Author Topic: Kevin Love isn't special anymore  (Read 7896 times)

Re: Kevin Love isn't special anymore
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2016, 01:26:04 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
The Celtics have the 3rd overall best defense with a bunch of slop playing at PF/C. Are people seriously trying to say that the C's would be that more worse off with Love than what we have now? Cleveland is a top 10 defense with Love. While Love might not be a great individual defender, it doesn't mean that our entire defense is going to somehow crumble should he come to Boston. He's a massive upgrade offensively/skills wise over anyone on our roster at that position. He's also 27 years old and locked up for the next 4 years. He's the type of player we need to be looking to add.

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2016, 01:37:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
We need Smart and Crowders defense if Love is in the line up.

I d like to see Nerlins and Love join Crowder , Smart and IT.

To continue the defensive pressure must retain Smart and Crowder .

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2016, 02:09:01 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Agree that he didn't have great last season including current season... but the thing is we know why it was. It was because of injury and because he had to adapt to lebron style of bball.
C'mon, what are we talking about. The guy can ball period. Only thing with him is his health, If he can stay healthy he would be huuuuge upgrade over any of our PF's. If DA can get him for Lee + filler + non BKN 2016 pick, he should do it.
Cleveland knows the project didn't work as planned, lbj is nervous and impatient, so if they don't trade him by the deadline they will do it in the summer (when GM Griffin will be fired...).

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2016, 02:12:03 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
The Celtics have the 3rd overall best defense with a bunch of slop playing at PF/C. Are people seriously trying to say that the C's would be that more worse off with Love than what we have now? Cleveland is a top 10 defense with Love. While Love might not be a great individual defender, it doesn't mean that our entire defense is going to somehow crumble should he come to Boston. He's a massive upgrade offensively/skills wise over anyone on our roster at that position. He's also 27 years old and locked up for the next 4 years. He's the type of player we need to be looking to add.

You're underrating the hell out of Sully and Johnson's defense if you seriously think our defense would be comparable if Love was getting 35 minutes instead.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2016, 02:17:24 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

You're underrating the hell out of Sully and Johnson's defense if you seriously think our defense would be comparable if Love was getting 35 minutes instead.

AJ is above average defender but Sully is average at best. He has the IQ but the footwork and bounce is simply not there. So, yeah, I would say that our defense would not suffer anything if you insert K Love instead of Sully.

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2016, 02:20:27 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I used to think this way but have come around to the fact that in this system he'd probably thrive. A stretch 4 with elite 3 pt shooting and a post game he's basically built for Stevens. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he averaged 25 and 12 here. He just isn't a good fit on the Cavs.

Now his mentality is a whole different question which is why in any Love trade you need to keep IT, Smart, and Crowder. Those guys will ensure that Love plays hard night in night out.

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2016, 02:41:11 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I don't know ... he's averaging 16 and 10 as a third fiddle ... I'd like to give him the chance to show whether he's still special.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2016, 02:49:08 PM »

Offline passesofftodj

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
We need Smart and Crowders defense if Love is in the line up.

I d like to see Nerlins and Love join Crowder , Smart and IT.

To continue the defensive pressure must retain Smart and Crowder .

TP.  I would LOVE that lineup.  Can we add Ben Simmons to it? 

Horford would be a significantly worse investment than Love in my opinion.  This team needs a scorer who can rebound, which in this system Love would THRIVE as. 

Kevin's d isn't great but it is not as bad as people are making it out to be according to analytics.

Anyone who wants Howard instead is just being silly.

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2016, 03:26:06 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

I think people overrate Sullinger. He's an average player. I believe the defense would fairly comparable to what it is now with Love.

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2016, 03:30:03 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
We don't really stack up to those teams that have multiple stars.  We have a lot of good players and play really well though.  Sullinger is a good player. He could still have a role here but debateable between Sully and KO.  Both are pretty equal as far as I see it.

Horford is a really good player too.  Kind of boring between Love and Horford.  Add Dwight to that and it could be interesting.  I just like the idea of getting Kevin Love and finding other pieces. I'm not sold on these other guys.  Love is tied to Cleveland right now though which is kind of a distraction.  Kevin Love and keeping Sully and KO would probably be good.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 03:36:25 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2016, 03:31:05 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
His position is power forward (not fair to compare him to small forwards),  so top 5 power forwards:
1- Anthony Davis
2- Blake Griffin
3- Karl Anthony Towns (unreal potential)
4- LaMarcus Aldridge
5- Kevin Love

So he's still top five in his position, plus he's the best rebounder in the bunch,  best passer, best shooter and arguably the best scorer. The guy just needs a system that doesn't use him as Ryan Anderson.
That last line says it all

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2016, 03:37:46 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I think all those guys are debateable.  Love is right there with guys like Griffin and Aldridge.  Or Towns for that matter. He rates about where Marc Gasol does as far as centers.  He's really good.  Probably better than that.

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2016, 03:43:03 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Finally, I challenge ANYONE here to find me a KEVIN that has worn GREEN that has NOT produced or helped us to WIN. ;D

KEVIN McHale.

KEVIN Garnett.

Heck, even Kevin Gamble played well for us in the 80's, lol.

I'd like KEVIN Love to be added to the KEVIN's that have helped BOS win.

Kevin Pritchard
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2016, 03:43:18 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Love is great i think we underestimate him... smart is not showing his full potential because thomas and bradley are taking so many shots.. thomas was not showing his full potential with the suns because of all their guards... harden showed his best when he left the thunder
With lebron and irving in a team you cannot be the firat attacking option...
He is an upgrate over every tall guy we have

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2016, 03:45:36 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If we could get howard next to love it would make us contenters at once