Author Topic: UNC Vs Duke  (Read 5346 times)

UNC Vs Duke
« on: February 17, 2016, 09:47:53 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Brice Johnson Is the greatest garbage player you could ask for. You don't have to call any plays fro him or set any picks, he's gonna get his points and rebounds all by himself. Matter fact that's the best pass to him, just draw the defense, shoot the ball, and he will take it off the rim and score.

On top of that he's guarding Brandon Ingram, and doing a great job.
 If I can draft him with the Celtics pick I'd be happy with that. Ingram is shooting one for seven right now with Brice guarding him.

Imagine having the ultimate garbage man Power Forward that didn't demand the ball to be effective on our team right now, and we add Jaylen Brown and AL Horford. We will be in great shape next year.

Update Ingram 2 for 8 against him.

Brice has a double double already in the first half, less than 16 minutes and he's got 12 points and 10 rebounds. He just produces without any effort to get him the ball.

Re: UNC Vs Duke
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 09:54:26 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Brice Johnson Is the greatest garbage player you could ask for. You don't have to call any plays fro him or set any picks, he's gonna get his points and rebounds all by himself. Matter fact that's the best pass to him, just draw the defense, shoot the ball, and he will take it off the rim and score.

On top of that he's guarding Brandon Ingram, and doing a great job.
 If I can draft him with the Celtics pick I'd be happy with that. Ingram is shooting one for seven right now with Brice guarding him.

Imagine having the ultimate garbage man Power Forward that didn't demand the ball to be effective on our team right now, and we add Jaylen Brown and AL Horford. We will be in great shape next year.

Update Ingram 2 for 8 against him.

Brice has a double double already in the first half, less than 16 minutes and he's got 12 points and 10 rebounds. He just produces without any effort to get him the ball.
draftexpress has him being picked at #42. if so, the celtics could pick him earlier in the second round.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 09:58:27 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
 Hwang I Love Draft Express, but this kid has to go higher than 42. Can't Imagine 40 guys are better than him, or have more upside. I'm all in with Johnson he's Sean Marion with less range that plays Power Foward that can guard multiple positions. That works for me.

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 10:02:42 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Update, he's scored 18 out if 44 points for UNC, and has grabbed 12 rebounds out of the teams 16 rebounds.

His best game this year was 39 points and 23 Boards. we shall see what he does tonight.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 10:15:51 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
He has become a really good college basketball player. He will be very limited at the next level though, unfortunately. He doesn't have the size/length of a guy like B. Wright, nor the offensive polish that Henson had at UNC. He is really good at what he does, though, at this level.

I'd say the same for Paige. Remember when T. Ennis had his phenomenal Freshman year at Cuse and then left (too early)? Paige was right there in the convo of best PG in ACC. In fact, he was a better scorer. He came into this season with a broken hand though, then went through a nasty shooting slump. Hasn't turned the corner, but he's a really good offensive player/floor general that'll be vital for them if they're to make a deep run this year.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 10:44:47 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Ingram struggling with his shot, leaving everything short.  Rebounding well though.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 10:49:06 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Tarheels, I'll say he ends yo a better pro than Brandon Wright, He has the size and certainly athleticism. It's only the strength that concerns me. DOuble double machine in the NBA IMO.

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 10:56:17 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
Ingram struggling with his shot, leaving everything short.  Rebounding well though.

Might have spoken too soon.

Wiill Brice Johnson step up down the stretch?

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 11:07:02 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
Gutty win for Duke.

I don't see the nba potential for Johnson.  He's not going to get all th easy put backs against bigger stronger guys.

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 11:07:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Hope you're right, KGLL.

I missed the game but that is a devastating loss for UNC.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 11:10:42 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Listening to these Guys argue is hilarious.  Roy Williams sux as a coach

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 11:24:57 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Duke wins because of Ingram, Allen got stuffed three times in a row, Ingram showed why he's a match up nightmare.

Brice went for 29 points and 19 boards. You just can't ignore him.

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 11:36:47 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
Allen did just keep attacking though, and ended up with a couple of big free throws.  I think he struggles at the next level also, but he's a tough kid.

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 11:43:17 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

Duke wins because of Ingram, Allen got stuffed three times in a row, Ingram showed why he's a match up nightmare.

Brice went for 29 points and 19 boards. You just can't ignore him.

Ingram kept them in the game but unc couldn't run a set to save their lives in that last 6 minutes.  Sadly about the time I started watching too :'(

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 05:42:50 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Similar player to Trevor Booker?