Author Topic: Bos, Hou, Phx trade idea  (Read 1312 times)

Bos, Hou, Phx trade idea
« on: February 12, 2016, 08:41:47 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z5vd8es

Boston trades Lee, Sully, Boston 1 and Dallas 1
Receives Howard

Houston trades Howard
Receives Lee, Morris, 2 1sts

Phoenix trades Morris
Receives Sully

For Houston - Add a talented player in Morris to go along with two 1sts.  Houston has shown they care more about talent level then personal issues.  Lee could help them now as they try to hang onto a playoff spot. 

For Phoenix - They get rid of a player with talent that needs to go.  They replace him with another talented big man. 

My only place I am not sure about is whether one of the 1st (or maybe an added 2nd) would have to go to Phoenix.

Re: Bos, Hou, Phx trade idea
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 08:52:53 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
After that trade, no one will ever accuse us of sacrificing talent for character.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 09:00:09 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
After that trade, no one will ever accuse us of sacrificing talent for character.

Because Sully has such a great off the court history?

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 09:01:17 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
seems very plausible I would expect the Cs would have to send 1 or 2 2nds along to the Suns as well.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 09:03:30 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
seems very plausible I would expect the Cs would have to send 1 or 2 2nds along to the Suns as well.

Only one more 2nd.  How much is Morris really worth right now? 

Would not give up 3 1st round picks for Howard.  2 is hard enough to swallow for a possible rental.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 09:04:48 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Seems fair for us. Reports are that Houston are shopping Howard with the intention of making a run at Durant, so taking on extra salary might not be in their game plan

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 09:41:19 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Would not give up 3 1st round picks for Howard.  2 is hard enough to swallow for a possible rental.
not an unreasonable deal but 2 firsts for a possible (or probable if you consider DH's lack of loyalty to any team) rental of 30 or so games leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  if Danny was able to speak to DH before the deal to get some off-the-record assurance of resigning, then that would be much better (obviously)

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 09:47:03 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

not an unreasonable deal but 2 firsts for a possible (or probable if you consider DH's lack of loyalty to any team) rental of 30 or so games leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  if Danny was able to speak to DH before the deal to get some off-the-record assurance of resigning, then that would be much better (obviously)

Well, Howard and Mchale got along well together and Ainge and Mchale are close..........

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 10:02:37 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'd gI've up the Mavs pick to get Howard but I'd start with sully and aour pick to see if that was enough. Teams with guys on expiring contacts rarely get two 1st round picks unless it's a superstar. I'm not sure Dwight is still in that category.

I hope we pick up whoever is cheaper between Horford and Howard but the highest I go for either is our mid 1sts this year and  expirings.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 10:33:43 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I think this deal makes more sense for everyone.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=82298.0

But as for our deal, I think the Rockets get too much. When push comes to shove, I think Morey will be lucky to get a quality player like Morris and a 1st for a Howard rental. Simply including the Cs 1st (not the Mavs pick) should be enough

But I agree leveraging HOU's interest in Morris is a strong way to go.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:59:34 AM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 11:17:45 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Well, Howard and Mchale got along well together and Ainge and Mchale are close..........
a bit of a stretch but if it helps grease the wheels, then that would be swell