Author Topic: Rumor: Celtics after Shabazz Muhammad  (Read 5155 times)

Rumor: Celtics after Shabazz Muhammad
« on: February 11, 2016, 12:36:12 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Other suitors include Blazers, Clippers, and Suns

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/697647212977876992

Interesting idea if the Celtics think they need a young scorer and don't believe in their young guys who play Muhammad's position (Hunter/Young). I just wonder what the T-Wolves would want for him.

Re: Rumor: Celtics after Shabazz Muhammad
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 12:47:16 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He can score.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 01:00:07 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Let the Suns have him. Maybe hed help them a bit.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 01:57:03 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Hunter and the DAL pick would get it done. Minny needs shooting, and they also owe a lot of picks over the next few years and don't have many coming in. For the celtics, we can't use all of our 8 picks, so upgrading one of our young guys like Hunter into Shabazz makes sense.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 02:13:20 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Hunter and the DAL pick would get it done. Minny needs shooting, and they also owe a lot of picks over the next few years and don't have many coming in. For the celtics, we can't use all of our 8 picks, so upgrading one of our young guys like Hunter into Shabazz makes sense.

Where do the minutes come from? It's not like he'd be taking any away from Hunter.

Wasn't Minny one of the few teams that had interest in Turner in FA a year and a half ago? I wonder if they'd be interested in Turner + DAL 1 or Turner + choice of Young or Hunter. They'd have to re-sign ET, but he likely wouldn't cost them all that much, and there's not much they could otherwise do the cap space.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 02:24:59 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton

Where do the minutes come from? It's not like he'd be taking any away from Hunter.

Wasn't Minny one of the few teams that had interest in Turner in FA a year and a half ago? I wonder if they'd be interested in Turner + DAL 1 or Turner + choice of Young or Hunter. They'd have to re-sign ET, but he likely wouldn't cost them all that much, and there's not much they could otherwise do the cap space.
First off, if they would be willing to do Young or Hunter and Dal 1st for Shabazz, there would be no reason to just throw in Turner. You can always stop giving Jerekbo or Turner minutes, but if someone goes down, there is no reason to just give away depth.

If we just did Young or Hunter and DAL 1st for Shabazz, I would hope the rotation would be

IT/Smart
AB/Shabazz
Crowder/Turner
Sully/KO
Amir/Zeller

Rozier, Hunter or Young, Jerekbo, Lee, and Mickey would be the 3rd stringers.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 02:33:12 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff

First off, if they would be willing to do Young or Hunter and Dal 1st for Shabazz, there would be no reason to just throw in Turner. You can always stop giving Jerekbo or Turner minutes, but if someone goes down, there is no reason to just give away depth.

If we just did Young or Hunter and DAL 1st for Shabazz, I would hope the rotation would be

IT/Smart
AB/Shabazz
Crowder/Turner
Sully/KO
Amir/Zeller

That seems short-sighted. Instead of giving up a second string impending FA (Turner) and only one of Young/Hunter/1st rounder, you'd rather give up two of Young/Hunter/1st rounder so that we can keep the second string impending FA (Turner) for depth in a rotation that, while playing very well, isn't a serious contender? Consider that we'd be getting a play-making wing in Muhammad, so Turner would essentially be relegated to the Jerebko role, playing 10-15 mpg at most.

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 03:12:30 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton

IT/Smart
AB/Shabazz
Crowder/Turner
Sully/KO
Amir/Zeller

That seems short-sighted. Instead of giving up a second string impending FA (Turner) and only one of Young/Hunter/1st rounder, you'd rather give up two of Young/Hunter/1st rounder so that we can keep the second string impending FA (Turner) for depth in a rotation that, while playing very well, isn't a serious contender? Consider that we'd be getting a play-making wing in Muhammad, so Turner would essentially be relegated to the Jerebko role, playing 10-15 mpg at most.
While I would love to trade Turner and one of Hunter/Young/BOS 1st, Minny would have no incentive to do that deal. Turner is not that valuable to them, as they already have Ricky and Lavine as playmakers, and Young or Hunter is a clear downgrade from Shabazz. So no, I would not rather give up two of Hunter/Young/BOS 1st but you have to be realistic.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 03:17:31 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff

IT/Smart
AB/Shabazz
Crowder/Turner
Sully/KO
Amir/Zeller

While I would love to trade Turner and one of Hunter/Young/BOS 1st, Minny would have no incentive to do that deal. Turner is not that valuable to them, as they already have Ricky and Lavine as playmakers, and Young or Hunter is a clear downgrade from Shabazz. So no, I would not rather give up two of Hunter/Young/BOS 1st but you have to be realistic.

I think if it took more than Turner + a 1st or young prospect, Danny wouldn't make the deal. At least not midseason. That's not to say Shabazz isn't worth more, but it doesn't make as much sense to pay the price in February as it does in July.

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 04:24:30 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I'd give up young and a late first for him.  Smart, Shabazz, Turner, KO and Zeller would give us a really formidable bench.

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 06:35:18 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
At one pt was considered a number 1 pick candidate

6'6 with 6'11 wingspan. Good scorer, not a willing passer.  Tools to be a very good defender. But only just OK right now

I would give up James Young and 2nds. I know the wolves were also interested to sign Evan Turner before. Maybe Turner and late 1st

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 06:42:41 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I would give up James Young and 2nds. I know the wolves were also interested to sign Evan Turner before. Maybe Turner and late 1st

First deal = yes, and even bump up the pick to the Cs 2016 1st. Second deal = no. There's just no good reason to trade Turner right now.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 07:46:49 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Im a huge Shabazz fan, for some reason, but I think he be great at Boston
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 07:58:08 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Interesting. I didn't think his name would ever pop up for us. I'd like it.

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 08:02:19 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Once we release David Lee we will have an open roster spot. Since our rotation is pretty much full it would be good to add a young developmental prospect to fill that roster spot. Shabazz could fit that description.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19