Author Topic: 2016 Draft if we keep all our 1st round picks  (Read 2795 times)

2016 Draft if we keep all our 1st round picks
« on: February 12, 2016, 03:32:30 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
It's looking like we'll have a top 3 pick, so that being #1 we take Ben Simmons.  Whether we get 2nd or 3rd pick it's looking like Brandon Ingram, Dragan Bender (I'm not a fan of this pick), Jaylen Brown. 

But what I'm interested in is who would you like the Celtics to draft with our other two 1st round picks, saying they'er between 18-24 it's looking like.  Plus if you like anybody in the second round who would you like.

When you look at this deep even in the first, you got good/great college players, but still might need a couple years to be good/great NBA players.

Damian Jones - Center - Just watching this kid, I really like what he could be.  I think he needs to get a mean streak in him to be even better, but think he could be a good/great center of the future for us.  Has a great soft touch at the rim for put back and a rim protector. 

Skal Labissiere - Center/Power Forward - Has fallen out of some peoples draft boards for this year, but if he comes out I'm taking a shot at him.  He seems like he could have great upside and would make a good power forward for us in the future.  Plus we need a backup power forward if we don't resign Sully, let go Johnson, it would only leave us Mickey since Lee is traded or bought out by deadline.

Denzel Valentine - Shooting Guard/ Small Forward - After watching him play he reminds me of a Jae Crowder in a sense.  The deference I see though is he can be a big time scorer, has had some injuries this year but I'm still a buyer at draft day with the 3rd 1st round pick. 

Diamond Stone - Center - Reminds me of a better version of Perkins.  I don't think he falls to 18 honestly but if he does and we have a chance I'm taking him with our 2nd 1st round pick. 

As for the 2nd round I have a couple players who I really enjoy watching, who I'd be really happy with getting. 

Taurean Prince -  Small Forward - One of the few player who played till his senior year which is something I love to see.  Could be one of the most ready small forward to play in the NBA because of it.  He reminds me of a Bruce Bowen/Jae Crowder, a defensive guy who brings a lot of energy on the floor.  He can score but not what he's on the court for all the time. 

AJ Hammons - Center - Could be a great backup center to start and could be a starter at some point in his career.  He's a typical big man center which I'm still a fan of, plus he's another senior which will make his game more polished I find with college players. 

Marcus Paige - Point Guard - I rather trade Terry Rozier since I think he was a waste of a pick when we took him in the 1st, but some time would use him better.  Paige is a more traditional point guard with great court vision and doesn't mind to shoot the ball when needed to.  Plus another senior as you can tell I'm a fan of seeing. 

Re: 2016 Draft if we keep all our 1st round picks
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 04:28:23 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Tp Wolf, I like the topic. Both Valentine and Buddy Hield are also Seniors FYI.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 05:13:53 PM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Package celtics  1st , minn 1st, dallas1st and move into the top 6

Gives celtics 2 top 6 picks , beyond the top 6 or 7  won't contribute for awhile anyway

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 05:18:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Gives celtics 2 top 6 picks , beyond the top 6 or 7  won't contribute for awhile anyway
it would be nice. but it looks highly unlikely that the celtics will get the first round pick from minnesota. it is top 12 protected and i dont see the wolves jumping ahead of all the other teams to get there.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 05:33:08 PM »

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
It's looking like we'll have a top 3 pick

If they get the 4th slot going into the lottery, there is about a 38% of a top 3 pick.  Nice rose colored glasses ;-)  I hope you're right.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 05:57:23 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

we saw last year that does not work; other teams keep the high picks. not the NFL.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 06:38:49 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
Tp Wolf, I like the topic. Both Valentine and Buddy Hield are also Seniors FYI.

The more I see Buddy Hield I'm getting more interested in him.  I'd be willing to take him at the 4 spot, at the 3 spot I'd be happier taking Brown.  But it's a really tough call.

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 06:41:39 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White

Did you read the original post.  I'm not talking trades, I'm talking about the draft and who you'd take.  I'm interested in seeing who actually watches college basketball, and who they think would make an impact.  Yes, this draft really only has two to maybe three prize players.  I want to know what people think of the other players that might not be hitting everybody's radar or if they are, are not the 2-3 prize guys. 

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 06:42:56 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

we saw last year that does not work; other teams keep the high picks. not the NFL.

If Dallas falls out of the playoffs though, and it is a lottery pick, they could package that pick and their pick plus a top 2nd rounder and move up to say 10 vs. 14 or so.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 06:57:03 PM »

Offline HuskerCeltic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
We do not have a top 3 pick for sure. It is a high probability for it to be a top 5-6 pick right now. Brooklyn is now tied with Phoenix. Only a 42.3% chance of us having a top 3 pick. http://www.tankathon.com/

this is my order
1. Ben Simmons
2. Brandon Ingram
3. Field trade options for young star player, would trade for Hayward here, similar to Ray Allen trade
4. Bender
5. Jaylen Brown
6. Poeltl

With our pick, Dal pick, and our 2 early 2nds, I hope Danny is looking for someone he can move up for when they drop. My favorites for hoping they drop are

1. Buddy Hield
2. Ivan Rabb
3. Korkmaz
4. Valentine

Then trade the rest or draft and stash. We don't have room for more.