Author Topic: Cavs, Knicks ,C's blockbuster in the works?(NY Daily News)  (Read 37120 times)

Re: Cavs, Knicks ,C's blockbuster in the works?(NY Daily News)
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2016, 01:07:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Chris Haynes: LeBron James was asked about the Kevin Love rumor to Boston. “It’s false.”
– via Twitter ChrisBHaynes

ha Lebron the backstabber at it again . Love will be in green soon if it doesn't cost to much :P

How is this backstabbing?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2016, 01:08:45 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Chris Haynes: LeBron James was asked about the Kevin Love rumor to Boston. “It’s false.”
– via Twitter ChrisBHaynes

ha Lebron the backstabber at it again . Love will be in green soon if it doesn't cost to much :P

How is this backstabbing?
he is just denying it like he denied he was the one that wanted to trade Wiggins for Love in the 1st place.

ok you're right , he's actually a 2 faced back stabber ;)

« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2016, 01:13:56 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Well let's make a giant leap and assume that Boston and the cavs are actually talking to each other about Kevin Love. 

It doesn't benefit the cavs to take that draft pick.  The cavs will want established talent.  Boston will need to find a 3rd team.   Melo makes a lot of sense, but if he is off the table who else might they find?

My wild guess is that if a deal goes down, you could see the cavs get Avery Bradley from Boston as well as another player via a 3rd team.  Bradley would be a great fit for what the cavs need.

I agree with another deal being possible if we add Pelicans. Send Dallas pick to Pelicans. Send C's 2016 1st, and Brooklyn 2018 pick to Cavs.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jljqlml

Edit add: With those players and two 1st can Cavs do better than that for Love?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:20:07 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2016, 01:25:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well let's make a giant leap and assume that Boston and the cavs are actually talking to each other about Kevin Love. 

It doesn't benefit the cavs to take that draft pick.  The cavs will want established talent.  Boston will need to find a 3rd team.   Melo makes a lot of sense, but if he is off the table who else might they find?

My wild guess is that if a deal goes down, you could see the cavs get Avery Bradley from Boston as well as another player via a 3rd team.  Bradley would be a great fit for what the cavs need.

That is why I made my comment above.

I think Carmelo Anthony is KEY here to ANY trade.

From his full comments on ESPN, he is committed to NY "Right Now." But he is seemingly willing to table the possibility of LEAVING NY this offseason. Couple that with the rest of the season being a lose-fest for him I'd bet he'd change his position.

Article by ESPN's Ian Begley -

Anthony raised eyebrows Friday when he hinted that he might reassess his situation with the Knicks after the season while speaking with reporters in Toronto.

"That doesn't sit well with me -- kind of even to reflect a little bit on that and to think about that is tough," Anthony said when asked about missing the playoffs. "That doesn't sit well with me -- to know that it can be three years if we don't pick it up right now."

Anthony was then asked whether he's thought about spending his future playing for a losing organization.

"Not yet. I'm pretty sure I'll have that conversation with myself and my family and my team," he told reporters in Toronto. "But it's not a conversation for right now."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14770510/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-dismisses-trade-rumors-says-not-going-anywhere

A straight-up deal with us and CLE is unlikely. But if we could convince Melo to be traded a three-team deal would work for all parties I'd bet.

Melo to CLE.

KLove to BOS.

NY gets a pick (or two) from us (hopefully NOT this year's.) And perhaps a player or two from us, or CLE.

NY is seemingly already beginning to rebuild around Krystaps. Might as well begin the rebuild in earnest.

« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2016, 01:28:18 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

As for a third guy... Just add other rumored players.

Horford
Howard
Gallinari
Gay
Ryan Anderson
Morris

I mean just plug in names.

Couldn't you see Lee and picks to Atlanta for horford and assets with sully to NO. Horford and Ryan Anderson to Cleveland.. Anderson and horford would work salary wise with love and they provide the combined spacing, rebounding, and defense (horford) that Cleveland craves. Now they're both free agents so they would have to know going in they will have to spend even more money. Yet if they win it all so what.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2016, 01:45:49 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Carmelo shot this down, and said he isn't going anywhere.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14770510/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-dismisses-trade-rumors-says-not-going-anywhere

Well it could be true he's not but....

He's not going to say he is while the teams are discussing it. If he say's "yeah I'm going to Cleveland" before the deal is done then NY looses any leverage they had to get assets. Which then means the pull out of the deal and Melo stays in NY were they boo him for the rest of the season and has no chance to win a title like he would with Lebron.

Plus were going to have to wait till after the game for this to go down. They wont mess with the All Star game and Kobe's last appearance.

« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2016, 01:49:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Melo being a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.

He doesn't want to be a #2 under Lebron

« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2016, 01:51:07 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Melo being a ****

He doesn't want to be a #2 under Lebron
LeBron likes his Boobie Gibsons

« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2016, 01:57:44 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Melo killing the deal would be telling. Could have been a contender in Chicago and again in Cleveland. The guy just doesn't care about winning.

So... he refuses to be traded, he doesn't care about winning. He accepts the trade, he's a traitor... because that's how he'll be seen in NY.

Fan bases sometimes confuse me.

Not sometimes, always.

Doesnt make sense for him to accept any trade now anyway, in a few months his trade kicker will be available, no sense  turning down 9m at this stage of his career.

« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2016, 02:00:29 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Melo killing the deal would be telling. Could have been a contender in Chicago and again in Cleveland. The guy just doesn't care about winning.

So... he refuses to be traded, he doesn't care about winning. He accepts the trade, he's a traitor... because that's how he'll be seen in NY.

Fan bases sometimes confuse me.

Not sometimes, always.

Doesnt make sense for him to accept any trade now anyway, in a few months his trade kicker will be available, no sense  turning down 9m at this stage of his career.

yea cle will take a shot with love in the playoffs , if it doesn't work out they may visit this trade around draft night .

« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2016, 02:48:35 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
If I was the Cavs, I'd be looking solely at modifying the team that best fits a way to challenge Golden State in the Finals. They're going to have to match up with them in small-ball, so I think they should just go ahead and make that commitment now, especially with Lue's playing philosophy.

That being said, they don't necessarily need to nab another star. Rather, they need a couple of high-end role player pieces that will fit what they're aiming to do, i.e. shoot well and play defense. Where else has as many of those types of players as Boston?

If I'm Cleveland, this is my starting offer:

Boston: Love

Cleveland: Bradley, Crowder, Olynyk, non-Brooklyn pick

If they'd go small-ball permanently, there's really no two better players to have than Bradley and Crowder. This lineup for Cleveland would be absolutely terrifying on both sides of the ball, and they'd have a chance to beat Golden State with it, if they came together quick enough this season:

PG: Irving, Williams, Dellavedova
SG: Bradley, Smith,Shump
SF: Crowder, Shump, Jefferson
PF: James, Varejao
C: Thompson, Mozgov

Granted, I don't think Danny gives up both Bradley and Crowder for Love, so it doesn't really matter. I think Danny's max is something like Lee, Bradley, KO, and picks for Love, so a third team would really be needed.

Something like this could work:

Boston: Love, Gordon

Cleveland: Anderson, Bradley, Turner, non-Brooklyn pick

New Orleans: Lee, KO, Young, non-Brooklyn pick

Though it'd suck to have to give up Turner, this would give us the following lineup:

PG: IT, Rozier
SG: Smart, Gordon
SF: Crowder, JJ
PF: Love, Sully
C: Amir, Zeller

Cavs GM Lebron James: Love to Boston Rumors 'False'
« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2016, 02:50:27 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Yup.  That did it.  The GM has spoken.  It's not happening.  Personally, I'd rather focus on getting someone like Horford or Boogie anyways.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Re: Cavs GM Lebron James: Love to Boston Rumors 'False'
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2016, 02:54:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Yup.  That did it.  The GM has spoken.  It's not happening.  Personally, I'd rather focus on getting someone like Horford or Boogie anyways.

Is he supposed to say "yes" in that situation? No, that's legitimately the only thing he really could say.

« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2016, 02:54:39 PM »

Online LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
IT-Smart-Crowder-Love-Dwight, with KO, Turner, Amir, and whatever back up guard we get in the trade off the bench.

That looks like an Eastern Conference champ to me.

Trades are as follows:
1. Lee-Jerebko-DAL pick-BOS pick for Howard and filler
2. Bradley-Sully-one of the BKN picks for Love and filler

I know DA wants to retain flexibility to go after Durant, but I really have a hard time seeing KD move, especially since the Thunder have Russell Westbrook and are still contenders.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:59:54 PM by LilRip »
- LilRip

Re: Cavs GM Lebron James: Love to Boston Rumors 'False'
« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2016, 02:55:35 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
LeBron will just say he was traded to Knicks for Melo. Knicks sent him to C's  ;D