Author Topic: If we got Horford, what are the chances Durant might come here?  (Read 5508 times)

Re: If we got Horford, what are the chances Durant might come here?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 02:37:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If we land Horford, Boston makes the ECF, lands the #1 pick in the lotto and Horford decides he wants to stick around... Durant should STRONGLY consider coming here.

He should strongly consider coming here regardless.  It's a premiere franchise, great front office, great coach, huge fanbase, and a quality team a superstar away from being a real threat. 

At the very least, Durant should be taking a meeting with us this Summer.   Though I keep hearing he's most likely sticking around in OKC for another year for financial reasons.

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 06:14:53 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
It just doesn't make any sense for him to go anywhere until Westbrook is a free agent and take advantage of the new cap.

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 06:22:51 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If we land Horford, Boston makes the ECF, lands the #1 pick in the lotto and Horford decides he wants to stick around... Durant should STRONGLY consider coming here.
Why would you want Durant if you have Ben Simmons?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 06:25:19 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Ben Simmons - 6th man of the year

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 06:31:16 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Start Simmons at center. Durant at PF.

Run and Gun.

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 06:51:02 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Start Simmons at center. Durant at PF.

Run and Gun.

Yeah and Horford can run the point

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 07:21:05 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
No shot. If he leaves OKC it won't be for Celtics.

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 07:46:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
two percent.

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 07:51:02 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

He should strongly consider coming here regardless.  It's a premiere franchise, great front office, great coach, huge fanbase, and a quality team a superstar away from being a real threat. 

At the very least, Durant should be taking a meeting with us this Summer.   Though I keep hearing he's most likely sticking around in OKC for another year for financial reasons.
Can you imagine that...

Thomas
Smart
Durant
Simmons
Horford

Bradley
Crowder
Olynyk
current D-league squad

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 07:53:06 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
... because he is one of the best players in the world and they actually compliment each other pretty well right now.

Can you imagine the switches a defense could make if it rolled out

Smart Crowder Simmons Durant

Each of those guys can cover 3-4 positions somewhat effectively.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 08:12:31 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
I think it is very unlikely that even if we trade for Horford that he signs with us.  I think it is more likely that Horford signs with OKC than Durant signs with BOS.

But anything is posssiiiibbllllleeee.

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 08:14:15 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
This whole idea of Durant leaving OKC -- what other team out there can offer him an MVP-caliber teammate who he loves to play with and who is basically his best friend off the court?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 08:14:51 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I think the more important is the question "how does Horford further generate hype about the Celtics that makes this a place players want to come?"

Maybe it's not Durant, but if Horford can help get the C's to 50 wins and at least a 2nd round playoff appearance, that plus CBS, plus an exciting young core, plus a top pick in the draft should make Boston a place someone is going to want to come to sometime soon.

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 08:19:54 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Add a poll next time so I don't have to read the responses.

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2016, 08:41:13 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
His agent will get us a meeting.

Our situation is prime for Durant. If we got one of Howard or Horford here and make the 2nd round of the playoffs, we'll get a sit down meeting for sure. Even if we don't,  I think Durant listens to our pitch anyway at the request of his agents.

The West is going to be brutal for the next few years. Durant knows this. We are the best team in the East to add Durant and make a title run in a weaker conference. Miami is also there,  but the Lebron factor will dissuade him a lot from going there to Lebron's shadow that's been left behind. Durant also sees our team of battlers/hustle/heart guys and you know he loves it.
It's what he's about and he would be the perfect stretch four for us next to Dwight or Horford in the middle with Crowder, Bradley, Smart and IT as our remaining core.

Don't doubt for a second that Durant will sit down with Ainge and Brad Stevens and get the Bill Russell, KG, Larry Bird schpeile and the fact that we were the first franchise in basketball to draft a black player when no one else would.

We are a serious option for Durant and Ainge has set us up this way for Durant.
I see a lot people saying 'he'd consider us as a 5th option and we arent anywhere on his radar'... but that is wrong IMO.
The Celtics history and our core would be extremely appealing to KD, especially when the West is going to be so tough for the next 5 years.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:04:28 PM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.