Author Topic: Trade to get both Howard/Hortford (merged)  (Read 2233 times)

Re: Trade to get both Howard/Hortford (merged)
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 04:09:20 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
I would be surprised if the C's didn't get one of them and I don't think getting both is out of the questions.

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 04:11:54 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Why are you completely gutting our frontcourt depth? I get why both Atlanta and Houston might need a useful big man coming back for the rest of the season, therefore Amir and Sully might have to go. Then there's the fact that Lee and Jerebko might be needed for salary purposes to get both. Actually, wait, no, the minimum we could send out is Amir to Atlanta and Lee + Sully to Houston. No reason not to hold onto Zeller. Little reason to let go of Jerebko. Whatever trade value they add can be replaced with one of this year's 2nds.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 04:17:52 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Why are you completely gutting our frontcourt depth? I get why both Atlanta and Houston might need a useful big man coming back for the rest of the season, therefore Amir and Sully might have to go. Then there's the fact that Lee and Jerebko might be needed for salary purposes to get both. Actually, wait, no, the minimum we could send out is Amir to Atlanta and Lee + Sully to Houston. No reason not to hold onto Zeller. Little reason to let go of Jerebko. Whatever trade value they add can be replaced with one of this year's 2nds.
Who needs those bums when we have Jordan Mickey and Olynyk. 

Lol jk

In this ridiculous hypothetical, I'd expect Boston to sign a couple post-buyout candidates.  Hibbert, Joe Johnson and Kevin Martin oughta fill out the roster nicely.

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 04:44:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I would be surprised if the C's didn't get one of them and I don't think getting both is out of the questions.
I wonder if having Horford and Howard together could even work.

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 05:43:16 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I wonder if having Horford and Howard together could even work.

Horford is skilled enough on offense to play the PF position and versatile enough on defense to defend opposing PFs. No good reason why it shouldn't work.

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 09:42:51 PM »

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Posted this in a different forum and wanted to put it here too.  Decent article I found on the pros and cons of Horford.  Doesn't really have any earth shattering information but I think it's a decent read.  I swear I'm not spamming so if you saw it on the one other thread I posted it on, my apologies. 

http://onionsanddimes.com/2016/02/11/celticstraderumors/

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 09:59:58 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Do you resign both?

Let's also trade Bradley, Turner and Young for Gallo and go all-in on a title.

PG - Thomas
SG - Crowder
SF - Gallo
PF - Horford
C - Howard
-----
6th man - Smart
7th man - Olynyk
8th man - Mickey
9th man - Rozier
10th man - Hunter
11th man - [Post Buyout talent]
12th man - [Post buyout talent]

We then win a title and next year every team tries to replicate our "1 Munchkin and 4 Giants" lineup. 

Lol... that makes no sense.  But it's kind of funny we could give up 9 guys for 3 guys and still field an interesting team.
Yes great fun, TP for you. Not really that far-fetched! 

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 07:59:35 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I like the idea of a 3 team trade that sends Howard to Atlanta and Horford to us

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h7aegc9

We send Houston the BOS + MIN 2016
We send Atlanta the DAL 2016

you can remove Zeller and Holiday and the maths still works if you would rather not do that.

It's a better return for Houston than the proposed Bobby Marks deal with the C's. Atlanta get a star in return for Horford and Teague in Howard and get Harrell, a young prospect. Howard would likely need to agree to opt in to seal it.