Author Topic: What are the best offers others teams could give up for Dwight?  (Read 1626 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Mia = Whiteside , Dragic filler
Atl = Horford and Teague or Korver

Other than those 2 teams I don't really see a team with a chance of contending giving up more than that . The lesser teams aren't going to sell off their best assets if they don't think he can make them a contender , and have the ability to resign him

Boston on the other hand is currently a top 3 seed in the East , with elite defenders and secondary scorers ,and a lot of assets to surround him with talent

I really think we are in the running for him. I want this to happen!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 10:25:58 PM by rondohondo »

Re: What are the best offers others teams could give up for Dwight?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 10:36:51 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 532
Why all this love for Howard?  He's never won anything and isn't anything close to what he was with Orlando. And the game is going in the opposite direction (smallball) of what he brings to the table.  How has he worked out with the last two teams he was with?

If Miami makes that deal they're worse-probably a lot worse.  If Atlanta deals any of those guys they're worse and their long term situation is worse because they have him for one more year and he's a free agent.

Pass.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 10:49:46 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Neither of those teams would make those trades... Howard isn't worth that.

I only want him if we can get him for a mid first-late first, maybe two (since we have so many picks anyway and need to get rid of a couple) and Lee salary dump. Don't give up real assets for this guy, it's not like any other team will. If Houston won't bite oh well, Howard is going to ditch here in the offseason anyway. Hopefully he wouldn't have destroyed the locker room before then

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 10:59:27 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I view Howard as a better Amir and Horford as a better (in all areas except for rebounding) Sully. Nothing wrong with giving up Lee/filler for that, in my opinion.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 11:29:36 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
They want to unload him while they can still get or fleece somebody into some stupid trade .

They see the writing on the wall. 

Houston pulled out every stop to get Howard ....and now they want to unload him ?

they put too much money and faith In him

Howard is not the guy that kicked butt in Orlando.

I'm not against getting him.  Houston wants to recoupe their loss some here .

Pay pennies on the dollar here.

Chances are slim you ll get anywhere the value out of him you DREAM of ........I d take a chance on old Pau Gasol over Howard.

These kind of guys , you don't trade young assets for. 

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 11:54:13 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 532
I actually would do Howard for Lee and one of the lower #1's.  I see the reports that his value is allegedly plummeting (no shock there) but I'd take him if I'm not giving up much.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 12:12:09 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Why all this love for Howard?  He's never won anything and isn't anything close to what he was with Orlando. And the game is going in the opposite direction (smallball) of what he brings to the table.  How has he worked out with the last two teams he was with?

If Miami makes that deal they're worse-probably a lot worse.  If Atlanta deals any of those guys they're worse and their long term situation is worse because they have him for one more year and he's a free agent.

Pass.

He is a physically dominant (6'11", 265 pound, 7'5" wingspan) beast of a man who is:

* An 8 time All-Star
* A 3 time defensive player of the year
* 21st All-time in Defensive Rating
* 30th All-time in defensive win shares
* 25th All-Time in defensive Box plus/minus
* 21st all time in Blocks Per Game
* 34th all time in Player Efficiency Rating
* 4th all time in Total Rebound Percentage
* 25th all time in Free Throw Attempts
* 4th all time in FG Percentage (58%)
* 20th all time in True shooting percentage

...and has those ranks at the age of 30.

Statistically, he is one of the best rebounders, defenders and rim protectors to ever play the game while also being one of the most efficient offensive players ever to play the game. 

Even today, his averages (14.6 points, 12 rebounds, 1.5 blocks, 61% FG, 81% FTR) are still good enough to earn him a borderline 'elite' status.

Dwight might only be at 70% of who he once was, but vintage Dwight Howard at 70% is still significantly better than any other center in the NBA right now not named Demarcus Cousins, Pau Gasol, Andre Drummond or Deandre Jordan.

It's very, very rare to find a player who is elite on defense, elite on the boards, and an elite score.  Guys like that come across once or twice a decade if you're lucky.  But Dwight Howard is an elite defender, an elite rebound, and arguably the most efficient offensive player in the entire NBA -which is about the next best thing. 

No matter how you look at it, there are very few players in the past two decades who have been able to completely dominate the paint the way Dwight still can. 

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 12:55:37 AM »

Offline InameallmyanimalsLarry

• NCE
  • Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
The Cs would not be getting Howard from the past, they would be getting the guy he is right now, Sully and the 2 worst 1st round draft picks is all I would feel good about giving up for him.
optimism is a skill

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 01:44:10 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Without assurances of a resign there won't be many buyers.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 02:14:05 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Pass.

Dwight sort of offers everything you'd want as an anchor on a team like ours. He's a monster rebounder, great defender, and can still physically dominate. He could score in the flow of the offense and create massive opportunities off of offensive boards (not sure how closely you've been paying attention recently, but it seems like Brad has placed an emphasis on passing out offensive boards for open threes). The one negative with Dwight is the contract IMO, which admittedly, is a huge negative.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 02:14:53 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
The Cs would not be getting Howard from the past, they would be getting the guy he is right now, Sully and the 2 worst 1st round draft picks is all I would feel good about giving up for him.

And that's almost definitely how Danny feels also.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers