Author Topic: Bulpett: C's make no moves  (Read 4899 times)

Bulpett: C's make no moves
« on: February 18, 2016, 03:21:27 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
 Steve Bulpett ‏@SteveBHoop 2m2 minutes ago

As far as Celtic transactions are concerned, today is the first day of summer. Porch light was on until 3 pm, but C's did not make a trade.

Re: Bulpett: C's make no moves
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 03:22:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 03:22:51 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
And now we turn our sights to winning a game or two in the playoffs.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 03:22:52 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
not entertaining, but i am fine with this.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 03:30:11 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Well we will develop this team and see what happens.  Hopefully some of these guys emerge...James young, Jordan, Rj

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 03:32:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Well we will develop this team and see what happens.  Hopefully some of these guys emerge...James young, Jordan, Rj

When they are eventually traded to another team that can give them playing time when there are one or two years left on their rookie deals?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 03:36:16 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Is anyone surprise? Seems like every trade deadline, their always rumors about big name players getting moved but hardly their never is..thats why I never pay any attention to rumors
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 03:38:40 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

Unless there are injuries they won't get playing time this year unless it is in Maine. Too many bodies ahead of them plus we have been playing very well.

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 03:42:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
lottery night , draft and Summer Huge for Celtics .......the real beginning of how the team might look as a contender in upcoming years.

WE ARE ALL RIGHT .

It's Currys time for now

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 03:44:33 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
lottery night , draft and Summer Huge for Celtics .......the real beginning of how the team might look as a contender in upcoming years.

WE ARE ALL RIGHT .

It's Currys time for now

TP
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 03:47:49 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

When they are eventually traded to another team that can give them playing time when there are one or two years left on their rookie deals?

We have quite a few guys expiring after this season.  No doubt Danny will allow some of them to walk to create roster space for those he feels deserve it.

In actually kinda relieved in a way that Nothing major happened.  Since of the purposed might have helped us shortm term, but had the potential to really hurt us long term.

Only two years ago we'd have been dreaming of being able to bee where we are right now.  A top 3 seed with a potential top 3 pick, and the cap space for two max free agents...Has Boston ever been in that position??

Has any team ever?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:52:52 PM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 03:49:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Better one or two and keeping our assets than 5 or 6 and losing them all

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 03:50:08 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
There wasn't much we could do at the deadline to turn this team into a real contender, so you can't blame ainge for waiting until the summer... But if it's true he was unwilling to offer the Brooklyn 1st for a player like Kevin love, this could end up a pretty big missed opportunity. 

At least Brooklyn didn't make any major improvements.  Hopefully we get lucky in the lotto. 

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 03:52:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

We have quite a few guys expiring after this season.  No doubt Danny will allow some of them to walk to create roster space for those he feels deserve it.

In actually kinda relieved in a way that Nothing major happened.  Since of the purposed might have helped us shortm term, but had the potential to really hurt us long term.

Only two years ago we'd have been dreaming of being able to bee where we are right now.  A top 3 seed with a potential top 3 pick, and the cap space for two max few agents?  Has Boston ever been in that position??

It's not a bad position.  All along I thought the real moves were going to happen around the draft / start of free agency.

I don't put much stock in the "room for two max free agents," though, because I think no matter how great our coach's reputation is, Boston is still a provincial city that is unappealing to players who havent' already spent time there.

Probably we'll see Danny do something with that Brooklyn pick to upgrade one of the starting big man spots and otherwise the team next year will look pretty much the same, even the bench.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 03:52:37 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I'm going with somewhere between nine and eleven.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson