Author Topic: Energy Raising Basketball Players  (Read 939 times)

Energy Raising Basketball Players
« on: February 12, 2016, 05:03:17 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Tp again to Chambers to posting those awesome videos on Brad Stevens on coaching, and my favorite video was when he talked about how people and players raise the energy in the room or on the court.

It got me thinking there is a new philosophy when thinking of what players we want to acquire or draft.
 Example Howard is not happening. Horford Yes. Cousins?? Tough call.

In the Draft Buddy Hields Energy is awesome, probably the best in the draft, its infectious.

Simmons energy is in question, although how he passes at the NBA level with real NBA talent may change that. Plus you can't pass on him, energy be dammed.

Stevens specifically singled out Smart and his outstanding Energy he brings to the room and the court. Crowders energy also a key trait obviously Isaiah's is spectacular, and Roziers stands our to me as well.

So is this  something to legitimately be looking for in identifying players who will "take their talents to Boston" or is it just coach talk.

Re: Energy Raising Basketball Players
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 05:07:57 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
https://youtu.be/kU16yG0kInM

Here's the video.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 06:17:18 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

And who was one of the greatest energy raiser's we have ever seen in Basketball? The Living Legend, Kevin Garnett. If Pierce and KG got to play their whole careers better that would have been special.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 06:25:46 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Tp again to Chambers to posting those awesome videos on Brad Stevens on coaching, and my favorite video was when he talked about how people and players raise the energy in the room or on the court.

It got me thinking there is a new philosophy when thinking of what players we want to acquire or draft.
 Example Howard is not happening. Horford Yes. Cousins?? Tough call.

In the Draft Buddy Hields Energy is awesome, probably the best in the draft, its infectious.

Simmons energy is in question, although how he passes at the NBA level with real NBA talent may change that. Plus you can't pass on him, energy be dammed.

Stevens specifically singled out Smart and his outstanding Energy he brings to the room and the court. Crowders energy also a key trait obviously Isaiah's is spectacular, and Roziers stands our to me as well.

So is this  something to legitimately be looking for in identifying players who will "take their talents to Boston" or is it just coach talk.

My favorite was when he talked about the need to be warm and demanding.