Author Topic: Cavs, Knicks ,C's blockbuster in the works?(NY Daily News)  (Read 36977 times)

Re: RUMOR: Love to the Celtics, Carmelo to Cle
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2016, 07:34:48 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
How about Love to the Knicks and Porzingas to Boston instead?

NY wouldn't move Porzingis.  His cost-controlled talent combined with his ability to be marketed is a dream for a franchise.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Cavs, Knicks ,C's blockbuster in the works?(NY Daily News)
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2016, 07:41:55 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
I wonder if DA can pry out Love, if he makes a run at Howard to protect him on the defensive end....

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2016, 07:53:34 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Adam Himmelsbach: Re: Kevin Love. League source says the Cavs have been shopping him around, but that the asking price is very high.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2016, 08:01:04 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Melo would be awesome on the Cavs. Melo + LeBron at the two forward slots. Unbelievably difficult for opponents to matchup against that.

If they can move K-Love for Melo, Cleveland should definitely do that.

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2016, 08:03:29 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Melo would be awesome on the Cavs. Melo + LeBron at the two forward slots. Unbelievably difficult for opponents to matchup against that.

The problem for them is now they would have 3 guys that love dribbling the air out of the ball and going one on one, while teammates stand around.

« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2016, 08:04:46 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

The problem for them is now they would have 3 guys that love dribbling the air out of the ball and going one on one, while teammates stand around.

yep. three divas on the same team...

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2016, 08:06:26 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton

Lebron has to be kicking himself for not wanting Wiggins.  Imagine Wiggins with Irving and Lebron.  Their window would have been extended for a long time.  Anyways, even if the Cavs get Melo, they are not beating the Spurs or Warriors in a series...

« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2016, 08:10:50 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
hope that k love is healthy (doesn't seems to be) and that we don't overpay. seems to me like ainge is found himself in the situation where he is not the desperate party, instead it's the cavs and the knicks. maybe this is another smoke screen that ainge uses to get leverage on another deal, who knows...either way, I like the deal. we gain legit go to guy. don't think our defense suffers anything. k love is not worse defender then sully... well see...

« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2016, 08:11:23 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton

isn't that called a Rondo? :)

« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2016, 08:33:23 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
IF Melo would agree to it, why not trade for him directly instead, and leave Love out of it?

If Carmelo doesn't want to move his son out of school, he doesn't have to. Playing for a team in Boston doesn't require moving your family from NYC.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 08:44:48 AM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2016, 08:43:30 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Does this guy have any credibility?

Yes, Frank Isola has been on the Knicks beat for at least 15 years. In my experience, he's not quick to include rumors, and when he does phrases them appropriately (I.e. Draws clear distinction between actual GM discussions like this, and moves HE thinks would make sense -- unlike a hack like Blakely).

Remember he broke the Howard / Celtics discussions first, and I bet he was on there...

I still think people around here are overrating that pick's value.  In Simmons most recent NBA podcast he asked his guest whether the Jazz would considering giving up Gordan Hayward for both that pick AND the Dallas 1st.  They came to the consensus that it wouldn't be worth it for the Jazz, because that pick ultimately might not be that good.  Simmons said getting Hayward for the Brooklyn 1st would be his dream scenario.

That doesn't sound like an overpay to me -- especially if the Suns bump in front of the Nets. It would be due to folks undervaluing Hayward, which the majority of local bloggers do because they've never really seen him play.

But I disagree that the Jazz would pass. They'd have to consider the deal very strongly.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 08:52:37 AM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2016, 08:45:16 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Not sure I understand what the article is suggesting.  It seems to be saying the Knicks might trade Anthony to CLE or maybe Boston or the Clippers but that Danny still likes Love.  I am not sure if that implies a 3-way where Anthony goes to CLE and we get Love, picks a salary to NYK.

I am not that excited about either Carmelo or Love.  Both are great players but seem to be breaking down.  Brook Lopez may turn out to be more durable over the next 3 years than Love or Anthony.

The other rumor is Smart and non-BKN picks for Lopez.  This one is for Love or Anthony but would definitely need to include BKN picks and maybe Smart too.  With the way IT is playing, it makes it easier to consider trading Smart I guess but I am not all that excited about any of these rumors.

« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2016, 08:55:23 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
IF Melo would agree to it, why not trade for him directly instead, and leave Love out of it?

If Carmelo doesn't want to move his son out of school, he doesn't have to. Playing for a team in Boston doesn't require moving your family from NYC.

For one, the one the Knicks are going to want expiring contracts to build around Porzingis, so the are going super young.

Second some of the contracts that would have to go over would be Varejao, Thompson, both are Lebrons boys, and we know who's in charge in Cleveland.

Third, You'd have to play Love at C, which he can do in short runs, but not starting minutes.

Fourth, we an take on contracts, DA left this team with some wiggle room just for this, makes us valuable. 

And lastly...Who cares why they wouldn't do this, If we don't have to give up all the Nets picks, or Crowder. Shhhh, let them need our help. :P

« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2016, 09:00:12 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Not sure I understand what the article is suggesting.  It seems to be saying the Knicks might trade Anthony to CLE or maybe Boston or the Clippers but that Danny still likes Love.  I am not sure if that implies a 3-way where Anthony goes to CLE and we get Love, picks a salary to NYK.

1) Cs and Cavs have talked about a Kevin Love deal. Likely due to a lack of enthusiasm for the Cs package going to the Cavs, they agreed to call Phil Jackson about sending Carmelo to the Cavs instead, since the Knicks would presumably be more interested in the Cs 'rebuild' package of picks than the Cavs are.

2) The Cs are among a short list of other places to trade Anthony. Ainge has long been a fan as far as Isola knows and have the package to do it. Unclear whether Ainge prefers Love or Anthony, or whether there's concern about whether Melo would accept a trade to Boston -- both of which would obviously be factors in which angle Ainge pursues harder.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2016, 09:07:38 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
It makes sense for Boston to get Love but it makes zero sense for them to facilitate Cleveland getting Melo.  This is not happening.