Author Topic: Bulpett: C's make no moves  (Read 4886 times)

Re: Bulpett: C's make no moves
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 03:56:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
And now we turn our sights to winning a game or two in the playoffs.

I'm going with somewhere between nine and eleven.

I'll watch that movie so long as Michael Bay doesn't direct it.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2016, 04:05:20 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Well we will develop this team and see what happens.  Hopefully some of these guys emerge...James young, Jordan, Rj

When they are eventually traded to another team that can give them playing time when there are one or two years left on their rookie deals?

We have quite a few guys expiring after this season.  No doubt Danny will allow some of them to walk to create roster space for those he feels deserve it.

In actually kinda relieved in a way that Nothing major happened.  Since of the purposed might have helped us shortm term, but had the potential to really hurt us long term.

Only two years ago we'd have been dreaming of being able to bee where we are right now.  A top 3 seed with a potential top 3 pick, and the cap space for two max few agents?  Has Boston ever been in that position??

It's not a bad position.  All along I thought the real moves were going to happen around the draft / start of free agency.

I don't put much stock in the "room for two max free agents," though, because I think no matter how great our coach's reputation is, Boston is still a provincial city that is unappealing to players who havent' already spent time there.

Probably we'll see Danny do something with that Brooklyn pick to upgrade one of the starting big man spots and otherwise the team next year will look pretty much the same, even the bench.

This is true, but the key is having the flexibility.  Nobody can truly control whether free agents choose to sign here, all Danny dan do is put us I a position where if one chooses to, we can accommodate it.

This deadline is a perfect example.  With the assets we had, i have little doubt we could have had any one of Love, Horford or Dwight.  I believe if we really wanted them, Danny could have made it happen with the assets we had.  In the end he seemingly felt the cost was too high and didn't bite (i tend to agree) butt the important thing is that if we wanted to, we could have.

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2016, 04:09:21 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
There wasn't much we could do at the deadline to turn this team into a real contender, so you can't blame ainge for waiting until the summer... But if it's true he was unwilling to offer the Brooklyn 1st for a player like Kevin love, this could end up a pretty big missed opportunity. 

At least Brooklyn didn't make any major improvements.  Hopefully we get lucky in the lotto.

I am completely all set with Love, especially for the Nets pick. Id rather have Jaylen Brown, Bender, Dunn, certainly Simmons Or Ingram cost controlled than Love at this point it the space time continuum.

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2016, 04:10:30 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I've seen some highlights of Jaylen Brown and am sold.  He's the SF I want to see drafted at three, unless we land higher.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2016, 04:26:45 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

So no fireworks? 8)

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2016, 04:38:26 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

Sorry, I'm a little confused. There are four rounds of playoffs, right? And four wins takes each. So that's 16 games we're going to win, isn't it?

So no fireworks? 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw

Mike

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2016, 05:25:11 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
But if it's true he was unwilling to offer the Brooklyn 1st for a player like Kevin love, this could end up a pretty big missed opportunity.   

I just don't see it. Why would CLE want the BKN pick for Love? And why would Ainge give up substantially more than the BKN pick to get him now, instead of waiting until summer? I just don't see a sensible deal there.

Obviously, same is true for Griffin. Doc doesn't care about the BKN pick -- not now, anyway, if ever.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2016, 05:35:11 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Better one or two and keeping our assets than 5 or 6 and losing them all
Agreed.

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2016, 05:39:01 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I like that we didnt make any moves

if the deals you want arent there
then you shouldnt panic and make a last second deal and end up regretting it later

good call on ainge
not submitting to the demands for howard and horford

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2016, 05:43:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
No kidding

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2016, 05:44:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Zeller was prob on the way out if it was not for kos injury is my guess

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2016, 06:46:34 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
This is a joke. "Flexibility" is a term I have seen ppl use, but it's a joke......we don't have it.

As far as ppl being okay of happy we made 0 moves.....your kidding yourself. You were the same ppl posting about how DA will "make it happen" during the deadline. We have gone too far to tank or try to do what I suggested last year(get our pick in the running for Ingram and Simmons). Looks like we are going French and banking on the future Nets picks being in the top....i don't think you can do that and preach flexibility.

All so we can win a  couple playoff games....

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2016, 06:57:54 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
This is a joke. "Flexibility" is a term I have seen ppl use, but it's a joke......we don't have it.

As far as ppl being okay of happy we made 0 moves.....your kidding yourself. You were the same ppl posting about how DA will "make it happen" during the deadline. We have gone too far to tank or try to do what I suggested last year(get our pick in the running for Ingram and Simmons). Looks like we are going French and banking on the future Nets picks being in the top....i don't think you can do that and preach flexibility.

First off, again with the "French." What's your deal?

Second, are you really suggesting that Ainge should have stripped the roster down to nothing to tank this season, for two chances at a top-2 pick? That's ridiculous.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2016, 07:15:11 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
danny's needs less job security.  i can't wait till his grandson is on the payroll.   i guess us dumbass celtics fans need to stop buying tickets first though.

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2016, 07:45:13 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Wouldn't want you to be a future Celtics owner...

Maybe a future nets owner
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about