Author Topic: C's , Cavs, Pelican 3 team deal in works?(Rumor) UPDATES on pg 1  (Read 34518 times)

Re: C's , Cavs, Pelican 3 team deal in works?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 05:13:57 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
https://twitter.com/thebirdwrites/status/700073345748873216

Idea from N.O. site.

I would rather give up Bradley and not Crowder.

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 05:13:57 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Frank Isola

@FisolaNYDN

Cleveland remains very active. Cavs in talks with Pelicans about Ryan Anderson. A 3-team deal that includes Kevin Love still in play.

sounds like there's some smoke....

Please be true. Would the Cavs really be dumb enough to give the Celtics Love? I don't know if you want to give Brad Stephens ammunition.

Because we are starting to scare them with our win record and they are worried we might be able to compete with them.

They know that Love makes every team he plays on worse, so they see it as a chance to help strengthen their gap over us?
Our defense would take a huge hit especially with (Love) no rim protector
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 05:14:10 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Is it possible that the Pelicans can negotiate something like the right to swap their own #1 with the Brooklyn pick (top 3 protected) and if no swap then maybe take the C's #1 and Dallas #1?

That feels like more equivalent value for Anderson, no? 

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2016, 05:14:29 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Frank Isola

@FisolaNYDN

Cleveland remains very active. Cavs in talks with Pelicans about Ryan Anderson. A 3-team deal that includes Kevin Love still in play.

Please be true. Would the Cavs really be dumb enough to give the Celtics Love? I don't know if you want to give Brad Stephens ammunition.

Because we are starting to scare them with our win record and they are worried we might be able to compete with them.

They know that Love makes every team he plays on worse, so they see it as a chance to help strengthen their gap over us?

You act like Kyrie Irving hasn't been garbage either...You do realize every player gets worse playing with Lebron right?

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2016, 05:15:20 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
its all depends who GM LeBron james wants on his team..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2016, 05:15:22 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
That doesn't make sense. Seems close to right for Boston (Love, loses Bradley, BRK pick)
And Cleveland (gets Bradley, Andersen, maybe a Sully or Zeller) but for NO? Maybe they take a bad contract like Varejo's or Lee's but I don't see how that deserves the Brooklyn pick. Maybe the 2018 Brooklyn pick.

I agree.  And Lee's contract isn't even bad for NO - expiring deals never are for teams that aren't trying to compete.

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2016, 05:15:47 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Frank Isola

@FisolaNYDN

You act like Kyrie Irving hasn't been garbage either...You do realize every player gets worse playing with Lebron right?

Shots fired! SHOTS FIRED!!!

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2016, 05:16:48 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Frank Isola

@FisolaNYDN

Mo Williams.

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2016, 05:19:41 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Frank Isola

@FisolaNYDN

Mo Williams.

Sure, you can say the same for Boobie Gibson. LBJ is great with role players, but players who need the balls in their hands are diminished. I thought my statement was rather obvious...

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2016, 05:19:43 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
ok I did some 3 team NBA trade machining. 

Love to Celtics
Evans and Anderson to Cavs
Lee (salary filler) and Nets pick to Pelicans.

Maybe other picks involved.

I'd rather keep Bradley but maybe:
Love to Celtics
Anderson and Bradley to Cavs
JJ, Zeller, and Nets pick again to Pelicans

Then we do Amir plus one of other firsts for Horford and call it day. 

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2016, 05:20:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Frank Isola

@FisolaNYDN

except that isn't true.  Last year Irving set career highs in ppg, 2PT%, 3PT%, eFG%, TS%, and PER (this year is 2PT% career high). 

Irving started off the year poorly coming back from a major injury, but his last 10 games he appears to have rounded back into form (24 p, 5.5 a, 3.5 r on 53% from the field).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2016, 05:20:37 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
ok I did some 3 team NBA trade machining. 

Love to Celtics
Evans and Anderson to Cavs
Lee (salary filler) and Nets pick to Pelicans.

Maybe other picks involved.

I'd rather keep Bradley but maybe:
Love to Celtics
Anderson and Bradley to Cavs
JJ, Zeller, and Nets pick again to Pelicans

Then we do Amir plus one of other firsts for Horford and call it day.

Tyreke Evans is out for the rest of the season....

Re: C's , Cavs, Pelican 3 team deal in works?(Rumor)
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2016, 05:23:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I want my money back

How is that deal going to get anything done. Pelicans giving up a bag of chips for Nets 1st? Puhahahaha

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2016, 05:24:33 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Celtics: Love
Pelicans: Sullinger, Lee's Contract, Multiple 1sts
Cavs: Gordon, Anderson

Surround Lebron with shooters if you want to a chance to beat the Warriors or Spurs. Anderson-Lebron-Gordon-Smith-Irving. Or you could go bully ball against smaller teams like the Celtics or Hawks. It really does make sense if Lebron is willing to play defense in the Draymond Green role.

Pelicans get Sullinger to play as a skilled banger next to Davis. They also can draft and grow role players instead of forcing players into roles around Davis that they don't fit.

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2016, 05:27:07 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Woah woah woah. If Ainge could manage to pull of getting Kevin Love for Bradley and a non-Brooklyn 1st or two, I would be officialy shocked. Ainge would forever be a Jedi. One of Young/Rozier/Hunter would have to step up right, at least in limited minutes. Maybe we could pull Shump into the deal too