Author Topic: C's , Cavs, Pelican 3 team deal in works?(Rumor) UPDATES on pg 1  (Read 34617 times)

Re: C's , Cavs, Pelican 3 team deal in works?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2016, 05:03:00 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Saw this on realgm, not sure about the source but...

Mark Clark @marksword

Potential Deal: Has the Pelicans with Celtics #1 pick(top 3)maybe a shot at Ben Simmons with (Cavaliers) (Ryan& Bradley)#NBATradeDeadline

so would we send brk pick to pelicns\
ab and anderson to cavs

Love to bos ?

Can't even read that. What is that supposed to be? Love to BOS, Ryno and Bradley to CLE, pick (and salary filler) to NOP?

Yeah this is some serious Twibberish (Twitter gibberish). 

Playing along, I'm really really hoping that (top 3) would mean the pick is top 3 protected, but it would have to be our #1 in that case, and therefore moot.  And the Ben Simmons reference then makes 0 sense unless the idea is that the Pelicans would now be tanking hard. 

That's it, I definitely need a translator.  Someone get an 11 year old on the phone stat.  Wait they probably don't talk on the phone....er, the textybox.
TP for putting the pieces in the right order on how this trade might go down.

It's a complete guess but I think the Pels would probably be happy with a mediocre #1 for Anderson, they've been trying to move him for a while.  And the Cavs MIGHT consider AB and Ryno a decent return for Love. 

Don't see how Ben Simmons would fit in, or how we'd get Love for basically AB and our own #1, but it's semi-plausible  if my interpretation is right, but I need the [dang] Rosetta Stone to cut through this.

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 05:04:10 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Frank Isola

@FisolaNYDN

Cleveland remains very active. Cavs in talks with Pelicans about Ryan Anderson. A 3-team deal that includes Kevin Love still in play.

sounds like there's some smoke....

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2016, 05:05:09 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Other reports are showing the Cavs do have real interest in Anderson.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/700073665514201092

Could mean they are looking into trading Love.

Yup Marc Spears is reporting this. I don't know why the Cavs would be interested in Anderson when they have Love. Looks like the three team deal could be real...Also, the Horford stuff on the Celtics website was weird. Now we're hearing reports we're the favorites to land him...Don't want to read too much into this, but it is worth looking at.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo  22m22 minutes ago
The Cavaliers are showing strong interest in acquiring Pelicans forward Ryan Anderson, sources said.

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2016, 05:05:54 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Frank Isola

@FisolaNYDN

Cleveland remains very active. Cavs in talks with Pelicans about Ryan Anderson. A 3-team deal that includes Kevin Love still in play.

TP, that's interesting and semi-corroborates this.  We can at least call this a rumor now, and not a cat walking across a keyboard.

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2016, 05:06:12 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

Mark Clark @marksword

Potential Deal: Has the Pelicans with Celtics #1 pick(top 3)maybe a shot at Ben Simmons with (Cavaliers) (Ryan& Bradley)#NBATradeDeadline

ab and anderson to cavs

Love to bos ?

Can't even read that. What is that supposed to be? Love to BOS, Ryno and Bradley to CLE, pick (and salary filler) to NOP?

Yeah this is some serious Twibberish (Twitter gibberish). 

Playing along, I'm really really hoping that (top 3) would mean the pick is top 3 protected, but it would have to be our #1 in that case, and therefore moot.  And the Ben Simmons reference then makes 0 sense unless the idea is that the Pelicans would now be tanking hard. 

That's it, I definitely need a translator.  Someone get an 11 year old on the phone stat.  Wait they probably don't talk on the phone....er, the textybox.
TP for putting the pieces in the right order on how this trade might go down.

It's a complete guess but I think the Pels would probably be happy with a mediocre #1 for Anderson, they've been trying to move him for a while.  And the Cavs MIGHT consider AB and Ryno a decent return for Love.  Don't see how Ben Simmons would fit in, but it's plausible - sort of - if my interpretation is right, but I need the [dang] Rosetta Stone to cut through this.
Close enough translation for me that it now seems slightly possible. And the other reports showing the Cavs have interest in Anderson makes me believe Love might be traded.

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2016, 05:06:43 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
Frank Isola

@FisolaNYDN

Please be true. Would the Cavs really be dumb enough to give the Celtics Love? I don't know if you want to give Brad Stephens ammunition.

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2016, 05:06:45 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
TP to FWF for "twibberish." Word o' the day.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 05:07:00 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

That's it, I definitely need a translator.  Someone get an 11 year old on the phone stat.  Wait they probably don't talk on the phone....er, get em on the textybox. 

HaHa!!!

I bet the 11 year old probably doesn't even realize the device in their hands is actually a phone, or what a phone can even be used for.

Wait...what?  I can actually hear the other person's voice?  Eww...that's weird!

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 05:08:29 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
TP to FWF for "twibberish." Word o' the day.

Thank you, I thought I just made it up, but I Googled it and Urban Dictionary was way ahead of me.  It's a nice portmanteau anyway.

Finally a little deadline excitement!

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 05:09:07 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Frank Isola

@FisolaNYDN

Please be true. Would the Cavs really be dumb enough to give the Celtics Love? I don't know if you want to give Brad Stephens ammunition.

Because we are starting to scare them with our win record and they are worried we might be able to compete with them.

They know that Love makes every team he plays on worse, so they see it as a chance to help strengthen their gap over us?

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2016, 05:09:24 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Along these lines here is something I was thinking as reasonable (although I think the most reasonable thing would be for the Cavs to keep Love). With picks being included.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=hwpe6ad
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 05:12:25 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Mark Clark @marksword

ab and anderson to cavs

Love to bos ?

UPDATE

Frank Isola

@FisolaNYDN

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gua44ot

If he states the pick is top 3 protected it has to be ours as we cannot alter the protection on the Nets pick. I would imagine Cleveland would want more in return for Love though, at least in the form of picks

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2016, 05:12:29 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
The Cavs would get Bradley for Love? Lol

I think I'd rather keep Bradley...

Bradley and Ryan Anderson is actually interesting return for Love given that Bradley fills a massive need for the Cavs and Anderson can probably give them 80% of what Love gives them.  That's not to say that Anderson is 80% of the player of Love... but if all they are going to do is have Love stand in the corner and shoot threes, Anderson can fill that role for them.

Yeah...

In other words Cleveland probably becomes significantly better by adding Bradley and Anderson. 

In the meantime and we become no better by adding Love since he has a life long playoff curse (not making in Minny, then getting injured last year) so we are ultimately eliminating any chance we have of beating Cleveland.

Awesome.

Anyway I'm not too worried because this cannot happen unless there is more to the deal than advertised.  Love is on a $20m a year, Bradley is on $7m a year, and we have no cap space to absorb the rest...so it would have to involve Lee as well.

Really hope it's not true though honestly. 

Bradley almost picture perfect fit in this starting lineup has been one of the keys to us being as good as we are, and Lee's expiring contract is they key to us having the cap space for two max contracts after this season.

1) Giving up Bradley hurts us badly this year

2) Giving up Lee's expiring hurts us in the off season

3) We sure as hell do not need another big man to add to our current logjam

4) I'm not utterly convinced Love is a singificant upgrade over Sully and Olynyk given his currently degree of decline

But oh well, guess we'll have to wait and see.  Sounds bogus to me regardless.

These are all good points, but it seems like you are missing the biggest point of it all. The Celtics need a scorer. And I think if Love plays in Stephen's system, he could average 20 points a game. If KO can play defense in this system, I think Love can as well. I would laugh if Clev. was dumb enough to trade Bradley and Anderson for Love. This is the same person they traded Wiggins away for.

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 05:12:57 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Along these lines here is something I was thinking as reasonable (although I think the most reasonable thing would be for the Cavs to keep Love). With picks being included.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=hwpe6ad

Are you kidding me?

There is no way in HELL I am giving up Bradley, Olynyk, Sully and Zeller for Love.  If Ainge does that I will never watch a Celtics game again.

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 05:13:10 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
That doesn't make sense. Seems close to right for Boston (Love, loses Bradley, BRK pick)
And Cleveland (gets Bradley, Andersen, maybe a Sully or Zeller) but for NO? Maybe they take a bad contract like Varejo's or Lee's but I don't see how that deserves the Brooklyn pick. Maybe the 2018 Brooklyn pick.