Author Topic: Hou trade Montejunas to Det  (Read 4582 times)

Re: Hou trade Montejunas to Det
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2016, 01:58:19 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So, Detroit gave up a first for an injured player who's also a  restricted free agent next year? 

Unless D-Mo stays healthy and the Pistons retain him for a friendly contract, I think they gave up a bit too much. The fit with Drummond is nice, but they are banking on health and D-Mo resigning on this trade.

Let see what happens.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2016, 02:00:45 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
VERY nice return for Morey.

Eh. Will end up being the 20th pick or so in the draft. Wasn't DMo's stock a lot higher earlier this season?

You think the Pistons are moving up 6 slots rest of this year?

1sts are hard to acquire. Just reading Lowe's take:

So DET gave its protected 1st for a guy who has barely played this year due to back injury, and not for Tobias Harris? HOU fans are gonna be mad, but top-8 protected pick (via @TimBontemps) is solid return for injured RFA Rox didn't want to pay. Better return than what Utah got for Kanter, and what OKC got for Jackson -- RFAs traded last year. ~ Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA

About that. They'll make the playoffs in the East, which automatically puts them no lower than 16th. Detroit currently one game behind the Bulls (7th seed). I think they'll definitely end up with a better record than the 7th/8th seeds in the West. I'm guessing Detroit winds up with about the 20th pick.

OK fair enough -- let's say that's how it shakes out, though integrating Harris may actually decrease their wins this year in an effort to improve long term.

Grabbing the 20th pick in the draft for an injured player headed for (restricted) free agency who you don't intend to sign? Pretty good!

Yeah, it's not bad. I'm just saying that I thought Morey waited a bit too long to move DMo. I think he could have gotten more months ago. Although, perhaps the Rox needed that time to actually formulate a view on DMo's value to them going forward.

For DET, they get RFA rights on a stretch big. Could be a cheap alternative to Ryan Anderson, assuming DMo's health warrants resigning him.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2016, 03:15:16 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
VERY nice return for Morey.

Eh. Will end up being the 20th pick or so in the draft. Wasn't DMo's stock a lot higher earlier this season?

You think the Pistons are moving up 6 slots rest of this year?

1sts are hard to acquire. Just reading Lowe's take:

So DET gave its protected 1st for a guy who has barely played this year due to back injury, and not for Tobias Harris? HOU fans are gonna be mad, but top-8 protected pick (via @TimBontemps) is solid return for injured RFA Rox didn't want to pay. Better return than what Utah got for Kanter, and what OKC got for Jackson -- RFAs traded last year. ~ Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA

About that. They'll make the playoffs in the East, which automatically puts them no lower than 16th. Detroit currently one game behind the Bulls (7th seed). I think they'll definitely end up with a better record than the 7th/8th seeds in the West. I'm guessing Detroit winds up with about the 20th pick.

OK fair enough -- let's say that's how it shakes out, though integrating Harris may actually decrease their wins this year in an effort to improve long term.

Grabbing the 20th pick in the draft for an injured player headed for (restricted) free agency who you don't intend to sign? Pretty good!

Yeah, it's not bad. I'm just saying that I thought Morey waited a bit too long to move DMo. I think he could have gotten more months ago. Although, perhaps the Rox needed that time to actually formulate a view on DMo's value to them going forward.

For DET, they get RFA rights on a stretch big. Could be a cheap alternative to Ryan Anderson, assuming DMo's health warrants resigning him.

I think it's probably a win-win.

Detroit struggles to get FAs, and SVG wants as many stretch bigs as he can find. Bet a first on bringing Montiejunas back to speed and signing him to a reasonable RFA deal.

I also very much liked Thornton while he was in Boston. I can see him staying there and adding scoring off the bench for DET.

Nonetheless, I think Morey did well, too.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)