Author Topic: According to isaiah thomas, other all stars have asked him about celtics  (Read 6424 times)

Re: According to isaiah thomas, other all stars have asked him about celtics
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 03:37:11 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If we could give minimum value for howard or horford i would be thrilled

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 03:41:16 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
IT is one of the most popular players in the league. Guys all over the league have open admiration and respect for him. Guys around the league also are very abuzz about CBS. Guys on other teams go out of their way to heap praise on Stevens, as well as this Celtics team as a whole. If your a guy like Durant, and your looking for a place where you can create a legacy for yourself, go for chips, and be profoundly admired, you've gotta consider Boston. You put him on this team, plus whatever you can make of that Brooklyn pick, and you've got yourself a team that can make the finals, with plenty of assets left and young guys who can improve.

Pipe dream? Maybe. But were as well set up for FA as almost anyone else, and this team is gaining some real buzz around the league. Popular guy like IT can only help on that front.

TP for you. Great post. My thoughts exactly.

I'd also include Ainge in there. Honest with his players, and direct. Well respected around the league IMO.

With Stevens being a heckuva coach, and a players coach to boot, that will grab some free agent attention & then some. Not many bad apples on this team as well. IT4 was a great pickup, because he helps on the floor & off of it.

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 03:51:05 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
He was talked to by Kobe Bryant, Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook, and Chris Paul.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 03:52:36 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Marc D'Amico tweet:

I will say this about #IsaiahThomas and recruiting: every player in the @NBA seems to love that dude. He's a valuable recruiter.

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 04:20:47 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
IT is one of the most popular players in the league. Guys all over the league have open admiration and respect for him. Guys around the league also are very abuzz about CBS. Guys on other teams go out of their way to heap praise on Stevens, as well as this Celtics team as a whole. If your a guy like Durant, and your looking for a place where you can create a legacy for yourself, go for chips, and be profoundly admired, you've gotta consider Boston. You put him on this team, plus whatever you can make of that Brooklyn pick, and you've got yourself a team that can make the finals, with plenty of assets left and young guys who can improve.

Pipe dream? Maybe. But were as well set up for FA as almost anyone else, and this team is gaining some real buzz around the league. Popular guy like IT can only help on that front.

I'd also include Ainge in there. Honest with his players, and direct. Well respected around the league IMO.

With Stevens being a heckuva coach, and a players coach to boot, that will grab some free agent attention & then some. Not many bad apples on this team as well. IT4 was a great pickup, because he helps on the floor & off of it.
Agree. Every real basketball player should consider Boston in the offseason (of course free agent players) as a great place. Screw that stupid thing with the weather, you're not playing outside for JC sake... I really don't understand it, still, because you have greatest nba franchise, you have great city and better fans, you have probably future HOF coach, young and promissing players, s classy ownership and hell of a gm. What do you want more???

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 04:26:22 PM »

Offline notthebowler

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 27
What about the possibility of it being Derozen?  They were both at Friday night's festivities.

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 04:35:07 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Agree. Every real basketball player should consider Boston in the offseason (of course free agent players) as a great place. Screw that stupid thing with the weather, you're not playing outside for JC sake... I really don't understand it, still, because you have greatest nba franchise, you have great city and better fans, you have probably future HOF coach, young and promissing players, s classy ownership and hell of a gm. What do you want more???

The Celtics shouldn't try to recruit free agents who care too much about the weather or nightlife, even if they are stars.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 04:35:53 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

TP we can hope

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 05:04:45 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

The Celtics shouldn't try to recruit free agents who care too much about the weather or nightlife, even if they are stars.

The Celtics shouldn't avoid going for a player that can help the team just because he cares about weather or nightlife
I'm bitter.

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2016, 02:41:56 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Where there's smoke... It certainly does look like there is at least some interest in Horford in playing in Boston, and this looks like the two sides have at least talked about this possibility.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/watch-isaiah-thomas-joking-al-horford

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2016, 03:18:57 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Where there's smoke... It certainly does look like there is at least some interest in Horford in playing in Boston, and this looks like the two sides have at least talked about this possibility.

I hope I'm wrong but if we do get Horford just don't see him making us THAT much more better or being able to attract other stars
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2016, 04:18:13 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

I hope I'm wrong but if we do get Horford just don't see him making us THAT much more better or being able to attract other stars

Why's that so? You think that Amir, Zeler and Sully are his level or what? Just one thing to mention is enough: he's an All-star.

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2016, 05:33:33 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I think we shouldn't be to greedy.

Al Horford is an All star and he would make this team better do doubt.

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2016, 10:01:26 AM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18

I think weather and nightlife are overrated. Players spend so much time in other cities to satisfy the nightlife desire and the season flies by. I feel like they get what they want during the off-season no matter where they play during the season, a la MIL signing Monroe over LAL and NYK. 
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2016, 11:08:40 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Horford would be a huge upgrade.  A true 5 in his prime to solidify our lineup who can both score, defend, and rebound.

The only catch would be the "price."  If we can move a package, where we keep our core, but move a few high potential guys and say our 1st round pick and another 1st, could be worth it.
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/2/15/11009090/nba-trade-rumors-2016-al-horford-hawks