Author Topic: Broussard's Sources Tell Him Dwight Wants ATL , Can Danny Get Horford?  (Read 5442 times)

Re: Broussard sauces tell him Dwight wants ATL , Can Danny get Horford?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 12:54:37 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Very disappointed.  I thought the thread would be full of sauce jokes but not a single one.  I'm leaving!

Sauces close to him told him that he shouldn't drink so much while reporting.

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 12:58:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
I'd like to see Dwight Howard leave Houston. They do not treat him with respect there. He is an afterthought to the James Harden show.

Going home to Atlanta would be a good destination. Be interesting to see Dwight get to work with Budenholzer. A real coach. First one Dwight has had since he left SVG 4 years ago.

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 01:01:39 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Takes two to tango. Can't see why ATL would chose Howard over Horford.

much better fit next to Millsap. Howard can still be an elite defender in the middle.

Outside of on-court reasons, if you expect Horford to leave and Howard to want to stay, expect Howard to sell more tickets in his hometown, and are willing to pay Howard, it seems like something of a no-brainer.
They could also move Millsap to keep Horford and Howard. Who knows, I think its clear Dwight is looking for a new place to play at this point.

Can't blame him, for all his warts Dwight has been playing hard these past two years. Playing with Harden as your star player looks miserable, especially as a defensive big man.

Howard would also be a MUCH better fit offensively with ATL than he is with Houston.   Howard's best utilized as a P&R roller -- that's his bread and butter and what made him dominant in Orlando.  He's still very efficient as a roller at 1.13 points per play.

But Houston has become almost phobic about running p&r plays for the roller.  They are dead last in terms of share of plays of that type and 2nd to last in that type of play by raw number (meanwhile, they instead chuck up a zillion threes....).

Meanwhile, ATL loves this play type, fifth highest in the NBA in terms of percentage of their plays and third highest in raw number of plays.

This sort of deal also makes sense because it would get Bird Rights in the hands of the teams interested in each of these players, as opposed to everybody having to clear cap for UFA signings in the summer.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 01:06:11 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2954
Dang, this seems to make perfect sense for both sides. The only issue could be Horford resigning in Houston. In one sense, Houston would be an ideal fit, because Horford wants to expand his brand to the Spanish-speaking world, which Houston is a great city for that desire. However, Horford strikes me as a smart guy, and I don't think he'd like the character concerns and style of play that currently plagues that Houston team. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 01:10:53 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Takes two to tango. Can't see why ATL would chose Howard over Horford.

much better fit next to Millsap. Howard can still be an elite defender in the middle.

Outside of on-court reasons, if you expect Horford to leave and Howard to want to stay, expect Howard to sell more tickets in his hometown, and are willing to pay Howard, it seems like something of a no-brainer.
They could also move Millsap to keep Horford and Howard. Who knows, I think its clear Dwight is looking for a new place to play at this point.

Can't blame him, for all his warts Dwight has been playing hard these past two years. Playing with Harden as your star player looks miserable, especially as a defensive big man.

Possible, but they'd have to have a strong expectation that Horford would resign, which it sounds like isn't the case.

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 01:49:12 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Chris Broussard on Dwight Howard: “I’m told he would like to get to Atlanta.”
2 mins ago – via ESPN.com

Chris Broussard on Dwight Howard: “Even last last year his representation talked to the Hawks about ‘Hey, it may be not working out in Houston… What do you guys think?’ He’s from Atlanta. He needs some love.”
– via ESPN.com

bos sends: Lee, Sully,Rozier, dal pick, bos 16
bos gets: Horford

Hou sends: Dwight
Hou gets:  Lee, Splitter, Sully, Rozier, dal 16, 

Atl sends: Horford, splitter
Atl  gets: Howard, bos 16

IT              / Smart
AB             / Turner
Jae             / Jerebko
KO             / Amir
Horford      / Zeller

yeah Broussad seems to be on the sauce.

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 02:43:16 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I just saw a tweet that I don't like very much:

I'm told Rockets, Heat, Hawks discussing 3-way. Howard to ATL, Horford and Teague to Mia, Dragic and Whteside, Anderson to Hou.

https://twitter.com/AdamSpolane/status/699303232053510144

Anybody know how reliable this guy, Spolane is?

Also this:

Adam Spolane ‏@AdamSpolane 56m56 minutes ago

Deal is not imminent. Atlanta wants Miami to add Winslow, but I'm told Riley won't trade him

And a little backing off?

Adam Spolane ‏@AdamSpolane 47m47 minutes ago

Just so we're clear, I'm not saying the deal is going to happen, I'm saying it's being discussed. Lots of moving parts

That freezes us out of H and H if it happens. I HATE/LOVE this time of year!!!!

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 02:44:49 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
So it's important to remember why Houston are looking at trading Howard. They would like to be able to make a run at Durant in the summer and by trading Dwight they will be able to clear the necessary cap space. They also have Capela who they feel can fill the hole Howard leaves.

So they won't take contracts that run into next year unless they can still have cap space for Durant.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h7aegc9

We send Houston the BOS + MIN 2016
We send Atlanta the DAL 2016

you can remove Zeller and Holiday and the maths still works if you would rather not do that.

It's a better return for Houston than the proposed Bobby Marks deal with the C's. Atlanta get a star in return for Horford and Teague in Howard and get Harrell, a young prospect. Howard would likely need to agree to opt in to seal it.

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 02:49:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
I'm told Rockets, Heat, Hawks discussing 3-way. Howard to ATL, Horford and Teague to Mia, Dragic and Whteside, Anderson to Hou.

That is a pretty good deal. Makes Miami much better. 2nd best team in the East. Horford and Bosh would be a great pairing. Big improvement over Whiteside. Teague replaces Dragic. Should be a big improvement there.

Atlanta gets a big who wants to stay there long term.

Houston gets Dragic who should improve considerably once he gets out of Miami. Whiteside is an interesting piece for them to work with long term.

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 02:50:37 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

https://twitter.com/AdamSpolane/status/699303232053510144

Anybody know how reliable this guy, Spolane is?

Also this:

Adam Spolane ‏@AdamSpolane 56m56 minutes ago

Deal is not imminent. Atlanta wants Miami to add Winslow, but I'm told Riley won't trade him

And a little backing off?

Adam Spolane ‏@AdamSpolane 47m47 minutes ago

Just so we're clear, I'm not saying the deal is going to happen, I'm saying it's being discussed. Lots of moving parts

That freezes us out of H and H if it happens. I HATE/LOVE this time of year!!!!
Exactly and Miami gets better  >:(
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 02:53:52 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Let's bring it all together (never going to happen but whatever

ATL gets Howard
Houston gets lee, sully Teague
Clips get horford , young
Boston gets griffin

Add picks as necessary (keep 1 Brooklyn pick at least)

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 02:54:12 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
All I want is to see Houston fall apart. I hate their tv announcers and fans.

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 02:54:24 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1772
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
So Atlanta is giving up Horford and Teague and only getting back Howard? Something else would have to be involved (hence the Winslow mention).

I guess all of these players can be traded without the Celtics' involvement. Apparently we are not the center of the NBA trade universe.

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2016, 02:55:46 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

That is a pretty good deal. Makes Miami much better. 2nd best team in the East. Horford and Bosh would be a great pairing. Big improvement over Whiteside. Teague replaces Dragic. Should be a big improvement there.

Atlanta gets a big who wants to stay there long term.

Houston gets Dragic who should improve considerably once he gets out of Miami. Whiteside is an interesting piece for them to work with long term.

Exactly....which is why I hate it so much...., not only do we get shut out, but ****n Pat Riley lucks out (by weird circumstance, and a confluence of some strange, unique situations).

EDIT: TP to Who and j804.

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2016, 03:00:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2974
All I want is to see Houston fall apart. I hate their tv announcers and fans.

TP ......I never seen a more correct post.