Author Topic: Should we be afraid of KP and Turner next year?  (Read 1927 times)

Re: Should we be afraid of KP and Turner next year?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2016, 01:05:07 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
The Celtics shouldn't be afraid of anything. Once you admit you are afraid, you have lost a key advantage. Don't trade defense for offense!  I like the way is team is evolving into a bunch of tough-minded defenders with just enough offense to get by.

True, but I think we've got a little more than "just enough offense to get by," like say our 2010-2013 teams (though they had a better defense).

We prefer to play a defensive game, but if the opposing team just wants to run up the floor and shoot quickly, we're more than willing to do that, and pretty good at it.  We don't appear to have much trouble scoring 30+ in a quarter.
Not sure that's because we have a ton of offense, perhaps more related to pace and I think the C's are in the top-3 in that category.  When I say offense, I am referring to efficiency and ability to hit big shots at the end of games. Other than IT the team does have a guy like that.

Ah, okay.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 01:25:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Turner and Zinger are on teams with superstars. If they can't get their team that much farther along this year with superstars I don't see that just their improvement in one year is going to make their teams that much better. Color me unconcerned.

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 01:45:08 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Should we be afraid you're gonna start another pointless Myles Turner thread?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2016, 02:12:25 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I will say that the Pacers are really just a competent PG/SG away from being back to the top of the East again.

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2016, 02:17:01 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Turner and Zinger are on teams with superstars. If they can't get their team that much farther along this year with superstars I don't see that just their improvement in one year is going to make their teams that much better. Color me unconcerned.
They are rookie big men. With all respect players like Towns, KP, and Turner will probably make a fairly decent to large leap in their games for the start of next season. No one can know anything for sure but these are talented bigs that are physically maturing.

The Pacers could be very good bc of PG and adding Monta.

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 02:19:40 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Should we be afraid you're gonna start another pointless Myles Turner thread?
This is only the 2nd thread with Turner in 3 months or so. But this is not about us not drafting him, its about getting other posters to share their ideas and figure out if these big men make a leap then what can we do or should we worry.

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2016, 02:22:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The good thing is if all young big guys on other teams turn out to be stars, we are bound to be able to trade for at least one of them at some point, right (due to teams have to many of them)?

Towns >> Porzingis >> Okafor >> Turner. All in different tiers as far as I'm concerned. Teams scouted well in this draft.