Author Topic: Toxic players  (Read 7079 times)

Re: Toxic players
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2016, 03:06:23 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I'm not sure I'd consider nearly half the guys on the OP's list to be "toxic".
This, the list is stupid
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2016, 03:20:33 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Stop trying to spin it.

The person who has completely fabricated words that I never said twice in their last two posts, just so they can make some big uproar of an argument about how Westbrook always gives 100% effort, is accusing me of trying to spin things.  Makes sense.

But since you brought it up, I'll play.  Does Westbrook always give 100% effort when slashing to the basket, or say going after a rebound/loose ball?  Absolutely.

But watch Westbrook for even 1 game, and you'll likely see instances where he argues with an official instead of sprinting back on defense.  DMC does it, Melo does it, LeBron does it, Harden does it, several star players are "divas" like that.  He certainly doesn't show the constant-effort mentality of a Jae Crowder, Kawahi Leonard, Kevin Garnett, etc.  Never seen those guys talk to a ref instead of sprinting back.  His on court attitude is closer to a LeBron or Allen Iverson.  He'll whine/complain to officials all night long if he's not getting his way, as if he's God's gift.

Again, that doesn't mean Westbrook and LeBron aren't top players, or that I wouldn't like them on my team.  Please don't flip out on me again for not showing unequivocal love towards your man-crush.

As for the whole clothes thing, I don't necessarily find it a coincidence that lots of people who wear that outlandish or rebellious style of clothing (for example LeBron, Kanye West, Flavor Flav) also happen to be egotistical and think they're God's gift.  They're dressing that way to draw attention, because they always need to feed their large ego.  And my saying that Westbrook could POSSIBLY be a punk or have a less than upstanding personality, was obviously WAY more predicated on the interviews I've seen of him than it was on his clothing.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2016, 03:23:29 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

Stop trying to spin it.

The person who has completely fabricated words that I never said twice in their last two posts, just so they can make some big uproar of an argument about how Westbrook always gives 100% effort, is accusing me of trying to spin things.  Makes sense.

But since you brought it up, I'll play.  Does Westbrook always give 100% effort when slashing to the basket, or say going after a rebound/loose ball?  Absolutely.

But watch Westbrook for even 1 game, and you'll likely see instances where he argues with an official instead of sprinting back on defense.  DMC does it, Melo does it, LeBron does it, Harden does it, several star players are "divas" like that.  He certainly doesn't show the constant-effort mentality of a Jae Crowder, Kawahi Leonard, Kevin Garnett, etc.  Never seen those guys talk to a ref instead of sprinting back.  His on court attitude is closer to a LeBron or Allen Iverson.  He'll whine/complain to officials all night long if he's not getting his way, as if he's God's gift.

Again, that doesn't mean Westbrook and LeBron aren't top players, or that I wouldn't like them on my team.  But please don't flip out on me again for not showing unequivocal love towards your man-crush.

As for the whole clothes thing, I don't necessarily find it a coincidence that lots of people who wear that outlandish or rebellious style of clothing (for example LeBron, Kanye West, Flavor Flav) also happen to be egotistical and think they're God's gift.  They're dressing that way to draw attention, because they always need to feed their large ego.  And my saying that Westbrook could POSSIBLY be a punk or have a less than upstanding personality, was obviously WAY more predicated on the interviews I've seen of him than it was on his clothing.
Keep spinning. Are we going to criticize Smart's hairdo next and say he's a punk?

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2016, 03:37:26 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
I'm so glad to have entered a debate with a person whose idea of refuting points and making their argument, is just to repeatedly state the other person is "spinning."

What exactly is there even to spin here?

I'm not telling a story about Harden.

All I've done is give my opinion.  How can you spin your personal opinion at people?  You already know it's just my opinion, I'm obviously not trying to "fool" anybody into agreeing with it.  You spin facts, not opinions.
Philly:

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2016, 03:39:57 PM »

Offline passesofftodj

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
- LBJ - don't feel the need to elaborate - hate him even more after Blatt scandal.
- Melo - don't feel the need to elaborate - he's all about Melo brand
- CP3 - great player who just doesn't win when it counts (he had pretty good teams). he's very sneaky and mean, great flopper (did you watch our last game against them? oh my god, if I was there I would smack him in the face... HE AND BG WILL NEVER WIN C'SHIP TOGETHER.
- Wade - any real C's fan hate his guts. A poser and real fake tough guy. But great player, you can't take that out of him.
- JR Smith - headcase
- Harden - he lost me in the finals against the Heat when he disappeared somewhere in south beach partying...
- Whiteside - great potential which someone will overpay in the offseason. Hope we are not that team. I see Larry Sanders in him.
- Blake Griffin - fake tough guy, no real leader, very childish...
- Markief Morris - headcase
- Lance - headcase
- DMC - great player with the teenage brain...
- Westbrook - said it before
- Gay - talent is there he just doesn't care...

Pretty much how I feel, TP. 

Westbrook is an amazing athlete with an incredible motor but I cannot stand the guy's game.  I like real pg's and basketball players.  He doesn't make his team better when it counts and there have been too many games like the Warriors game where they just go hero ball and lose at the end. 

Also, Westbrook dresses like a prep not a punk.

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2016, 03:46:14 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I'm so glad to have entered a debate with a person whose idea of refuting points and making their argument, is just to repeatedly state the other person is "spinning."

All I've done is give my opinion.  How can you spin your personal opinion at people?  You already know it's just my opinion, I'm obviously not trying to "fool" anybody into agreeing with it.  You spin facts, not opinions.
Youre not even making sense anymore.

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2016, 03:50:04 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
He doesn't dress prep at all.

He dresses hipster.

It's a COUNTER-culture thing.  Going against the grain.  Rebellious.  Unconventional.  That's the definition of punk.

The people who dressed unconventionally with leather jackets, long hair, piercings, tattoos, etc., they were punks.

That's all become common or accepted nowadays, so people rebel with clothing in a different manner.

Again, I didn't call him a punk due to his clothing, it was due to how he talks/carries himself in interviews.
Philly:

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2016, 03:51:54 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald

Trust me, your inability to make sense of and comprehend other peoples' posts is well documented in this thread.
Philly:

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2016, 04:00:43 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Trust me, your inability to make sense of and comprehend other peoples' posts is well documented in this thread.
lets see. You say the clothes Westbrook wears makes him a punk. I say he's not a punk on the court. You get bent out of shape and then say well I think he's a punk on the court anyways. I argue he's not and that you're confusing a player who has flare ups because he's passionate and wants to win. Then you try to spin it that you never said much of anything by saying a whole lot more about nothing.

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2016, 04:04:10 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
Not exactly what part you don't understand.  Spin means bias.  Opinions are inherently biased, and inherently have spin.  Putting "spin" on your own personal opinion is either impossible or a waste of time because your own personal bias is already written all over your opinions....
Philly:

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2016, 04:06:10 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald

lets see. You say the clothes Westbrook wears makes him a punk. I say he's not a punk on the court. You get bent out of shape and then say well I think he's a punk on the court anyways. I argue he's not and that you're confusing a player who has flare ups because he's passionate and wants to win. Then you try to spin it that you never said much of anything by saying a whole lot more about nothing.

What the heck?  Do you read?

Boy, that's sure some revisionist history there.
Philly:

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2016, 04:08:46 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
One thing about Westbrook I forgot to mention. Take look at the Blazers, before the season started everybody, including myself, counted them out and ranked them probably dead last along with the lakers in the west. Of course, western conf is not what it used to be, but look at that team and how they play. Ok, they are well coached but they are young, very young, and there are some pieces that other teams didn't want. And look how they play, how they are playing team basketball. My point is, Lillard is not an all star this year but put Westbrook in there instead of Lillard and I don't think they play that way and that well. Russ would probably averaging 35 points but they would beat no one.
Just saying my opinion fellas, no need to get affended lol

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2016, 04:17:04 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Not exactly what part you don't understand.  Spin means bias.  Opinions are inherently biased, and inherently have spin.  Putting "spin" on your own personal opinion is either impossible or a waste of time because your own personal bias is already written all over your opinions....
SMH. I think you took one too many spins around the block sir.

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2016, 04:17:23 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
No where in any of my posts will you see anything close to "the clothes Westbrook wears makes him a punk."

That's what you call a fact, not an opinion.

Why are you blatantly putting words in my mouth over and over again?  I can prove it by showing you my original post if you want.

It said I'm going to reserve judgement on Westbrook's personality because it I don't know enough about him, but it SEEMS (my opinion) like he's KIND OF a punk.  I mentioned his clothes were a factor, AND I mentioned the interviews I've seen of him were a factor (obviously a much bigger one than his clothes), AND FUTHERMORE I mentioned a specific interview where he was dissing Smart because Smart outplayed him.

So I'm not sure how all that got past you.

Actually, I'm not sure whether Westbrook has a high quality personality or not, I don't know enough about him.

Though, given how he dresses and the few interviews I've seen, he kinda seems like a punk (when we beat OKC he basically dissed Smart for no reason).
Philly:

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2016, 04:21:48 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
SMH. I think you took one too many spins around the block sir.

I think if you just keep saying that again and again instead of actually refuting the points I'm making, you'll convince a lot more people.

This makes the 3rd time.
Philly: