Author Topic: Kevin Love isn't special anymore  (Read 7914 times)

Re: Kevin Love isn't special anymore
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 12:37:11 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Well, if Love takes a Brooklyn pick, I'd much rather go for Horford or Howard without giving up the pick. I think he's better than both, but not by as much as Cleveland would like to believe in a trade.

Accounting for defense and versatility, I'd take Horford straight up over Love.

Except Horford is 30 and probably wants a max deal and is no way worth that $, and Love is younger and already signed, big difference there.

I'd rather have the better player. Love has shown no ability to improve.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 12:38:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Yes he is.

I'd place him among the top 3 or 4 PF's in the league, and in my top 10-12 players in the league.

Not his fault if Lebron/Kyrie/Coach Blatt/Coach Lue - haven't figured out how to use him.

If Danny/CBS gets THEIR hands on him, he'll explode. I truly believe that.

Is there any way to hide him covering the P&R? His defense is atrocious.

True, I agree with you about his defense.

But I think he's willing to get better in that area AND CBS would help him get there.

See, that's my issue. He's never shown any willingness to improve his D. That's not a coaching issue, that's an effort / attitude issue

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 12:45:10 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Well, if Love takes a Brooklyn pick, I'd much rather go for Horford or Howard without giving up the pick. I think he's better than both, but not by as much as Cleveland would like to believe in a trade.
+1

I'd only deal Nets pick for a single player if he is a top 10 player such as Cousins or Griffin. Harden, Davis, LeBron, Curry, PG, Lenard, Westbrook, and Durant are clearly not available.

I'd do a package deal for Hayward and Favors for 2016 Nets pick, Dallas pick, C's 2016 pick and 2018 Nets pick. Just add AJ and Lee as the players going back. Think trade machine says it makes team a +12.

IT/Smart/Rozier
Hayward/AB/Hunter
Crowder/Turner/Young
KO/Sully/JJ
Favors/Zeller/Mickey

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 12:48:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Yes he is.

I'd place him among the top 3 or 4 PF's in the league, and in my top 10-12 players in the league.

Not his fault if Lebron/Kyrie/Coach Blatt/Coach Lue - haven't figured out how to use him.

But I think he's willing to get better in that area AND CBS would help him get there.

See, that's my issue. He's never shown any willingness to improve his D. That's not a coaching issue, that's an effort / attitude issue

Can't deny that.

But BOS was reportedly his SECOND option just a few months ago. He knows what BOS and CBS is about.

I'm sure he knows he'd have to commit more defensively IF he gets to BOS. Couple that with our environment, the players here already (Marcus, Jae, Amir, AB, IT) and he'd already have a GREAT defense around him.

"IF" he gets to BOS soon, he'd already have perhaps his BEST defensive environment EVER. I "know" he'd get better.

If IT4 could get better defensively here (which he has) then I KNOW KLove would. Your environment helps tremendously in that area.

KLove is not a lost cause defensively, and Danny/CBS would prove that.

If Woj stated recently that Danny still covets KLove, then there must be a reason for it. :)

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 12:49:24 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston

So you want to pay Horford $23 million when he's 33 and 34 years old. That's a mistake that will hurt this roster moving forward. The difference between the 2 players isn't so great where you say "Gotta get Horford".

Except Horford is 30 and probably wants a max deal and is no way worth that $, and Love is younger and already signed, big difference there.

I'd rather have the better player. Love has shown no ability to improve.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 12:51:47 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Finally, I challenge ANYONE here to find me a KEVIN that has worn GREEN that has NOT produced or helped us to WIN. ;D

KEVIN McHale.

KEVIN Garnett.

Heck, even Kevin Gamble played well for us in the 80's, lol.

I'd like KEVIN Love to be added to the KEVIN's that have helped BOS win.

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 12:55:25 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Yes he is.

I agree with Roy.  I mean a breakthrough could still happen but you think it would in Cleveland already.  It has with other players when the stakes get large and they're with other defenders on the floor.  I think Pierce got a lot better for example.

I think we do have defenders to hide a player like that.  But still I think it's an issue for me as well.  It says something about the player deep down.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 01:01:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Finally, I challenge ANYONE here to find me a KEVIN that has worn GREEN that has NOT produced or helped us to WIN. ;D

KEVIN McHale.

KEVIN Garnett.

Kevinn Pinkney?

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 01:06:40 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

KEVIN McHale.

KEVIN Garnett.

Kevinn Pinkney?

Wait that's not fair, lol.

2006-07 was a HORRIBLE year. I'd soon erase that year from my memory.

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 01:07:56 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
He's still special, he's just on a team not using him properly. Although, defensively, yes, he's not special at all.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 01:12:44 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

KEVIN McHale.

KEVIN Garnett.

Kevinn Pinkney?

Has two n's. Doesn't count.  :)

How about Kevin Gamble aka the last guy to wear #34 before the Truth?

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2016, 01:13:01 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
For me its all about the price tag.

Kevin Love will improve this team but what will it cost us?

I dont see the Cavaliers giving him up for David Lee, Picks and Pieces of salary filler. It will cost Sullinger, picks, and a lot more IMO. Do we give up Avery, Crowder or Smart? Thats more than we can afford to give up. Who is going to play Center next to him and cover for his defensive issues? Olynyk? Zeller?  Amir?

If its Amir and Jerebko with a couple future number ones then maybe. I dont think that gets it done.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2016, 01:14:08 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Kevin Love was a statistical monster in Minnesota.  If he gets us a title here he'd be comparable to Pierce.  He's been a top 5 player statistically in the league and even as high as top 3.  He's probably in the top 20 or 30 players right now.   He'd be a top 10 player here I would hope.

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2016, 01:21:36 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

I largely agree.  Though if Ainge is of the mind that we need another elite scorer to be a contender, Love certainly fits that bill more than Horford. 

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2016, 01:24:33 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Yes he is.

I third the defense.

I'm sure he's willing to work with Brad to get better on D, whether he'll actually get better, is a different story.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale