Author Topic: Kris Dunn - looking legit  (Read 4023 times)

Re: Kris Dunn - looking legit
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2016, 11:07:55 AM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Isn't Dunn a pg? Not thinking that's a need. My choices are brown or bender at three.
a team should never draft based on need or else they continually draft lesser talent. over the long haul, this will hurt the team. if dunn is the bpa then ainge should, and will, take him. rosters shift all the time due to trades, players leaving, injury, whatever.

BPA hasn't really done the Sixers too well lately. Three top-six centers acquired through their own pick or one collected via trade. Meanwhile they've needed players at virtually every other position.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 11:16:09 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am impressed with his passing, he is a good athlete and has great court vision.   I find that he sometimes lets the game to him instead of forcing his will upon the game.  I think he has the tools to be a great defender.   I am concerned about his ability to finish at the rim.  These are things he can improve on, but I do not think he is in the same tier as Ingram or Simmons.   He is in the tier below them.

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 11:19:31 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Isn't Dunn a pg? Not thinking that's a need. My choices are brown or bender at three.
a team should never draft based on need or else they continually draft lesser talent. over the long haul, this will hurt the team. if dunn is the bpa then ainge should, and will, take him. rosters shift all the time due to trades, players leaving, injury, whatever.

BPA hasn't really done the Sixers too well lately. Three top-six centers acquired through their own pick or one collected via trade. Meanwhile they've needed players at virtually every other position.
i am still at a loss as to why a team should draft players with less talent simply because of an immediate roster need. needs shift from season to season. talent doesnt shift as much at all.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2016, 11:19:53 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
If Dunn can play full time SG we can trade AB and get him
IT/Dunn/Smart is a very very good backcourt

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2016, 11:28:10 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
If the Nets pick turns into Dunn, that'd blow.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 11:52:12 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

i am still at a loss as to why a team should draft players with less talent simply because of an immediate roster need. needs shift from season to season. talent doesnt shift as much at all.

New York had a glaring need on the wing and at point and were set at the 4 and 5 but who did they take in the most recent draft... Kristaps Porzingis because he was the BPA. He didn't fit their timeline, they had a more loaded frontcourt than backcourt but they decided to go BPA.

They could have played it safe with Justise Winslow or at least taken a flier on high ceiling guy perceived to be more NBA ready like Emanuel Mudiay but no. They chose Porzingis and jumpstarted their rebuild by a few years taking one of the best players in the draft.

If Danny thinks Dunn is BPA he'd be wrong not too take him. Like hwangjini_1 said taking less talented players for immediate fit is a quick way to end up in mediocrity. We don't want to be watching Kris Dunn in the All Star Game a few years from now and wonder what could have been if we hadn't selected our backup three that never panned out Jaylen Brown(not saying this is how their careers will turn out but this is the kind of scenario that can come with drafting for need over BPA).

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2016, 02:26:35 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'm starting to come around to the idea that Kris Dunn could be a great pick.

Watching him play right now and I'm really impressed with his handle, body control, poise, athletic ability. Not ready to say he can be like Wade but he has a lot of similar strengths and the possibility is there.

Third pick for me is now a toss up between Bender and Dunn.

Dunn looks great to me too. DWade is an interesting upside comp, although if I had to pick a superstar I'd go with Westbrook. Dunn isn't THAT explosive, and his rim finishing is a serious concern. But yeah, we should draft him if he's BPA. I think he pairs well with either Smart or AB, and the fit with IT is awkward but not untenable. It would mean that Rozier and RJ are going to have a tough time cracking the rotation.