Author Topic: My most realistic ATL-BOS trade idea  (Read 1600 times)

Re: My most realistic ATL-BOS trade idea
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 12:24:03 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
They'd probably want more than essentially the Mavs 1st and James Young. ..because those other guys are expiring or RFA.
You'd have to a Add in The Celtics  2016 first and probably the Memphis 2018 pick to get Korver too.

Maybe Atlanta goes for it with the Memphis pick, but three 1st rounders for an expiring Horford and a year of Korver? That is a lot! I'm probably willing to do those three 1sts but we keep Bradley:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hzxwsmx

Wherein they dump salary, get Young and three 1sts. I'm not even sure I'm willing to swap in other young guys like Rozier or Hunter. This is one of those deals I'd be very okay walking away from, especially if Atlanta is asking for the moon.

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 12:26:05 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
you would have to add bradley to make it worthwhile for ATL

I'd probably be okay with that if we're getting Korver back. He'd tear up the second unit with Turner getting him open. I'm not sure I'd want to start him with IT.

Your idea looks great until you notice that he has Turner going to ATL so Turner will not be here to get anyone open....
I agree. Can't trade Turner.

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 01:42:22 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
you would have to add bradley to make it worthwhile for ATL

I'd probably be okay with that if we're getting Korver back. He'd tear up the second unit with Turner getting him open. I'm not sure I'd want to start him with IT.

Your idea looks great until you notice that he has Turner going to ATL so Turner will not be here to get anyone open....

Well, I kind of figured that Turner wouldn't be going if we sent them Bradley, too. Wouldn't work out salary-wise anyways.

So replace Trner with Bradley we might need to find some depth at sg who would move to the starting 2?

Have to be Smart.

You think Schroeder and smart would fit well together?

Huh? Smart stays on the C's and starts alongside IT. Bradley would be a good fit next to Schroeder in the backcourt, similar to the Rondo/Bradley backcourt only with better shooting.

Sorry I misread and thought you meant smart instead of Bradley to Atlanta lol. What about crowder with his improved 3 would he fare well at the 2 now? I'd love a small ball lineup of IT-Smart-Korver-Crowder-Hordford that would be potent
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 01:46:46 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
A rotation of
IT-Turner-Smart
Smart-Hunter-crowder,korver
Crowder-Korver-Turne
KO-Amir-Mickey
Horford-Zeller

It will really even out rotation add the nets + our 1st rounder and I think we look pretty enticing to durant 😂😂
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 03:15:06 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
They'd probably want more than essentially the Mavs 1st and James Young. ..because those other guys are expiring or RFA.
You'd have to a Add in The Celtics  2016 first and probably the Memphis 2018 pick to get Korver too.

Maybe Atlanta goes for it with the Memphis pick, but three 1st rounders for an expiring Horford and a year of Korver? That is a lot! I'm probably willing to do those three 1sts but we keep Bradley:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hzxwsmx

Wherein they dump salary, get Young and three 1sts. I'm not even sure I'm willing to swap in other young guys like Rozier or Hunter. This is one of those deals I'd be very okay walking away from, especially if Atlanta is asking for the moon.

Yeah it's not the easiest trade to make, I'm just trying to look at it from ATL's point of view, those Celtics and Boston picks are #17 and #24 or #25 at Best.
They may even prefer our Minny 2nd rounders instead of our 1st round pick.
Korver and Horford would be enormous additions to our team and a few late first rounders/early 2nds is probably going to be the asking price-especially when they know that:
*Ainge loves established talent more than picks
*we have more picks than we'll likely use so they can ask for a bit more.

I'm personally just not sure if we should give up anything for Horford when he can walk, and if we do want him, how much are we prepared to pay a 30 year old entering this new cap era.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 10:41:57 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Boston sends Lee Sully Turner Young 2016 Mavs 1st

Atlanta sends Horford and Korver
Unless we are giving him the 5 year max then I would not give up any assets.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 10:44:40 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Boston sends Lee Sully Turner Young 2016 Mavs 1st

Atlanta sends Horford and Korver

This and very close variations of this have been posted.... a lot.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)