Author Topic: "Realistic" trade proposals for the deadline  (Read 892 times)

"Realistic" trade proposals for the deadline
« on: February 11, 2016, 12:12:09 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Trade speculation is fun, and putting together some hypothetical trades is always an interesting thought exercise. On that note, let's get started with the obvious candidates.

BOS: Amir Johnson, Jared Sullinger, RJ Hunter, 2016 Dallas 1st, 2016 Minnesota 1st
ATL: Al Horford, Kyle Korver

- If the reports about the Hawks are true, Ainge is certainly looking to make a push for Horford, a guy he's liked for a long time. We can't give up a whole lot more than this package for a half- season rental and a 34 year old Korver. Still, the Hawks get Amir and his great contract to fill the hole Horford leaves, while also getting Sully who's under team control through RFA plus a fairly promising rookie in Hunter. On top of a mid-1st and a couple really early 2nds. Not a bad return for a guy they think might leave anyway, and I think makes us a little more serious of a contender this season. Horford is a perfect fit here and Korver could be just the kind of sharp shooter we need.

BOS: David Lee, Jared Sullinger, James Young, 2016 Dallas 1st, 2016 Philly 2nd
DEN: Danilo Galinari, JJ Hickson

I believe pretty strongly that adding a guy like Gallo would help our, at times, stagnant offense and give us another guy who can get to the bucket. His versatility would fit well here. Him and Crowder would be able to interchange at the 3/4 slots depending on match-ups. I normally wouldn't want Hickson, but losing Sullinger necessitates having a plus rebounder around, and he helps the salaries work. For Denver, they're gaining flexibility with Lee's large expiring; a young big with RFA control in Sully who could match up well with their other bigs and an interesting wing prospect in Young to develop while Barton and Chandler can fill the gap in the mean time. Plus, the picks give them another mid-1st guy to develop and what's likely the best second rounder in this draft. Certainly something they'd have to think about. Deals can always been sweetened.

BOS: Jonas Jerebko, Terry Rozier, 2016 Philly 2nd
PHI: Robert Covington, Nik Stauskus

For some reason I just like Covington. He's a valuable 3 and D guy who can play the 2,3 and 4 and to me, would seem like the perfect back-up for Crowder. Having him take Jerebko's role would improve our team in both the short and long term, and Covington only costs 1 million a year for the next 3 years. Maybe Philly wants to keep him, but they could also be interested in aging a prospect like Rozier along with Jerebko's nice, tradeable contract and Philly loves the high 2nd rounders. Stauskus may not see any time, but he was a late lotto pick just a couple years ago and a flyer on him to replace Rozier isn't a huge loss, even though Rozier has higher upside.

BOS: David Lee, Tyler Zeller, Jared Sullinger, RJ Hunter and 2018 Boston 1st
MIL: Greg Monroe, Tyler Ennis, 2018 MIL 2nd

I have REALLY mixed feelings about Monroe. You can tell he's just a beast in certain aspects. He's a monster on the post and on the boards, he's an excellent big man passer, he has a respectable FT and mid-range rate. But he's a poor defender. The Bucks have gone from rising power to huge disappointment Since he (and MCW) came over. Zeller is more the kind of Center that could help that team going forward, and Sully can match up fairly well with Gianni's, Zeller or Henson. But they're both RFA, so you likely only sign one long term. Hence why RJ Hunter is included. Could prob stand to keep the 1st or give a lesser pick. For us, I question Monroe's fit but Sullinger has managed to fit in pretty well and Monroe is really a lot like a better version of Sully. As long as we still have Amir to cover defensively and Olynyk/Jerebko to space the floor, Im starting to think he could possibly thrive
Here. Who knows, maybe he improves defensively the way Sullinger has under CBS.

BOS: Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, 2016 Miami 2nd, 2018 Boston 1st
SAC: Willie Cauley-Stein, Ben McLemore

Deff a kind of win-later trade for us, and Sacto isn't intelligent enough to think an offer like this through. But Sacto is desperately in need of shooting, none of their big guys for together at all, and they're looking at a dearth of draft picks coming up due to that Philly deal. WCS and McLemore are both recent high lottery picks who have ceilings that are likely higher than Sully or AB. Still, tough move to make when were in the midst of chasing a high seed.

BOS: Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Terry Rozier and the 2018 Brooklyn pick
UTH: Gordon Hayward, Jeff Withey, 2018 (?) GSW 1st

The Jazz have long been interested in Bradley, and his reasonable, cost controlled contract may seem more appealing than Hayward's. Sullinger is an interesting asset that could fit well next to Gobert and Favors while also being a RFA. Rozier and the 18 Brooklyn pick kind of make up for not using the 16 pick. For us, Hayward gives is another consistently strong offensive player, who we know fits into CBS' system and I think he still has room to grow. Having a guard rotation of Thomas/Smart/Turner/Hayward, allows a lot of versatility in terms of ball-handlers and shooting. All those guys except Turner can play on/off the ball. We would certainly miss Bradley, but having Smart and Crowder with a defensively improved Turner and Hayward wouldn't make that loss devastating.

BOS: Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, 2016 Brooklyn 1st, 2018 Boston 1st, 2016 Minnesota 1st (2 2nds)
LAC: Blake Griffin, Wesley Johnson

- If your LAC, you HAVE to consider moving Griffin. They're clearly not at the same level as GS and SA and the leader of their team (CP3) is just getting older. Considering Doc's ties to Boston, I think it's quite possible a deal could get done if they were looking to move him and we could give them a solid package of both future and present assets to keep them in the conversation and give them tools to a better future. Amir would help plug the hole left by Griffin in the short term, while AB and Sully are former Doc favorites, on top of being young guys under team control who can actually play, and Doc LOVES guys he's familiar with. Just imagine that team we saw tonight with AB, Amir and Sully. As for us, we finally get a legit superstar who is only 26 (?), and has a few years left under team control. Losing AB is tough, but Johnson was a high lottery pick who would be a very good CBS reclamation project. As long as it doesn't involve Crowder, I'd be 100% in on this deal.

BOS: Terry Rozier, Jared Sullinger, Jordan Mickey, 2016 Minnesota 1st, 2017 Boston 1st (Brooklyn Swap)
PHI: Nerlens Noel, TJ McConnell

I'm still very interested in a long term solution for a defensive minded big, and to me Noel is the perfect answer. He's limited, but very good as a defender and part of a larger system. Put him in Amir's place with a few extra minutes; surrounded by guys like Kelly, Jerebko and Crowder on top of a P&R partner in Isaiah could be special. The Sixers know that Noel/Okafor/Embiid is not gonna work out. Someone needs to be moved. And if Danny can convince them that Rozier is a good PG prospect (something they need), and Mickey is included because of his potential for with Okafor or Embiid we might be able to get away without using the 2016 BRK pick.

All the salaries match up, via the ESPN trade machine

Just a few thoughts I figured I'd throw out there . What are some "realistic" trade proposals you can come up with? Any "under the radar" guys you'd go after (ala Covington)? Nothing better than playing the trade machine.

Plus, Sully comes up a lot not because I want to get rid of him, but he's a guy teams will see value in and just happens to fit a lot in my proposed deals. If the idea is to try to keep a lot of core pieces while using our plethora of assets to make the team better, Sully is the most likely candidate to go..

Re: "Realistic" trade proposals for the deadline
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 12:31:56 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Great effort...
But I think the only 2 that have a realistic chance, are the Milw and Denver trades---and even then--I think we give up too much in each trade.

I firmly believe that all this Atlanta talk is just talk---they won't trade Horford for anything less than another All-Star...Griffin, Pau Gasol, Cousins etc.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.