Author Topic: Cavs, Knicks ,C's blockbuster in the works?(NY Daily News)  (Read 36974 times)

Re: Cavs GM Lebron James: Love to Boston Rumors 'False'
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2016, 02:57:16 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Yup.  That did it.  The GM has spoken.  It's not happening.  Personally, I'd rather focus on getting someone like Horford or Boogie anyways.

Is he supposed to say "yes" in that situation? No, that's legitimately the only thing he really could say.

Or he could say he doesn't know, has nothing to do with it and they should ask Griffin, but I guess that wouldn't be honest as it is his decision and Griffin his really his assistant.

« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2016, 03:00:51 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Yup.  That did it.  The GM has spoken.  It's not happening.  Personally, I'd rather focus on getting someone like Horford or Boogie anyways.

Not saying it's going to happen, but GM's aren't going to say a trade is happening until it' agreed on. It tosses any leverage any team has in the deal. Plus they're trying not to upstage the All Star game and let the players have some fun for a few days.

This trade officially isn't happening if it's Thursday after the deadline and there is no trade. Until then it's on like Donkey Kong!

« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2016, 03:05:07 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
I don't think I've EVER heard anyone admit that they were shopping a player to a particular team. I mean, imagine if Lebron had said "yeah, we're trying to get Bradley and Melo for Love, maybe one of the Brooklyn picks if we're lucky, but the Celtics and Knicks are still thinking about it. Hopefully they'll get back to us soon." And then the trade doesn't happen. That'd be really awkward.
- LilRip

« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2016, 03:08:00 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Well he also said it time and time again that Blatt is his coach and he's in charge, right?

« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2016, 03:11:05 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I don't think I've EVER heard anyone admit that they were shopping a player to a particular team. I mean, imagine if Lebron had said "yeah, we're trying to get Bradley and Melo for Love, maybe one of the Brooklyn picks if we're lucky, but the Celtics and Knicks are still thinking about it. Hopefully they'll get back to us soon." And then the trade doesn't happen. That'd be really awkward.

Like Knuckleballer said, he could've said he doesn't know; that that is not his job, or something along that line.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2016, 03:12:35 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Well he also said it time and time again that Blatt is his coach and he's in charge, right?
lol the Lebron hate never ends.

Re: Cavs, Knicks ,C's blockbuster in the works?(NY Daily News)
« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2016, 03:16:10 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
IT-Smart-Crowder-Love-Dwight, with KO, Turner, Amir, and whatever back up guard we get in the trade off the bench.

That looks like an Eastern Conference champ to me.

Trades are as follows:
1. Lee-Jerebko-DAL pick-BOS pick for Howard and filler
2. Bradley-Sully-one of the BKN picks for Love and filler

I know DA wants to retain flexibility to go after Durant, but I really have a hard time seeing KD move, especially since the Thunder have Russell Westbrook and are still contenders.

KO makes more sense for cle to take Love's  role on offense, spacing the floor.

Bos sends:Amir,KO, Bradley, 2016 c's pick
Cle sends:Love

Bos sends: Lee,Jerebko, Nets 2017or 18, Dallas, some 2nds   
Hou Sends: Howard

IT           / Rozier
Smart     / Young
Jae         / Turner
Love      / Sully
Dwight   /Zeller

git er done Danny!       

« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2016, 03:16:45 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

Like Knuckleballer said, he could've said he doesn't know; that that is not his job, or something along that line.

Why sow seeds of doubt in the locker room by telling a weak lie when you can just outright lie? There's a bigger benefit to saying "we're not trading him" to the media than saying "well I dunno".
- LilRip

« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2016, 04:07:46 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
You know, I can see a scenario in separate deals or one big one I guess where Howard comes to Boston and Amir and Jerebko go to Houston with the Dallas 1st.  Then Lee and Bradley go to Cleveland for Love with the Celtic's 1st this year, Memphis' pick, and 2 seconds.

Houston unloads Dwight.  Gets all expiring or non guaranteed salaries back.  The Cavs dump salary too, but get back a great defender to match up with Golden State, some draft picks, and losing Love won't really matter against the GSW. 

Boston revamps it's frontline while still having a really strong team around them and bench.  All of a sudden they are a dominant rebounding club if Sully plays with Love and KO plays with Howard.  Sully and Love can take turns stretching the paint for one another.  KO can stretch it for Howard who he can also pass to.  BTW, KO is outstanding passing hi/low and I think Howard might get back to being dominant.

« Reply #174 on: February 13, 2016, 04:24:51 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Gotta love the trade deadline week ;D...but I doubt u see any major trades at all
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2016, 04:25:19 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
This should happen this deadline.  Why wait until the offseason?  Isn't KLove getting a bit antsy too and want to be a part of something?

« Reply #176 on: February 13, 2016, 04:52:49 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
This makes lots of sense for NYK and us. Bron Bron is in full self-destructive mode.

I explain. Jackson wants salary cap for the summer's FA. He also needs picks for the rebuild. Getting rid of Melo (who will also be hampering the development of young players like Kobe did in LAL) is the key move to make. NYK is in a desperate position due to the huge mistakes made in the pre-Phil Jackson era and Jackson is doing the right moves to fix them.

Other ppl already explained why it makes sense for us (Love a great fit, will help with scoring etc). I just want to add a couple more things: getting Love will make trading Sully a no brainer- how many PFs do we need? If you factor in that Sully's contract would be 7-8 mill., this means Love will really be costing us only 13-12 mill. What's more NYK mainly wants picks, we have way more than we can use and the only other team with lots of picks (Philly) would not be even remotely interested in such a deal.

For Cleveland it makes no sense. Yes, I know that it looks like it makes sense: they can move LBJ to the 4, give more playing time to Thompson and Varejao and get rid of a player who was underperforming. Moreover, many will argue that with Kyrie, LBJ and Melo, Cavs will have the mother of all offences.

Maybe... But if I were the Cavs I would be more concerned about how to fit in the same roster three players each of whom wants a ball of his own, and how they will cope with their D. Yes, Love's D was not great, but Melo? ;D (Let alone playing D without practically having a coach). Team chemistry will be another issue, usually dealt with by the coach, but not at the Cavs  ;D
And then Melo is older than Love and on a terrible contract. If the trade proves a disaster it won't be easy to move him.

So, to me it all looks both plausible and sweet. Since we are still only at the rumours level now, I'm not getting overly excited but yes I'm feeling excited.

« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2016, 05:05:44 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
The dream scenario would be to get Hayward and Love in a multi-team trade by giving up Sully, Lee and several picks.

The crazy thing is that by not renewing Amir we'll have enough money to sign a major FA in the summer too. If we get lucky, we could have an insane roster next season.

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart (JR, Young)
Hayward/Crowder/ET
Love/Jerebko/Olynyk(Mickey)
FA/Zeller

Pipedreams, I know. But this is such a beauty.

« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2016, 05:51:48 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
The dream scenario would be to get Hayward and Love in a multi-team trade by giving up Sully, Lee and several picks.

The crazy thing is that by not renewing Amir we'll have enough money to sign a major FA in the summer too. If we get lucky, we could have an insane roster next season.

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart (JR, Young)
Hayward/Crowder/ET
Love/Jerebko/Olynyk(Mickey)
FA/Zeller

Pipedreams, I know. But this is such a beauty.

My pipedream scenario is trading Sully, our and Dallas picks for Horford.  Then winning the lottery, selecting Simmons, and then convincing Durant to sign.

8 man rotation of:
IT/Smart
Bradley/Smart
Durant/Crowder
Simmons/Olynyk/Crowder
Horford/Olynyk

Rozier/Hunter/Mickey/Zeller as depth
Brooklyn lottery picks in 2017 & 2018
Unrealistic for sure, but it felt good to write that

« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2016, 06:22:58 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
If Melo is stubborn about staying in NY, then could the solution be as simple as this trade plus Brooklyn 2016 goes to Atlanta: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jt2crhb