teaching Okafor to put his freaking hand up when the other guy is shooting than DMC. They both vould be labled cancers, however DMC is the one guy I actually would pass on given the price tag.

Funny thing is that when DMC tries, he's a really good defensive player. Okafor is just hopeless.

Max it's OK bro. Just admit your an Okafor hater. You will feel better when you do. He did act like a jackass in Boston, but hey he's 20, here's fuel for the fire. My favorite is when he's like "WE GOT MONEY!!!"

It makes you wish these huts got 100K contacts instead of 100 Million

Boston 2nd fight.

https://youtu.be/1F5ZQvWVloU

I'm not an Okafor hater. I'm just realistic about his strengths and weaknesses.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2016, 02:29:13 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

To say he's hopeless at 20 years old is a stretch. With his length and strength you can't even move him, all you have to do is teach him positioning under the hoop and keep your hands up and he will avg 2 bpg.

Pick and roll D is a different story.

« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2016, 03:11:58 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

To say he's hopeless at 20 years old is a stretch. With his length and strength you can't even move him, all you have to do is teach him positioning under the hoop and keep your hands up and he will avg 2 bpg.

Pick and roll D is a different story.

And that's why blocks are such a poor indicator of defensive efficiency. Rudy Gobert averages half as many blocks per game as Hassan Whiteside, yet Gobert is easily twice the defensive player.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2016, 08:26:11 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Do I have to provide context for everything here?

Cousins was in a stretch of the team laying down to get its coach fired. Particularly DMC

Just look at advanced stats to understand DMC is one of the best defensive centers in the league

I couldn't help but laugh reading this. Boogie's best defense for being a losing player is,"He's leading his team in a revolt against his hall of fame coach who's built his offense around him?"  Man, sign me up.  Let's trade for that guy.  ;D

« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2016, 09:35:01 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I don't see the Sixers moving Okafor until Embiid can prove he can play a full season without another breakdown. That would be foolish. Seriously doubt we ever get this guy.

« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2016, 10:07:50 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't see the Sixers moving Okafor until Embiid can prove he can play a full season without another breakdown. That would be foolish. Seriously doubt we ever get this guy.
Even if Embiid isn't healthy Noel is still much better at center than he is at pf. If they draft Simmons they can put him next to Noel and have a very athletic front court. Not to mention with Saric coming over who is best at the 4.

Okafor and Noel are already stunting each others growth, dealing one of them makes perfect sense even if you don't factor in Embiid.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2016, 11:10:40 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Biggest reason why Okafor is better than Monroe is that Oak can get his shot Anytime he wants to against anybody, and still shoot a good%

Just because your more efficient doesn't mean you better necessarily.
 There is a lot of Kelly Olynyk, Jeff Green's out there that are good but they seem timid quite often. Too a lesser extent that's Monroe.

Where as Okafor see's himself like Iverson Or Kobe on offense, just give me the [dang] ball and get out of my way. There is something rare about that selfishness slash ego.

Admittedly it can go good or bad but you need it to be great.

You need to understand that Okafor is playing for a Philadelphia 76ers.  That is a 76ers team that may well have the NBA record for the fewest amount of wins over three seasons in NBA history.  A 76ers team on which Ish Smith (who is a complete nobody) is averaging close to 15 PPG.

Okafor is averaging what - 2.5 PPG more than Ish Smith is on that same team? And with a similar offensive efficiency as well.

On that Sixers team Avery Bradley would likely average 20 PPG and look like an All-Star.

You need to consider context when looking at a player's stats.

I've watched Okafor play, and as an overall player he is terrible.  He is NOT a starting calibre big right now.  I'm not sure if he is even any better than Sully was in his Rookie year. 

He uses his size and bulk well, and he's a very good finisher in the paint with excellent footwork and some very nice moves.  He deserves credit where it's due. 

But outside of that he is a TERRIBLE player.  Just terrible.  He's one of the slowest big men I've ever seen in the NBA, he can't shoot a jumper to save his life, he can't stick with anybody quicker than Roy Hibbert on defence, he's an underwhelming rebounder, and he seems to have the basketball IQ of a potato.

There is a very high probability that he will develop into a very dangerous scorer a couple of years from now, but like Al Jefferson I can't see him EVER developing into even a passable defensive player. 

I can also envision him growing into a complete black hole on offense.

He actually reminds me a lot of Enes Kanter in many ways, except that he doesn't rebound nearly as well.

« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2016, 11:34:41 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I think Simmons, Jaylen Brown or even Jakob Poeltl will be nice picks with the BK slot. I'm a Pac 12 fan and both Brown and Poeltl have impressed me against my Buffs. Good, strong players. Elite builds . . .NBA ready. Simmons is clearly the prize in everyone's eyes, but I think there are some solid pieces to be had right after too.

« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2016, 11:52:55 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I would rather get brown and horford in free agency

« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2016, 11:56:04 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
no
cuz im down on okafor
i thought hed be much better than this

plus he makes a lot of immature decisions off-court that take back from his solid rookie play