Author Topic: Charlotte called us back after the draft and offered us kaminsky for the 4 1st's  (Read 1839 times)

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
anyone hear about this? I was listening to the Dan le betard show (I believe it was the local hour) in which they mentioned this. I know it's well documented that we offered 4 1sts for the right to their pick (but we were targeting Winslow) .  they supposedly thought we wanted kaminsky (who they also coveted) and were undecided what to do.  so they drafted kaminsky and then later had second thoughts and offered him to us for the "original deal" which we of course refused.  would have been nice to have Winslow 

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
if true

Just Jordan being Jordan.....

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Ummmm!! did they thought kaminsky was the next Larry Legend or something???

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
if true

Just Jordan being Jordan.....

Exactly.  I can picture Jordan finishing a round of golf, smoking a cigar, and drinking a scotch with some buddies while surrounded by young hotties telling an assistant to make that call.  In other words, his head is not in it.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I wish I saw Danny's face reaction when he heard such offer

Ok Michael one sec.  Puts down the phone. and

PUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
It may be true...my feeling is that this is hocus pocus. 

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I thought rumor was after C's took Hunter that the call came in. Jordan didn't think Hunter would be there. So Rozier and Hunter were on his draft board pretty high enough for him to change his mind.

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I dont think it was 4 firsts straight up for 9th pick. Bill Simmons brought this up in the past. It was something of a 4 team trade that had boston moving up to 4th

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Dumb Jordan is dumb

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Good didn't want Winslow either
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

I wanted Winslow. Still want Winslow. I ultimately think he will be Double the player Crowder is. Although Crowder keeps improving to boot, so tough to say. Both will put in the work necessary to be great , IMO

Offline passesofftodj

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20

I wanted Winslow. Still want Winslow. I ultimately think he will be Double the player Crowder is. Although Crowder keeps improving to boot, so tough to say. Both will put in the work necessary to be great , IMO

I agree, I still want Winslow and I hope DA is trying to get him.  He would be a great fit.  I thought he had the most potential out of the last draft.  Jordan was an idiot not to take Danny's offer and then compounded it by taking Kaminsky who will never be a star.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
would have been nice to have Winslow
Well, he's not exactly tearing it up in Miami though.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If Heat go win now mode and offer trade Winslow for Crowder would you guys do it?