Author Topic: Tobias Harris or Jae Crowder  (Read 2599 times)

Re: Tobias Harris or Jae Crowder
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 11:09:29 PM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Harris better offense, Jae better defense, is it that simple?

I think Crowder however is MUCH closer to Harris on offense, than Harris is to Crowder on Defense. 

Crowder is maybe 80% the offensive player Harris is.  Harris is no even close to 50% the defensive player Crowder is.

If the Celtics really wanted Harris, wouldn't they hadon't just signed him this past offseason? Why would they give up assets to trade for him and his contract at this point.

Harris was a RFA, and general word is that the Magic made it pretty well known that they were going to match any and all offers - so wasn't much point in making him an offer really.
TP Just what I said

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 11:11:42 PM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
Harris better offense, Jae better defense, is it that simple?

I think Crowder however is MUCH closer to Harris on offense, than Harris is to Crowder on Defense. 

Crowder is maybe 80% the offensive player Harris is.  Harris is no even close to 50% the defensive player Crowder is.

If the Celtics really wanted Harris, wouldn't they hadon't just signed him this past offseason? Why would they give up assets to trade for him and his contract at this point.

Harris was a RFA, and general word is that the Magic made it pretty well known that they were going to match any and all offers - so wasn't much point in making him an offer really.
I don't really buy that. If the C's really liked him and thought he'd be a good fit, they would have made an offer that Orlando wouldn't match.

Ultimately, I don't think he's worth it compared to Crowder. Crowder has a more team friendly contract long term. I don't think Harris is $9 million better than Crowder.
You already bought it

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 11:20:09 PM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
Anyone??, can tell me the difference between Bradley and Buddy Hield, will be appreciated, thanks!!

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 11:31:46 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Anyone??, can tell me the difference between Bradley and Buddy Hield, will be appreciated, thanks!!

Buddy is dynamic with the ball creating his own shot, how well that will translate at the next level, we shall see.  Avery Bradley's ball handling is brutal, he can't create his own shot, scores off back cuts & spot up jumpers.  Bradley is an elite defender, Buddy is not.  They are pretty much polar opposites. 

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 11:32:41 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Hes a little bigger, a far better ball handler.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 11:43:18 PM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown

Buddy is dynamic with the ball creating his own shot, how well that will translate at the next level, we shall see.  Avery Bradley's ball handling is brutal, he can't create his own shot, scores off back cuts & spot up jumpers.  Bradley is an elite defender, Buddy is not.  They are pretty much polar opposites.
TP thanks just what I thought AB better defender, so the only thing teams are scare to draft buddy is he's defense?, because scouts say the only thing that are afraid that he's too short to play sg but there's Bradley at 6'2, and I think Hield has a longest wingspan than AB.

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 11:45:32 PM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
TP I think Celtics should use their pick and Dallas' to get this guy, I think he could be better than AB.

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 12:13:29 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
TP I think Celtics should use their pick and Dallas' to get this guy, I think he could be better than AB.

Keep in mind that he's a 22 year old senior.  His rookie year he will be the same age as Bradley was when was scoring 15 ppg, shooting nearly 40% from 3, and playing better defense than Hield is probably capable of.  I'm not saying he won't be better, but their games are much different and Hield's age needs to be taken into account considering the level of play.

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2016, 12:35:26 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Harris all around was better than Crowder last year. This year though Crowder is about equal. Crowder really benefited from increased playing time and refs getting used to his physicality. I still feel Harris can play at a higher level more consistently but suffers from an inconsistent team that makes it hard for him to produce.

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2016, 12:51:27 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I know right now I'm trolling my own thread, but what's the difference between Buddy Hield and Avery Bradley???, just curious!!, thanks!!

A ton. Buddy is about 3 inches taller than Avery. Buddy can also handle the ball without instantly turning it over. Buddy has a really natural, smooth stroke, but so does Avery now. Avery is a better defender. Avery is obviously a much more proven commodity. They're really only similar in that they play the same position.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2016, 12:59:03 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown

Keep in mind that he's a 22 year old senior.  His rookie year he will be the same age as Bradley was when was scoring 15 ppg, shooting nearly 40% from 3, and playing better defense than Hield is probably capable of.  I'm not saying he won't be better, but their games are much different and Hield's age needs to be taken into account considering the level of play.
tp so you're telling me he's just like Alando Tucker and Andre Emett, big scoring guys in their senior season, but too old to keep the pace in the NBA, now I respect more AB. Thanks for your input.

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2016, 01:43:17 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
I've said this before--Harris reminds me too much of Jeff Green in his approach to the game---he lets the game come to him...Crowder grabs the game by the throat.
He doesn't take games off.

Sure Green and Harris might have better BB skills---But I'll take the guy with the Killer  attitude every time---!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2016, 02:02:54 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I take Jae because I value defense in the league more than offense. Guys like Crowder & Smart change games with their defensive physicality alone. When you can change games without scoring a single point like these two Bulldogs can, it's extremely valuable to winning.

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2016, 02:32:13 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
According to the player comparison at BB-reference.com below, Crowder is better at both ends of the floor.

http://bkref.com/tiny/Ne6Yr

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2016, 02:48:37 AM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
According to the player comparison at BB-reference.com below, Crowder is better at both ends of the floor.

http://bkref.com/tiny/Ne6Yr
tp I always look to that page for sports reference didn't know they got head to head, anyways, PF doesn't scares much c'cause he's more aggresive when defending, until that OT against the clipps, never seen a game were JAE was fouled out, onto the others stats are clear, JAE little better, and what stats don't say is clear in favor of JAE, heart and leadership and his contract.