Author Topic: Tobias Harris or Jae Crowder  (Read 2602 times)

Tobias Harris or Jae Crowder
« on: February 11, 2016, 09:37:57 PM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Well I'm practically new here and I'm not too comfortable posting topics here, because I'm not into arguments I only want to sheer for my time when possible, but I've just comment on a link saying Tobias Harris is available saying don't need for him 'cause I think JAE is better, at least for my eyes, then someone replys saying he's not, what you guys think, thanks, GO CELTICS!!!!!!

Re: Tobias Harris or Jae Crowder
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 09:44:31 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Jae is definitely better and on a much, much better contract.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 09:50:01 PM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
Jae is definitely better and on a much, much better contract.
TP, just what I respond

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 09:51:47 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Harris better offense, Jae better defense, is it that simple?

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 09:59:43 PM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
Man!! their offence is not too far away, but defence?, I take my chances on crowder anyday, koudos!!

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 10:19:48 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Jae seems to be the obvious choice, mainly because of his leadership and contract. However, I would be okay with trading for Harris to play PF if we could get him without giving up too much. He seems like the kind of guy who can be a go-to scorer when you need him, but won't be too upset if he's not getting his shots. He would seem to fit in pretty well with our versatile pace and space system.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 10:20:49 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
4 years @ $64 million vs 5 yrs @ $35 million.  Is what Harris gives you vs Crowder worth on average $9 million a year more?

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 10:32:18 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Harris is not a difference maker

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 10:37:53 PM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
Pretty weird when breaks out that Boston is interested in Shabazzz, now it comes out that Tobias Harris is available(same frame different player), I guess now that Boston is in the elite of the NBA, I guess all gm's are calling Danny desperetly for that Brooklyn pick, but I stand that pick only for Boogie!!

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 10:42:54 PM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
I know right now I'm trolling my own thread, but what's the difference between Buddy Hield and Avery Bradley???, just curious!!, thanks!!

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 10:47:09 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Crowder easily - no contest. 

Tobias Harris has played over 7,500 minutes and 250 games in this league over 5 years, and has been a key player on most of those teams, yet over that time he has shown pretty much zero progression. 

If anything his overall Per 36 numbers are looking slightly down this year.

He's basically a offensive minded big three / athletic four who is a solid 3rd or 4th scoring option, and who rebounds pretty well for his position. He's been a pretty poor 3PT shooter and a pretty mediocre defender most of his career.

He is basically Theddeous Young, minus the defense.

I think Crowder is much more valuable for a few reasons:
1) His offensive production this year has been no far off Harris'
2) He's a much better 3PT shooter right now than Harris is
3) He's on a whole other level defensively
4) His game is showing very clear signs of progression, suggesting higher upside

For Harris to be as valuable as Crowder he'd need to become a plus defender and a much more consistent outside shooter.  Until then, Crowder all the way.

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 10:48:39 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
If the Celtics really wanted Harris, wouldn't they hadon't just signed him this past offseason? Why would they give up assets to trade for him and his contract at this point.

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 10:48:51 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

I think Crowder however is MUCH closer to Harris on offense, than Harris is to Crowder on Defense. 

Crowder is maybe 80% the offensive player Harris is.  Harris is no even close to 50% the defensive player Crowder is.

If the Celtics really wanted Harris, wouldn't they hadon't just signed him this past offseason? Why would they give up assets to trade for him and his contract at this point.

Harris was a RFA, and general word is that the Magic made it pretty well known that they were going to match any and all offers - so wasn't much point in making him an offer really.

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 11:03:32 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson

I think Crowder however is MUCH closer to Harris on offense, than Harris is to Crowder on Defense. 

Crowder is maybe 80% the offensive player Harris is.  Harris is no even close to 50% the defensive player Crowder is.

Harris was a RFA, and general word is that the Magic made it pretty well known that they were going to match any and all offers - so wasn't much point in making him an offer really.
I don't really buy that. If the C's really liked him and thought he'd be a good fit, they would have made an offer that Orlando wouldn't match.

Ultimately, I don't think he's worth it compared to Crowder. Crowder has a more team friendly contract long term. I don't think Harris is $9 million better than Crowder.

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 11:04:39 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Jae, especially when contract and locker-room presence are accounted for.