Author Topic: Charlotte called us back after the draft and offered us kaminsky for the 4 1st's  (Read 1841 times)

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
anyone hear about this? I was listening to the Dan le betard show (I believe it was the local hour) in which they mentioned this. I know it's well documented that we offered 4 1sts for the right to their pick (but we were targeting Winslow) .  they supposedly thought we wanted kaminsky (who they also coveted) and were undecided what to do.  so they drafted kaminsky and then later had second thoughts and offered him to us for the "original deal" which we of course refused.  would have been nice to have Winslow
I think there's zero chance we offered four 1sts, and even lower chance that it was refused.

If I remember the original rumor, it was technically "four 1sts" but 2 were our lower picks that year and at least one if not two were the conditional 1sts that were almost certainly going to be 2 2nds.  The Minny pick this year was definitely mentioned and I think the Sixers "1st" as well.  So in a legal sense yeah, but practically it wasn't really four 1sts.

I do love the idea that the Charlotte front office was so out of touch that they figured, "of course they're trying to snag Kaminsky, he's a stud!"

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Edit:  Meant to agree with kozlodoev.   
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yeah, I kind of ninja-edited myself, because it turns out we DID offer something ridiculous to Charlotte.

Either way, would someone who has paid more attention to MIA this season explain how is it that Winslow is getting a ton of minutes and has virtually no production to show for it?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Yeah, I kind of ninja-edited myself, because it turns out we DID offer something ridiculous to Charlotte.

Either way, would someone who has paid more attention to MIA this season explain how is it that Winslow is getting a ton of minutes and has virtually no production to show for it?
He is a defensive guy.  Similar to RHJ in Brooklyn before he got hurt. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think any rumor of Charlotte calling back to make the deal is just someone pulling someone else's leg.