Author Topic: Rumor: Celtics after Shabazz Muhammad  (Read 5162 times)

Re: Rumor: Celtics after Shabazz Muhammad
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 08:15:54 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
At one pt was considered a number 1 pick candidate

6'6 with 6'11 wingspan. Good scorer, not a willing passer.  Tools to be a very good defender. But only just OK right now

I would give up James Young and 2nds. I know the wolves were also interested to sign Evan Turner before. Maybe Turner and late 1st

But "just OK" on defense now??????  He has the 80th ranked defensive RPM for SF's out of only 80 in the NBA.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/2/sort/DRPM/position/5

He is the WORST SF defender in the game today!!!!  That is NOT OK to me!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 08:18:45 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Dang.  He is shooting 27.8% from three this year and 31.4% for his career!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2993875/shabazz-muhammad

Smitty77

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 08:19:56 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I like the idea of sending Hunter to Minnesota, during the Kevin Love debacle they were after Klay Thompson. It stands to reason that they would you looking for another pure shooting dynamic scorer to develop at the 2.

Zach Lavine and Hunter could make a good pairing with Lavine's athleticism complementing Hunter's BBIQ. If he could find his rhythm, Hunter could develop into one of Town's most reliable kick out weapons.

Shabazz Muhammad has the unconscious scoring ability and touch around the rim that can't be taught, the ability to score in a way that Bradley and Smart will never possess. He's got the size to bully his way to the rim and an arsenal of moves to finish once he gets there.. Plus he wants the ball and can really throw it down.

https://youtu.be/_4ZrwQl0f6w

The question is... Is Hunter enough? Think you'd definetly have to draw the line at Bradley, Thomas or Smart but it'd be tough to beat other offers without including one of them.

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 08:20:28 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I would rather trade for Kevin Martin as he is a more efficient scorer (which is what we need) and we can get him for a LOT less.  Yes, we would owe him $7 million next year, but that is peanuts with the rising cap next year.

Smitty77

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 09:11:09 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I would rather trade for Kevin Martin as he is a more efficient scorer (which is what we need) and we can get him for a LOT less.  Yes, we would owe him $7 million next year, but that is peanuts with the rising cap next year.

Smitty77
It's not peanuts if we want to make a run at 2 max free agents. Which is what Danny seems to want to do. Plus Martin is trash at this point, he was never a defender and he's old. No way I'm using a roster space on him

Edit: And Shabazz is known as a slasher isn't he? Stands to reason his 3pt% isn't great. He seems like Derozan lite.

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 09:16:20 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I haven't seen much good out of Shabazz so far in the league, but I guess a 2 (picks or young talent) for one to upgrade talent at a greater position of need makes sense.

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 09:23:29 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Shabazz and Adrien Payne. Give up James Young and Zeller along with a late 1st.

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 09:25:42 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I suppose a Hunter / Minny (conditional) 1st (two seconds) would make sense. They would probably like to have the two extra years of a rookie scale contract and they get their two high 2nd round picks back.

I highly doubt Turner is any proposed deal; he is much more useful to us right now than Shabazz.

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 09:34:17 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
The way i see it, I like our team and I would not risk the chemistry for a role player who we have plenty of.

DA should get us a superstar or leave it as is and continue building with the draft.

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 09:43:08 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Interesting. That's the kind of guy you figure Ainge would be looking into. He's still pretty young, has skills we could use, high upside (formerly a guy people could go #1), and underutilized in his current situation. Kinda guy we could possibly develop here.

Question is, who do you trade for him with? It's gotta involve someone who gets rotation minutes because trading Young or a rookie doesn't clear up any PT for him. The obvious idea is Turner, but Bazz isn't as good as he is when it comes to running the 2nd unit and ET has been KEY to our success this season. Then again, you'd like to see Smart play more on the ball. Jerebko maybe? Can Shabazz play the 4?

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 10:29:15 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Meh.  He'd be a worse version of Turner, I think.  Would drive us nuts.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 10:39:26 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Meh.  He'd be a worse version of Turner, I think.  Would drive us nuts.

No one besides Avery Bradley can drive us any more nuts.

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 10:49:16 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
SM is terrible shooter. Otherwise OK.  You don't get rid of Turner, as he's the only player besides IT that create his own shot.  Without him in the halfcourst setting of playoff basketball, we're sunk.  Look what Cavs did to us just recently, completely shutting down IT.  ET came to rescue.  I think ET has really come into his own and resurrected a promising career here in Boston.

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 11:01:45 AM »

Offline SRaposa33

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
Surprised people think Muhammad would be better for this team than Turner. ET is a MUCH better player at this juncture and he has been a HUGE driver in everything that's been awesome with the C's this year. Turner ACTUALLY got drafted in the top 2 and has shown triple-double potential in real NBA games and his game is close to crystallized. He knows who he is and how he fits. I'd place him behind only Isaiah and Crowder at this point.

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2016, 11:03:56 AM »

Offline SRaposa33

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
SM is terrible shooter. Otherwise OK.  You don't get rid of Turner, as he's the only player besides IT that create his own shot.  Without him in the halfcourst setting of playoff basketball, we're sunk.  Look what Cavs did to us just recently, completely shutting down IT.  ET came to rescue.  I think ET has really come into his own and resurrected a promising career here in Boston.

Uh, my bad. Yeah. What he said. Lol. I read too many "let's give Turner for Muhammad" posts and scrolled straight down to post. I really hope Turner stays past this season if he'll take a responsible contract like Isaiah and Jae have. If not we just draft Kris Dunn and move along.