Author Topic: Bulpett: C's make no moves  (Read 4887 times)

Re: Bulpett: C's make no moves
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2016, 07:48:19 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
This is a joke. "Flexibility" is a term I have seen ppl use, but it's a joke......we don't have it.

As far as ppl being okay of happy we made 0 moves.....your kidding yourself. You were the same ppl posting about how DA will "make it happen" during the deadline. We have gone too far to tank or try to do what I suggested last year(get our pick in the running for Ingram and Simmons). Looks like we are going French and banking on the future Nets picks being in the top....i don't think you can do that and preach flexibility.

All so we can win a  couple playoff games....

Wouldn't want you to be a future Celtics owner...

Maybe a future nets owner

When you have a top-4 seed playoff team that's all pretty much under 27, no bad contracts, a top 5 pick and cap space for two max deals. That's called flexibility.

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2016, 07:55:24 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
This is a joke. "Flexibility" is a term I have seen ppl use, but it's a joke......we don't have it.

As far as ppl being okay of happy we made 0 moves.....your kidding yourself. You were the same ppl posting about how DA will "make it happen" during the deadline. We have gone too far to tank or try to do what I suggested last year(get our pick in the running for Ingram and Simmons). Looks like we are going French and banking on the future Nets picks being in the top....i don't think you can do that and preach flexibility.

When you have a top-4 seed playoff team that's all pretty much under 27, no bad contracts, a top 5 pick and cap space for two max deals. That's called flexibility.

Exactly, the other guy is just a disappointed/butthurt tanker who thinks a top 3 team in the east should have torn the whole thing down and started from scratch
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2016, 08:09:03 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Drink the Kool-Aid much? Many teams will have cap space and just because we have young players does not mean all of them or even any of them will get much better....and even if 1 or 2 of them does it won't be good enough to win us a championship.

Can we agree that we all want to win a championship multiple times, keep the record away from the Lakers, and get the best coach in the league some actual dominant players that play his system.

IMO If Stevens were given the right players he could turn our team into a dynasty.

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2016, 08:09:11 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

What exactly is it that you were hoping to see at this trade deadline?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2016, 08:16:46 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

Drink the Kool-Aid much? Many teams will have cap space and just because we have young players does not mean all of them or even any of them will get much better....and even if 1 or 2 of them does it won't be good enough to win us a championship.

Can we agree that we all want to win a championship multiple times, keep the record away from the Lakers, and get the best coach in the league some actual dominant players that play his system.

IMO If Stevens were given the right players he could turn our team into a dynasty.

Ok so how would you propose doing that? Surely you don't think we should have gotten Morris, like that chief macho guy is saying in the other thread?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2016, 08:19:18 PM »

• Ray Allen

Exactly, the other guy is just a disappointed/butthurt tanker who thinks a top 3 team in the east should have torn the whole thing down and started from scratch
You are 100% right that I am disappointed and super duper butthurt....actually it is more severe than that. I'm horrified that posters on this board would make for better gm's, what does that say? Your only as good as your last deal and Ainge has been off it since getting IT(very good deal). Everything basically after IT has been crap.

How am I a tanker if I posted recently about trading in order to win a championship this year. Championships are all that matter and we could have possibly won this year had Ainge made a move happen the last couple days.

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2016, 08:21:27 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

You are 100% right that I am disappointed and super duper butthurt....actually it is more severe than that. I'm horrified that posters on this board would make for better gm's, what does that say? Your only as good as your last deal and Ainge has been off it since getting IT(very good deal). Everything basically after IT has been crap.

How am I a tanker if I posted recently about trading in order to win a championship this year. Championships are all that matter and we could have possibly won this year had Ainge made a move happen the last couple days.

Ok so what is that move? Is it Tobias Harris? Is it Dwight Howard? Al Horford? Would any of these guys help us beat Cleveland in a 7 game series, let alone beat the Warriors, on pace for the greatest reg. season ever, in a Finals matchup?

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2016, 08:22:59 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Forget all the other nonsense, but we could have won this year? This year? Over arguably the greatest team of all time, not to mention Cle, OKC, and SAS? That's madness.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2016, 08:24:58 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
Yea, Future Celtics Owner- Youre way out of line man. It comes across as if youre throwing a fit because the trades you proposed didnt come to fruition. Sorry, but you cant hope to know the dynamic of conversations Danny had.

And i dont know what your definition of flexibility is but id call the Celtics flexibility Master Yogi level right now.

And also, championships really are not all that matter. Quality basketball is all that matters because when it comes to championships there is way too much luck involved.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2016, 08:55:10 PM »

• Ray Allen

I was hoping at the least we could have consolidated and helped one of the teams that were willing to give a 2017 pick.

Mostly I was hoping to be put in my place by Ainge. We keep hearing that you need 2 to trade but I wish Ainge could have made a deal"Pew Pew Pew Trader Danny". If he could have gotten Hortford or even Howard as a rental I think we could have given the Cavs a real challenge and possibly won another championship....depending on injuries etc for the Spurs and Warriors. Also if we got Al or someone else and resigned them (not Howard)it would probably help us in free agency. I was thinking that.

I also was intrigued with the sixers gauging Okafors value. Many on this forum think trading the BKN pick for Okafor is a horrible idea......I actually liked it. Getting in the top 2 is really really pushing our luck and Okafor is young with a great post-game and literally has all the room to grow his jumper. We may not have won the championship with him this year, but next year I believe we would be much better off and Stevens would have a legit big( although Jahlil would have to start making jumpers).

By making no moves we have really no shot at winning the championship this year. I would go after Hickson and keep an eye on buyouts though.

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2016, 09:05:28 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
do people really think trading for Horford or howard really would be the difference in a 7 game series with the heat? Horford is nice, but if that Nets pick ends up being a star we could be sitting here in 5 years saying "hey wasnt those 30 games of horford and then getting beat in 5 games by the Cavs really fun?" when you could potentially get a franchise type player in the draft.

I get, that player is just as likely to be a bust or an ok player...but at the same time Horford is not putting us over the top.

it reminds me of trading chauncy billups/joe johnson to help our teams for the "present" in the 2000's when we look back at those trades now we shake our heads.

plus, isnt Horford a free agent this summer? you could sign him without giving up anyone of value.

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2016, 09:08:48 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I was hoping at the least we could have consolidated and helped one of the teams that were willing to give a 2017 pick.

Mostly I was hoping to be put in my place by Ainge. We keep hearing that you need 2 to trade but I wish Ainge could have made a deal"Pew Pew Pew Trader Danny". If he could have gotten Hortford or even Howard as a rental I think we could have given the Cavs a real challenge and possibly won another championship....depending on injuries etc for the Spurs and Warriors. Also if we got Al or someone else and resigned them (not Howard)it would probably help us in free agency. I was thinking that.

I also was intrigued with the sixers gauging Okafors value. Many on this forum think trading the BKN pick for Okafor is a horrible idea......I actually liked it. Getting in the top 2 is really really pushing our luck and Okafor is young with a great post-game and literally has all the room to grow his jumper. We may not have won the championship with him this year, but next year I believe we would be much better off and Stevens would have a legit big( although Jahlil would have to start making jumpers).

By making no moves we have really no shot at winning the championship this year. I would go after Hickson and keep an eye on buyouts though.

I don't think Horford would have realistically put us in championship contention this year.  In any event, it appears that Danny made a play for Al, but Atlanta was asking too much.  Personally, I'm glad Danny didn't overpay for a Horford rental. 

As to Okafor, I'm not really a fan, and would much rather keep the Brooklyn pick.

I'm happy that Danny stood pat for now. He'll have plenty of opportunity to keep building this thing into a contender this off-season.

I really do think a little patience is in order.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2016, 09:52:01 PM »

• Ray Allen
Yea, Future Celtics Owner- Youre way out of line man. It comes across as if youre throwing a fit because the trades you proposed didnt come to fruition. Sorry, but you cant hope to know the dynamic of conversations Danny had.

And i dont know what your definition of flexibility is but id call the Celtics flexibility Master Yogi level right now.

And also, championships really are not all that matter. Quality basketball is all that matters because when it comes to championships there is way too much luck involved.
When I was a broke college freshman I borrowed almost 10k to buy celtics season tickets in literally a 1 hr span. 1k from family and the rest was financed and I made it so I could make incremental payments to the Celtic's every month. Why in God's name would I do such a thing? KG was medically cleared and the trade for him went through. Within an hr of the KG trade being medically cleared I had a basic proposal, figured the logistics/ROI, and made my mind up that we were going to the Finals and probably winning. 2 weeks later the prices rose and unfortunately season ticket holder benifits like the bbq were cut( I planned to sell tix to those like I charged ppl to shoot on the court with me). I had the tix for 3 years and did not pay for the playoffs the year we went to 7 games with the Lakers lol.

Anyway, 18 year old me put my money where my mouth was, can you say the same? I opened myself up for shame and financial problems(at 18 10k is like a million bucks, it was to me).

I guess time will tell if you both are blindly loyal to everything DA does. Thinking for yourself and being free is overrated anyway. But getting personal and preaching about championships does not impress me one bit.

BTW Championships are the only thing. Celtic's do not count division titles or crap like that.

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2016, 09:57:06 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

You said the same thing last year about how the guys we had (Crowder, Kelly, AB, Thomas, etc.) weren't gonna get much better. Here we are a year later, and IT is an All-Star, 20/7/3 PG. Crowder has improved so much that his 7 Million a year is almost criminal. He's clearly still improving, and it wouldn't shock me to see him improve into a constant 18/6 SF with elite level defense. Heck he's almost there now. Bradley is still improving, Kelly has improved a ton, particularly on D. Turner has gotten better, Smart's gotten better, Turner and Jerebko have gotten better and even Sully has continued to improve under CBS. We also have 3 rookies and a sophomore who I'm sure are improving even without NBA PT.

Because of that improvement, Crowder and Bradley are legit excellent trade chips that you could get quite a good amount back for. We traded Marcus Thornton's expiring and a late-20's 1st for Thomas, and if we traded him today we would've gotten back MUCH more. Crowder was a throw in for the Rondo trade and now he's a guy almost anyone would love to have, and has huge trade value. Championships are what matters, but you can't just wave a magic wand and have that happen. Putting all your eggs in one basket (draft, FA or trade) makes you susceptible to veering off the track so far that you've wasted 3 years just to "collect lottery picks", and your still years away from building something even resembling a future contender (See:Philly)

How many teams have ever been in a position where they had the leagues 5th youngest roster, where everyone who plays at all is 28 or under, where that roster is ALREADY sitting at the 3 seed, with a guy whos probably the leagues best young coach, who could very realistically win 50 games, make a run towards the ECF AND get a top-5 pick (Maybe even top-2), AND have max-cap space to sign FA's (who might actually sign here because The league has officially taken notice of Boston's rise. Idk if any team in the third year of a rebuild has EVER been able to say that

I think we should all be able to agree that Ainge is CLEARLY one if the best GM's in the NBA, has been for some time, and were very lucky to have him as our GM. That's not "kool-aid". There's not a whole lot of GM's/FO's that are better than Ainge and Boston's

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2016, 09:04:19 PM »

Offline ausbacker

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
When has it ever been good business to make a move for the sake of making a move? There's also the point that in a trade, there needs to be an agreement between two or more sides, both sides having felt like they've come out a winner.

For every rumor reported, there's probably 5 discussions going on with teams. We'll have to see what the C's do over summer but I doubt Ainge is sitting on his hands doing SFA.