Author Topic: Morris in trouble again...  (Read 3669 times)

Re: Morris in trouble again...
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 08:58:44 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/2/10/10963904/markieff-morris-pushes-phoenix-suns-archie-goodwin

The second pic shows Markieff with his hand on Goodwin's throat.

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 09:06:36 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
When is somebody going to mention that Marcus Smart pushed a fan because he was so intense?

Of course there are two sides to every story, but PHX needs to move Morris soon - it's just not working out anymore. Lots of teams lose free agents for nothing. They should be happy to get an expiring and start over. It's not like they are going anywhere anytime soon.

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 09:06:48 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 09:08:02 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Morris definitely escalated it from a physical standpoint, not a move you want from a leader. McDonagh definitely hasn't done a good job. Last trade deadline just seemed like panic mode. It should have ended with the Dragic deal. They'd be in such a good place if that was where they had left it

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 09:58:13 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Morris has absolutely zero business calling out other players on a lack of effort/concentration when he blatantly mailed it in for half the season until his coach got fired. To the point national writers called him out on it.

Everyone knew he was supposed to be their second or third best player, but all these young guys saw was a guy who gave F all until it was convenient for him. I wouldn't have listened to him if I was Goodwin either and I doubt anyone here would too.

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 10:03:12 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Crazy that Suns team was fighting for a playoff spot last year and now they are fight to be the worst team in the league. Nets pick will get bumped to the 4th spot.

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 10:15:21 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
A.Goodwin has been killing Phoenix for the last couple of weeks. He tries but hard but he is definitely no PG. A disaster for their offense. Very difficult for A.Goodwin while Bledsoe and B.Knight have been out. You would think Phoenix would go out and sign a new PG from the D-League instead of letting that situation continue. Things are difficult enough for Phoenix right now without the added complication of trying to play with no PG.

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 10:17:42 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
When is somebody going to mention that Marcus Smart pushed a fan because he was so intense?

Of course there are two sides to every story, but PHX needs to move Morris soon - it's just not working out anymore. Lots of teams lose free agents for nothing. They should be happy to get an expiring and start over. It's not like they are going anywhere anytime soon.

I think that can be classed as different because of the discriminatory language used by the fan. Still not acceptable but understandable.

Morris has absolutely zero business calling out other players on a lack of effort/concentration when he blatantly mailed it in for half the season until his coach got fired. To the point national writers called him out on it.

Everyone knew he was supposed to be their second or third best player, but all these young guys saw was a guy who gave F all until it was convenient for him. I wouldn't have listened to him if I was Goodwin either and I doubt anyone here would too.

Precisely, they've asked him to be a leader but how can he be after the way he's acted?

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 10:39:23 AM »

Offline Funk_e_Frank

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
The guy is good at playing. He might have that leadership mentality in him and he was trying to in the wrong way.

I say trade him to BOSTON. He wont be the big dog anymore and they will break that attitude fast. Then he can just do his job and play some good ball for us.

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 10:59:02 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
The guy is good at playing. He might have that leadership mentality in him and he was trying to in the wrong way.

I say trade him to BOSTON. He wont be the big dog anymore and they will break that attitude fast. Then he can just do his job and play some good ball for us.
RUN AWAY!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 11:22:59 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Ryan McDonagh is the worst GM in the league. Will is rolling around in his grave.
Yes he may be now the Billy King is gone. He may have became the worse but We will never know what LA told him about coming to Phx.
 He does have some draft picks coming. FA's do seem to go to PHX too.
I am so glad we poached IT from him. I hope for success for him since is a discple of Danny.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 12:21:11 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Markieff Morris and Archie Goodein are like brothers and both said this wasn't a big deal. And their gm should definitely without a doubt be fired.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 12:30:31 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I put more of the blame on Goodwin here, the only reason Morris is the one in the headlines is because of everything else he's done wrong.  Morris is a headache and I don't want him on the Celtics, but this incident doesn't really make me think less of him.

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 01:22:23 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
I still think a Joe Johnson for Chandler, Morris swap makes sense for both teams.  Phoenix gets out from under Chandler at the expense of their headache and Brooklyn gets some a lot of depth down low (and also makes Young more expendable). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2016, 01:42:56 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Tyson Chandler has to be like...

As for Morris, I haven't watched a lot of him. His stats are pretty pedestrian. Definitely doesn't seem like he's worth the baggage he brings.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman