Author Topic: We just need to get someone  (Read 2109 times)

Re: We just need to get someone
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2016, 10:19:58 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Well after thinking about it more, I will be fine doing nothing at the deadline .

Cle is not winning the title with the roster they have now . I think a love trade could go down on draft night . Same for Griffin and Cousins . I don't think these teams are going to make major trades mid-season .

Plus we get to see if we actually can draft a Simmons or ingram. If that's the case , we could just draft a potential star without giving up assets.

or

We can then keep a majority of our assets and trade  the top 2 pick with filler for a Love, Griffin, or cousins .

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 10:33:47 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
We need to, if not this deadline, by the summer, but for a different reason.

Someone from SB Nation pointed this out, the 15 roster limit. According to this person, if we don't consolidate our picks and players, we're going to lose assets, and I agree.

We have 9 picks coming in next year's draft, three of them would be guaranteed contracts for sure if we don't trade them, if we don't trim the roster, we're going to be losing assets slowly. We can't just keep waiting on that one guy to fall in our lap.

This is why I'm kind of disappointed that Ainge "will not overpay". Of course we shouldn't massively overpay to the point, but this is why we collected assets for in the first place, so we could afford a little overpay in case it's needed.

We need to get someone, by trimming either our assets or our roster, or a combination of both.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2016, 11:01:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Well after thinking about it more, I will be fine doing nothing at the deadline .

Cle is not winning the title with the roster they have now . I think a love trade could go down on draft night . Same for Griffin and Cousins . I don't think these teams are going to make major trades mid-season .

Plus we get to see if we actually can draft a Simmons or ingram. If that's the case , we could just draft a potential star without giving up assets.

or

We can then keep a majority of our assets and trade  the top 2 pick with filler for a Love, Griffin, or cousins .

There ya Go!  TP

Cooler heads prevail

And look ........why would Cavs load us up with Love right now ? .....and take a chance he is all we need to eliminate THEM !    Trading Love .....could backfire and send them home early too.

That would super embarrassing for Cavs.

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2016, 11:04:21 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
Ainge will overpay for the right guy. I guess everyone can have different meanings of overpay. Dmc, Griffin and Durrant would all be worth multiple good firsts. But there sre other gyys thst could help and might be gad for lesser picks.

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2016, 11:26:22 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Seriously. The idea that "we have so many assets, we have to use them or their useless!" Isn't very sound. Danny Ainge turned the Paul Pierce TPE into Tyler Zeller and Isaiah Thomas. 1st round picks will always have value. If we get to the summer and still have 3 firsts, we'll either combine some and move up somewhere, or well trade out for a future pick you think can be better, or you draft/ stash a guy, or you sell of something like Rozier/Dallas Pick for a more proven veteran. There's countless things you can do. Picks are like league currency.

At the end of the day, we have a team that is the 5th youngest in the entire league, where everyone who plays is 28 or under, who currently sit at 3rd place in the East just one season after finishing a complete tear-down, and we have an almost certain top-5 pick coming to us this year. That's on top of two more Brooklyn picks in the next two years that are very likely to at least be in the lottery. We don't HAVE to do anything. It's very possible that the Celtics win 50 games, make a run to the ECF, AND get one of Simmons/Ingram. It's a very enviable position to be in, and if there's no moves available that are worth dramatically altering that position, we shouldn't make one.

That said, I've noticed almost all the talk surrounding the C's has been about big men. You gotta think Ainge has one specific one in mind and is using his "interest" in the others to drive the guy he wants' team back to the table. If that's true, my money is on Horford.