Lee, Mickey, Rozier, Hunter,Young, Boston 2016 first

Yes. You have to.
9 (32.1%)
No. That's our whole farm team.
17 (60.7%)
Yes without Rozier.
2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Would you make this trade for Lopez  (Read 2174 times)

Would you make this trade for Lopez
« on: February 13, 2016, 10:34:58 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Hey Let's see how desperate Brooklyn is for young talent. And would our young guys actually make a difference in their record over the next two years?

They stink with Lopez, could the team possibly be better?

Re: Would you make this trade for Lopez
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 10:39:29 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
No. I'd like to try and keep at least one of the Mickey brothers.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 10:41:22 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I voted no, but it's a fair deal. Just don't want Lopez if Horford or Howard are available.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 11:03:04 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
that might make them better in the long run, maybe even next season. Although, our rookies aren't really that good, as Mickey is the only consistent guy when they play in d league

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 11:08:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm not interested in trading for Brook Lopez.

Now, Robin Lopez.  I like him.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 11:31:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No. I'd like to try and keep at least one of the Mickey brothers.

That got a chuckle out of me.  TP.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 11:56:16 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would vote no but not for the reasons in the poll.   I do not trust his feet.   I think all those guys are expendable.

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 12:17:17 AM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
i doubt the nets do this, but i would make the trade. low-risk high reward. the players in the trade dont get minutes like that anyway. lopez provides a serious offensive presence in the post, good size, good defense. last 2 seasons hasnt missed that many games, still in his prime, good efficiency, definitely a top 10 center.

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 12:21:26 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
It's a close call honestly, but I voted no.  Only reason for that is I believe Mickey and Rozier both have a lot of untapped potential, and just haven't had an opportunity to show it yet. 

Both guys are tearing up the D-League, and both guys showed signs of translatable NBA talent both pre-draft, and in the Summer League.

I wouldn't mind giving up on of those guys, but I really fear that giving up both of them could cause is to miss out on a very nice player a year or two down the track...and Lopez' injury history combined with his lengthy and costly contract make me fear regretting it.

I really see Rozier as having Bledsoe 2.0 potential and Mickey as having Ibaka 2.0 potential - and if I had either Bledsoe or Ibaka here right now, I wouldn't trade either of them for Lopez.

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 12:27:14 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
i doubt the nets do this, but i would make the trade. low-risk high reward. the players in the trade dont get minutes like that anyway. lopez provides a serious offensive presence in the post, good size, good defense. last 2 seasons hasnt missed that many games, still in his prime, good efficiency, definitely a top 10 center.

I find it high risk personally.  Lopez is owed $59 million over the next three years and is well known to be made of glass.  All it takes is for him to suffer a major injury right before the Playoffs and his contract becomes dead weight.  That can happen to anybody, but it's a much higher risk for somebody who has a very well known injury history (just ask the Cavs how they went without Love last finals).

If Lopez has one year on his contract maybe I'd take the gamble, see how he fits and helps, then consider extensions.  But being locked in for three years at $20m per year makes him a huge gamble in my eyes.

On the hand keeping the youngsters gives us an opportunity to unexpectedly develop a hidden gem, and if the don't amount to anything their cost to us is low anyway so they would be cheap to buy out, and easy to package off to somebody.

Lopez (at $60M/3) is probably one major injury away from gaining "untradeable" status.   

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 01:13:43 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I went with no. The value's really solid, but I really don't think very much of Lopez.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 07:56:21 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
No - Brook Lopez is not worth 5 good prospects

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 08:03:31 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Honestly I wouldn't trade anyone for Lopez, I think he's a bad fit. We need more athletic bigs not slow unathletic guys.

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2016, 06:25:59 PM »

Offline Bostoncelticsforlife7

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
duplicate
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 06:34:09 PM by Bostoncelticsforlife7 »
Warning: I am a Marucs Smart homer

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2016, 06:33:23 PM »

Offline Bostoncelticsforlife7

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
I voted yes. This trade would not only help us a lot but it will also make the nets worse this year. It does give them a brighter future but I'm ok with it because I only think Rozier has the potential to be an all star. James young I think is a bust although he is still very young, and mickey and hunter are good but they are role players so I don't think they can help brooklyn that much. Also even though that is a lot of young players for our team, we still have the brooklyn pick dallas pick and like 4 first rounders.
Warning: I am a Marucs Smart homer