Author Topic: We just need to get someone  (Read 2100 times)

We just need to get someone
« on: February 17, 2016, 11:53:18 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
I'll trust Danny. If there is a good trade he will make it. He has the assets to make moves. Brad has been getting the most out of what we have amd we have 5 or 6 guys having carer years.  Cap is going up it is a time to spend. Hopefully we get an upgrade to sully

Re: We just need to get someone
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 11:56:42 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm optimistic a big trade is coming, but not until the summer.

For now I'm just going to enjoy how well this team is doing without a Star (although Thomas is quickly becoming one)
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 12:05:07 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

For now I'm just going to enjoy how well this team is doing without a Star (although Thomas is quickly becoming one)

Yeah.....i kinda think its been really quiet and GM are really cautious of dealing with Ainge - especially since he's gone on record basically saying that he waits for other GMs to get desperate - STUPID MOVE FOR SAYING IT OUT LOUD.

its getting to be 27 hours before the deadline and I think Ainge is going to sit this one out. I think the C's have overachieved and may regress due to injuries. I think a team like Detroit will get better and become the 2nd best in the EAST.

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 12:06:09 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Would you deal a plethora of picks and players to get Faried and Gallinari from Denver?  BTW, I might include the Nets pick this year in this package, so we're at least looking at two firsts, plus players.  I haven't had time looking to see what matches yet.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 12:15:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Would you deal a plethora of picks and players to get Faried and Gallinari from Denver?  BTW, I might include the Nets pick this year in this package, so we're at least looking at two firsts, plus players.  I haven't had time looking to see what matches yet.
no, no I wouldn't.

no need for Faried.  already have undersized PF.  Faried also offers no shooting from the forward spot.

Gallinari's not worth more than a prospect and a late first.  he's a decent #3 option on offense but his D is not that good.   while he could help take some of the scoring load off IT, I have to wonder how much.  if he was a legit #1 or #2 option on offense, he'd be scoring a lot more for that Denver team which needs offense.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 12:34:44 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
I'll trust Danny. If there is a good trade he will make it. He has the assets to make moves. Brad has been getting the most out of what we have amd we have 5 or 6 guys having carer years.  Cap is going up it is a time to spend. Hopefully we get an upgrade to sully

Soooooo tired of hearing big things are coming, but not til trade deadline.....and then big things are coming but not til the draft.....and then big things are coming but not til free agency....the then big things are coming this summer...and then it starts all over again!  BIG THINGS ARE NOT COMING!!!
Nobody will trade/deal with DA.  FA's don't want to come here!  We're forever snakebitten in the draft!  Get over it!  We've got a decent team that gets the most out of its limited talent.  Ditto the coach!
One problem we do have is we have three of the most talented young players in the NBA, but, they don't get a chance to play!  I believe RJ, JM & TR can all be very good to secondary stars in this league, but might not be in Boston when that happens.  Our ace in the hole is DA's drafting ability, regardless of where we pick and that is going to have to be what takes us to the promised land!

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 12:36:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
There are definitely moves that need to be made between now and August.  Significant moves.

I'm not convinced there are any moves that need to happen this week, though.  Waiving David Lee could be it.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 12:39:03 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

Soooooo tired of hearing big things are coming, but not til trade deadline.....and then big things are coming but not til the draft.....and then big things are coming but not til free agency....the then big things are coming this summer...and then it starts all over again!  BIG THINGS ARE NOT COMING!!!
Nobody will trade/deal with DA.  FA's don't want to come here!  We're forever snakebitten in the draft!  Get over it!  We've got a decent team that gets the most out of its limited talent.  Ditto the coach!
One problem we do have is we have three of the most talented young players in the NBA, but, they don't get a chance to play!  I believe RJ, JM & TR can all be very good to secondary stars in this league, but might not be in Boston when that happens.  Our ace in the hole is DA's drafting ability, regardless of where we pick and that is going to have to be what takes us to the promised land!

THIS!!!

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 12:40:53 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55

Sorry, wrong post referred to on my previous post.

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 12:45:49 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
IT trade dropped in out of no where so I'm not worried. Even if there is no move it let's team evaluate its team even more as no new conditions were add to to the mix. You can go into off season knowing a lot more about what the team is. Plus you can deal players and picks on draft night so no big deal going into it loaded with picks they are movable.

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 12:48:59 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I understand where you're coming from.  I feel that way too sometimes.  The fact is, the Celts haven't been, and still aren't, in a position where they HAVE to make a move.  Danny is taking his time.  He's got a full hand and he's not in a rush to play it.  He's going to wait for the right moment to strike.

This summer is when things are going to come to a head to some degree.  The Celts have too many picks to use in the upcoming draft.  True, they could just roll over some of those picks by trading them for lesser future picks, or reaching for draft-and-stash candidates.  That's far from ideal, though.

I expect that once we know where the Nets pick is going to fall in the draft, and we get closer to draft day, things will get set in motion.  That pick looks like the fulcrum of the rebuild right now.  Where it falls and what other teams are willing to offer Danny around draft day for that pick will determine the direction the team takes beyond this season.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 09:43:19 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
We dont HAVE to make a trade but if a 4 or 5 better tgan who we have is available i think Danny will make a move.

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 10:00:38 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
No we don't
we're rocking and not desperate.
The most efficient rebuild I've ever seen in the nba.
We will make a move if it improves the team.

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 10:08:35 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
We don't "need" anyone right now. Panic and we end up like Philly (back with Iggy) or one of the many other teams that seemed to be on their way to a quick turnaround but then end up in another rebuild.

Yes, we need someone eventually. But Danny needs to take his time. We are in a good spot with those Brooklyn picks and with our current success.

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 10:10:31 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Teams have no problem dealing with DA. Trades just aren't that common, especially trades of big name players.