Author Topic: Doc Rivers: "They've got a buncha Junkyard Dogs who can play."  (Read 1080 times)

Doc Rivers: "They've got a buncha Junkyard Dogs who can play."
« on: February 11, 2016, 07:09:16 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Doc Rivers: "They've got a buncha Junkyard Dogs who can play."
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 07:45:35 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
And a coach that can coach

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 10:29:54 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 10:42:41 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
TP to the OP.

It's always insightful and fun to get other people's opinions of our Cs. I especially enjoy comments about us on NBATV (often) and SportsCenter (only very occasionally)

This is a whole thread that is a hot topic on the RealGM General Board (not the Cs board), entitled "Boston is Closer to Being a Contender Than You Think."

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1426588

This is the OP from a Clips fan:

Boston isn't getting enough praise this year IMO. Brad is Pop 2.0 to me. Brilliant strategist who really gets every little bit out of players who on 28 other teams (besides Celtics and Spurs) wouldn't be nearly as productive. Brad should get coach of the year based on what he's achieved with no clear cut Superstar and a few players that other good coaches couldn't get as much out of. Isiah Thomas is killing it under Brad!

The Celtics are sitting 10 games over .500 with the 11th ranked offense, 1st ranked defense. They kinda remind me of the 01 Sixers in that they are led by an undersized, explosive scoring guard who practically carries the offense, surrounded by a ton of elite defenders. This team epitomizes toughness.

Celtics fans should be proud. This team is literally 1 or 2 moves from NBA championship talks and taking over the eastern conference for the foreseeable future. Even now I truly believe they could push the Cavs to a 6 or 7 game series.

Just a correction for the above post: we are #2 in defense, not #1 (Spurs).

Lots of other good stuff in the discussion too.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 10:48:06 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
TP to the OP.

It's always insightful and fun to get other people's opinions of our Cs. I especially enjoy comments about us on NBATV (often) and SportsCenter (only very occasionally)

This is a whole thread that is a hot topic on the RealGM General Board (not the Cs board), entitled "Boston is Closer to Being a Contender Than You Think."

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1426588

This is the OP from a Clips fan:

Boston isn't getting enough praise this year IMO. Brad is Pop 2.0 to me. Brilliant strategist who really gets every little bit out of players who on 28 other teams (besides Celtics and Spurs) wouldn't be nearly as productive. Brad should get coach of the year based on what he's achieved with no clear cut Superstar and a few players that other good coaches couldn't get as much out of. Isiah Thomas is killing it under Brad!

The Celtics are sitting 10 games over .500 with the 11th ranked offense, 1st ranked defense. They kinda remind me of the 01 Sixers in that they are led by an undersized, explosive scoring guard who practically carries the offense, surrounded by a ton of elite defenders. This team epitomizes toughness.

Celtics fans should be proud. This team is literally 1 or 2 moves from NBA championship talks and taking over the eastern conference for the foreseeable future. Even now I truly believe they could push the Cavs to a 6 or 7 game series.

Just a correction for the above post: we are #2 in defense, not #1 (Spurs).

Lots of other good stuff in the discussion too.

Just like Brad Steven says... Don't get to low on this team, and don't get to high.   This team is a team.  And are playing like a team.   Every once in a while someone takes a bad shot... but 95% of the time this team is making the right play.   They are playing on a string.   

No we are not a championship team yet... no one is until they prove it.  No one is until they win it all.   

But like Doc said, these guys are a bunch of junk yard dawgs that can play.

We can make a trade or not... I don't care as long as we keep putting a quality product on the court every night.   Top to bottom these guys want to win as a team....

SIDE NOTE:   The thought of a 7 footer that plays solid, and is like minded and liked by his team mates, like the rest of the team would be awesome.  Who ever that is is out there.  I'll Let Danny, Brad and the rest of the crew figure it out!   
Diggles

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 10:51:23 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 10:52:46 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I swear someone called Bradley and Courtney Lee pitbulls at one point...I guess that's our identity now, junkyard dogs! lol