Author Topic: Anyone think that Smart may have slimmed just a hair?  (Read 1005 times)

Anyone think that Smart may have slimmed just a hair?
« on: February 12, 2016, 12:02:18 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
It dawned on me. I recently watched his highlights against the Spurs from back in November and then from watching the games over the past couple of weeks, I noticed he has been quicker. In the Spurs game, he seemed to use his body and overall strength more. In these recent games he's appeared faster and used more athleticism than his pure strength alone. Part of it could be that he's in better game shape since the season has gone on longer, but does anyone else think that maybe he's starting to base his game a little more on quickness rather than muscle?

Re: Anyone think that Smart may have slimmed just a hair?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 12:15:50 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
His hair, on the other hand, certainly hasn't slimmed and keeps annoying me.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 12:43:07 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
It dawned on me. I recently watched his highlights against the Spurs from back in November and then from watching the games over the past couple of weeks, I noticed he has been quicker. In the Spurs game, he seemed to use his body and overall strength more. In these recent games he's appeared faster and used more athleticism than his pure strength alone. Part of it could be that he's in better game shape since the season has gone on longer, but does anyone else think that maybe he's starting to base his game a little more on quickness rather than muscle?

I believe his new found quickness and explosiveness is due to being fully over his injuries and back in game-shape.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 01:28:31 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i noticed that in clippers game he is thinner, he came back more padded

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 02:16:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I agree ,  think he has lost the weight he gained during his past two injuries.

I also think ,   Every week the kid can rest up and not get hurt , he seems be making huge progress like he showed in summer league before he destoyed his fingers.   That was a huge setback for a guy working hard to find his shots.

If he can finally stay healthy ....he should be really on his game by playoff time.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 02:19:14 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I don't know if it is actual physical speed as much as decision-making. He was tentative before, trying to think about what he is doing. Now, he is decisive, which gives him extra split seconds.

I think watching Crowder's drives have helped Smart. Crowder isn't making multiple moves. He is just going hard right when he has an opening, as fast and strong as possible. That is what Smart is starting to do.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 02:19:50 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I see no new "quickness", and definitely no explosiveness to speak of. Looks like confirmation bias from the fact that he's finally reverting (from being historically awful) to the mean.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 02:39:00 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
I see no new "quickness", and definitely no explosiveness to speak of. Looks like confirmation bias from the fact that he's finally reverting (from being historically awful) to the mean.

Well, sir, I think your accusation of confirmation bias is just confirmation bias on your part!  :P

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 03:19:35 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

I believe his new found quickness and explosiveness is due to being fully over his injuries and back in game-shape.

Mk

This.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 07:32:59 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Agree, he does look thinner to me. Glad you brought it up.... I thought it was my imagination.