Author Topic: C's , Cavs, Pelican 3 team deal in works?(Rumor) UPDATES on pg 1  (Read 34616 times)

Re: C's , Cavs, Pelican 3 team deal in works?(Rumor)
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2016, 06:18:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I feel like Crowder and Love are pretty similar in value as of right now. Obviously if Love plays better in a different system, his value can be much greater than Crowder's. Just not sure I like giving up current value and then some.
Getting Crowder for Anderson is daylight robbery. I don't see a conceivable reason to include him in this deal.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Re: C's , Cavs, Pelican 3 team deal in works?
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2016, 06:18:58 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
why would you use those stats for love though ?

The last time he was #1 option he put up 26/13 

He would clearly be the # 1 option here . You can't say that his stats in cle would be the same as in Boston

Last time he was a #1 option his team won 40 games.

Some points to consider...

Usage argument

The "buried behind Lebron and Irving" argument is a farce. 

Avery Bradley's usage rate this year is 20%, and Kevin Love's usage rate is 23%.  Bradley averages 13.5 FGA Per Game and Love averages 12.7 FGA Per Game.

Kevin Love is is getting just as many touches in Cleveland as Bradley is in Boston, so that entire argument just does not stick.  It's a weak excuse that former Kevin Love fanboys (who are in deep denial) throw around to try to convince themselves that Kevin Love is still a superstar...he isn't.

These days Love is a complimentary semi-star (about on par with Al Horford), and there is nothing wrong with that as long as you understand and acknowledge that this is what he is. 

If you expect Kevin Love to come to Boston and magically turn the clock back three or four years, and transform into the 26/14 guy he was in Minnesota, then you are going to:

1) Be grossly dissapinted and
2) End up massively overpaying

If you don't want the above to happen, than you should temper your expectations and acknowledge the fact that Love has faded to the point where he is little more than a volume jumper chucking ball hog who rebounds quite well, and is a pretty decent passer.

Think of current day Kevin Love as Jared Sullinger with a consistent three point shot, and you are pretty much there. It's nowhere near as big an upgrade for us as people think. 

Efficiency

If the "buried behind Lebron and Irving" argument had any validity to it, then Kevin Love should be getting easier looks as a result of those guys drawing all the defense, and so his shooting percentages should be higher than ever. 

That's exactly what happened with Bosh and Wade in Miami (when Lebron was there) and it's exactly what happened with Pierce, KG and Allen when they joined forces in Boston. 

If that's accurate, then the opposite is also true, so you could expect that bringing Love to Boston, in a more prominent offensive role, should see his percentages drop even further than where they are now - a frightening thought considering his current percentages almost make Jared Sullinger look good. 

Team fit

The big reason Boston (as a team) is so successful, is because we don't have a bunch of stars who hog the ball 24-7 and take stupid amounts of shots.  We share the ball and attack teams with a balanced assault, which forces teams to take a "pick your poison" approach to defending us.

When Love had his two best scoring seasons he was playing huge minutes and taking almost 20 shots a game on a garbage team - and that was back when he was getting to the line at a crazy high rate, and he was shooting half respectable percentages from the field.

This year Love's minutes are down (despite him clearly being by far the highest profile big on his team), his percentages are disgraceful, and he's getting to the line at about the same rate as Kelly Olynyk. 

If you want the current version of Kevin Love to give you 20 PPG then you're going to have to have him taking something like 18 shots a night, which will utterly destroy the brilliant "team" system that Brad currently has in place.

Do you want that?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 06:35:14 PM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2016, 06:21:10 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
That is very cheap for Kevin Love.  Why wouldn't we do that?

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2016, 06:21:16 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
OK, here is my very complicated but workable trade:

Boston
Out:  Crowder, Bradley, Jerebko
In:    Love, Sasha Kaun

CLE
Out:  Love, Cunningham, Kaun
In:    Bradley, Anderson, Jerebko

NOP
Out:  Anderson
In:    Crowder, Cunningham

I think CLE is the loser in this but Bradley and Anderson are pretty good and Jerebko adds some depth.  I wouldn't believe it if it wasn't for the rumors.  I think Crowder for Anderson is fair (Cunningham is filler).
I feel like Crowder and Love are pretty similar in value as of right now. Obviously if Love plays better in a different system, his value can be much greater than Crowder's. Just not sure I like giving up current value and then some.
I actually updated my trade to include the Dallas pick going to CLE.  I am not sure I agree that Crowder is equal in value to Love.  Crowder=Anderson, OK but Love?

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2016, 06:21:53 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Here's my best guess. I'm not sure picks would be necessary, but they could be added.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zy3enm4
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2016, 06:21:56 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Bradley fits perfectly on Cle, they would finally have someone whocan attempt to defend Curry in the finals .

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2016, 06:23:30 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
OK, here is my very complicated but workable trade:

Boston
Out:  Crowder, Bradley, Jerebko
In:    Love, Sasha Kaun

CLE
Out:  Love, Cunningham, Kaun
In:    Bradley, Anderson, Jerebko

NOP
Out:  Anderson
In:    Crowder, Cunningham

I think CLE is the loser in this but Bradley and Anderson are pretty good and Jerebko adds some depth.  I wouldn't believe it if it wasn't for the rumors.  I think Crowder for Anderson is fair (Cunningham is filler).
I actually updated my trade to include the Dallas pick going to CLE.  I am not sure I agree that Crowder is equal in value to Love.  Crowder=Anderson, OK but Love?

Crowder is a better player than Anderson, not an expiring, and is paid WAY less than what Anderson will be paid. Love and Crowder, taking contracts into account, are pretty similar in value.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2016, 06:24:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

The same was true of Isaiah Thomas heading into this season.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2016, 06:24:46 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
Bradley fits perfectly on Cle, they would finally have someone whocan attempt to defend Curry in the finals .

He fits perfectly on a lot of elite teams. Cleveland and OKC both could use Bradley. He's the perfect guy to go along with two ball dominant stars.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2016, 06:25:18 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
If we get Love then Ainge must get Horford as well.

Then we'll be like the Lakers 2010 with a deadly twin tower front-court  ;D

Now if only Stevens know how to run the triangle offense...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2016, 06:25:48 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

The same was true of Isaiah Thomas heading into this season.

yea seriously he dragged a team with it's next best player being Rubio to 40 wins in the brutal western conference .

How come Wiggins hasn't done it yet? I thought he was the next coming .....

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2016, 06:29:27 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Here's my best guess. I'm not sure picks would be necessary, but they could be added.

This makes a lot of sense. I'd hate seeing Bradley in Cleveland but he is the kind of player they need. Cleveland would want a pick tho.

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2016, 06:30:20 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

This makes a lot of sense. I'd hate seeing Bradley in Cleveland but he is the kind of player they need. Cleveland would want a pick tho.

Yeah, looking back at the deal, Cleveland would probably need the Dallas Pick also.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2016, 06:30:41 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Following up on this news from last month:

In NBA trade rumors land, it wasn’t so long ago news broke that the Cleveland Cavaliers received calls on the availability of Timofey Mozgov. Omer Asik‘s name was brought up in a potential trade with the New Orleans Pelicans, but the Cavs were never serious about a deal, according to Yahoo’s Chris Mannix.

So...

Boston

In- Love

Out- Nets # 1 pick (Pelicans have option to swap; if not they receive Mavs or Celtics pick) , Bradley, Lee

Why? Get a top guy to build around

Cleveland

In- Anderson, Bradley, Asik

Out- Love, Mozgov

Why? Anderson fills the Love role nicely and Bradley is the 3 and d guy they want at a good contract, Asik is overpriced, but does many of the things Mozgov (who they'd likely lose this summer anyways) does.

New Orleans

In- Option to swap with Nets # 1 pick; if not they receive the Mavs or Celtics pick, Mozgov, Lee

Out- Anderson, Asik

Why? Significantly increase their odds of getting a top 3 pick. Get out of Asik's deal.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 06:36:32 PM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2016, 06:31:14 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Deal doesn't have to be complicated. The workable framework is as follows: Love to Boston, Lee and Anderson to Cleveland, $8 million of salary to New Orleans. With some picks changing hands too.

I'd much rather give NO Jerebko and Sullinger than Bradley, but I am not sure they'll take on 2 years of salary.

Why would Cleveland trade Love for Anderson, who is a downgrade?  To save money?  Not if they want to actually re-sign Anderson.

Cleveland would have to be getting something in addition to Anderson, probably multiple players that would help them match up better with the Warriors / Spurs.  Picks aren't going to greatly interest a team that wants to compete for titles in the short term.

Lebron