Author Topic: Cavs, Knicks ,C's blockbuster in the works?(NY Daily News)  (Read 37141 times)

Re: Cavs, Knicks ,C's blockbuster in the works?(NY Daily News)
« Reply #180 on: February 13, 2016, 06:33:33 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
If Melo is stubborn about staying in NY, then could the solution be as simple as this trade plus Brooklyn 2016 goes to Atlanta: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jt2crhb

Then the Cavs would have TT, Mozgov, Horford, and Verajo? Talk about log jam.

« Reply #181 on: February 13, 2016, 06:50:05 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
If Melo is stubborn about staying in NY, then could the solution be as simple as this trade plus Brooklyn 2016 goes to Atlanta: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jt2crhb

Then the Cavs would have TT, Mozgov, Horford, and Verajo? Talk about log jam.
I would think that their starting lineup would have Horford at the 4. During the game I would also suspect that he would get some time at the 5 in a small ball frontline with James and Korver.

« Reply #182 on: February 13, 2016, 07:03:09 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I said it before and I will say it again.  Danny Ainge is NOT facilitating a Melo-to-Cleveland deal, and giving up the 2016 nets pick, just to get Kevin Love.  This is NOT HAPPENING.

« Reply #183 on: February 13, 2016, 07:22:27 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I said it before and I will say it again.  Danny Ainge is NOT facilitating a Melo-to-Cleveland deal, and giving up the 2016 nets pick, just to get Kevin Love.  This is NOT HAPPENING.

He facilitated Kevin Love getting to Cleveland though...
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #184 on: February 13, 2016, 07:22:48 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Giving up the 2016 Nets pick for Love would undo all of the great things Ainge he's done these past few years.

Given the amount of potential in that pick, and the amount of risk in Love, that trade would have a reasonably high probability of going down in the history as one of the worst trades ever made. 

Re: Cavs GM Lebron James: Love to Boston Rumors 'False'
« Reply #185 on: February 13, 2016, 07:28:23 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Yup.  That did it.  The GM has spoken.  It's not happening.  Personally, I'd rather focus on getting someone like Horford or Boogie anyways.

Is he supposed to say "yes" in that situation? No, that's legitimately the only thing he really could say.

Or he could say he doesn't know, has nothing to do with it and they should ask Griffin, but I guess that wouldn't be honest as it is his decision and Griffin his really his assistant.

It is silly to put ANY trust in any words that come out of Lebron's mouth.

Do you remember the time when he said he loved Cleveland, and it was his home, and he wanted to spend his career there...and then signed with Miami with a giant parade?

Do you remember the time he gushed about how much he loved Miami, then left them to go bacl to Cleveland? 

This guy has all the credibility of a scam artists who sells tells you "you've won a free holiday and all you need to do is send us $300 deposit - we'll give it back to you, promise!!".

When it comes to words comes to Lebron speaking, you should apply the same rules that you would apply to Dwight Howard - don't listen to a word he says.

Re: Cavs GM Lebron James: Love to Boston Rumors 'False'
« Reply #186 on: February 13, 2016, 07:38:52 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Yup.  That did it.  The GM has spoken.  It's not happening.  Personally, I'd rather focus on getting someone like Horford or Boogie anyways.

Is he supposed to say "yes" in that situation? No, that's legitimately the only thing he really could say.

Or he could say he doesn't know, has nothing to do with it and they should ask Griffin, but I guess that wouldn't be honest as it is his decision and Griffin his really his assistant.

It is silly to put ANY trust in any words that come out of Lebron's mouth.

Do you remember the time when he said he loved Cleveland, and it was his home, and he wanted to spend his career there...and then signed with Miami with a giant parade?

Do you remember the time he gushed about how much he loved Miami, then left them to go bacl to Cleveland? 

This guy has all the credibility of a scam artists who sells tells you "you've won a free holiday and all you need to do is send us $300 deposit - we'll give it back to you, promise!!".

When it comes to words comes to Lebron speaking, you should apply the same rules that you would apply to Dwight Howard - don't listen to a word he says.

That reminds me of when he went back to Cleveland and wrote a letter explaining himself. He talked about how it was a young team, he looked forward to being a mentor, and it would be difficult and take time to contend.  I was impressed.  And then he ordered the young guys off the team for proven vets.  That organization would be so much better off long term if he hadn't and might even be better now.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 07:50:17 PM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #187 on: February 13, 2016, 07:53:39 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I can't remember the specifics there, but Danny did facilitate Lebron to Cleveland.  So long as the Celtics do well, I don't think he cares all that much about who else gets helped.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #188 on: February 13, 2016, 07:58:34 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I can't remember the specifics there, but Danny did facilitate Lebron to Cleveland.  So long as the Celtics do well, I don't think he cares all that much about who else gets helped.

Yeah, Danny got flak from it. What many still fail to understand, that there were other teams capable of facilitating LeBron going to Cleveland, so the end game would've been the same, we just were the ones that got the side benefits instead of another team.

I don't think it's quite the same in this scenario as the scenario is much more complex.

This is the trade I think is being referred:
http://nesn.com/2014/07/celtics-complete-three-team-trade-add-marcus-thornton-tyler-zeller-draft-pick/

« Reply #189 on: February 13, 2016, 08:05:50 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

We got Isaiah Thomas by using a player and a draft pick we got for facilitating Lebron going to Cleveland. Anyone who gave Danny flack for that has since looked extremely foolish.

Danny only cares about making the Celtics better and Kevin love absolutely does that.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #190 on: February 13, 2016, 08:32:45 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Giving up the 2016 Nets pick for Love would undo all of the great things Ainge he's done these past few years.

Given the amount of potential in that pick, and the amount of risk in Love, that trade would have a reasonably high probability of going down in the history as one of the worst trades ever made.

Thats 2016 pick is a win loose for DA. Rigtht now it's looking like it's going to be pick 4 or 5. PHX is bad and going down fast, Minni is fading and Net won 2 out of the last 5 which is not good when you need them to be bad enough for a top 2. And thats were the appeal of the draft starts to get blurry or fade.

Dunn is a nice player, but we have IT,Smart,Rozier. Unless DA is going to trade our best defensive Pg or our All Star, makes no sense. Bender wont be here next year from the sound of it, so wast of pick when you need players to make a run.

So if it falls out of the top 2 and DA makes the trade, he looks good. If it brings Durant in, genius!

He doesn't make the trade and they get Simmons or Ingram, great move not making a move.

BUT, he makes the trade and the NY gets the #1, horrible trade! Danny should get fired, worst GM ever.

It's not a fun position to be in. And something to consider is Stevens contract is up in two year I believe. If DA can't give him a winning team to coach, does Stevens stay?  So he might need to start building the win now team, Love could be the Allen piece to get an other player to come over. might not, but some times you have to make that move.

Now I'd rather have the 2016 or 2017 pick and see were they are at the end of the seasons. I'd rather throw NY Lee,Sully,Young, Bos 2016,2017. We are helping them out, shouldn't cost too much.

That being said, I also really like Valentine, which he's near the Dallas pick. If we could snag him with that pick, makes a #3-5 pick easier to give up.

« Reply #191 on: February 13, 2016, 08:54:50 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Adam Himmelsbach: Re: Kevin Love. League source says the Cavs have been shopping him around, but that the asking price is very high. – via Twitter AdamHimmelsbach
Correction. Lebron is shopping him around.

HAHA   You got it,,,

« Reply #192 on: February 13, 2016, 08:56:18 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

Okay Sherrod

« Reply #193 on: February 13, 2016, 08:58:05 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Thing is with the nets pick
It's not a guarantee that it falls or goes 5 or below
We could end up winning the lottery and getting a no 1 pick,2 or 3 pick

The talent drops off after Simmons and Ingram
Bug I feel like the nets will probably be only 4 or 5
Philly, LA, Phoenix seem definitely worst than nets who at least have brook Lopez, young and joe Johnson to win them games
Phoenix is possibly the worst team as they've gone on this multiple game losing streak after losing Bledsoe

« Reply #194 on: February 13, 2016, 09:20:56 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

That's pretty harsh Crim.
The Nets are likely going to finish with the 4th worst record. The pick could be # 6 or #7.

Once that pick is gone, we lose most of our ability to trade for a player of Love's caliber.

It's a gamble both ways- and the bigger gamble is holding out for Simmons or Ingram, and then waiting/hoping for them to turn into a top 10 player.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.