Author Topic: With Butler out for a while , Should Danny make a run at Pau Gasol ?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Like Tommy said in the broadcast , the Bulls are going to sink like a stone without Butler .

Gasol is an all-star this year , but still feel he might come at a cheaper cost than Horford or Monroe type .

Gasol would be perfect to put next to sully , and would give us a huge boost on offense .

Send Amir , Rozier, Dal pick , maybe another 1st

IT                / Smart   
Bradley        / Turner
Jae              / Jerebko
Sully           / KO
Gasol          / Zeller

that team would put up a hell of a fight vs the Cavs

Re: With Butler done fore year , Danny should make a run at Pau Gasol ?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 11:01:23 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Where did it say Butler is out for the year? I thought it was just a few weeks.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 11:02:34 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Butler's out 3-4 weeks...
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 11:03:00 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Where did it say Butler is out for the year? I thought it was just a few weeks.

oh is that true ? I heard he was carted off the court , so just assumed he was done . My bad

Re: With Butler out for a while , Should Danny make a run at Pau Gasol ?
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 12:58:29 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
Like Tommy said in the broadcast , the Bulls are going to sink like a stone without Butler .

Gasol is an all-star this year , but still feel he might come at a cheaper cost than Horford or Monroe type .

Gasol would be perfect to put next to sully , and would give us a huge boost on offense .

Bradley        / Turner
Sully           / KO
Gasol          / Zeller

I like your idea of Gasol but the trade doesn't work money wise.  But Zeller, Jerekbo and Dallas's 1st might be enough to get him away if Chicago is looking to pack it in.  They get Zeller who can play center and Jerebko who can take over where Noah was.  I'd be also willing to throw in Rozier as he was a waste of a pick for us this draft, but would be nice for Chicago.  Plus we could draft a point guard in the second round this year if we really wanted another point guard.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 01:26:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Chicago isn't going to trade Gasol until they get rid of Rose and Noah and enter full rebuilding around Butler.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 01:31:35 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Wasn't it Chicago who was all over Rozier , pre-draft ?

Interesting tidbit if true.  Ainge might have some definite good ammo to land Gasol if available.

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 04:50:24 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35

Bradley        / Turner
Sully           / KO
Gasol          / Zeller

Instead of acquiring Gasol, perhaps DA could facilitate his transfer to OKC together with Rose so we could acquire Ibaka and Joakim.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h4mne4y

Chicago could really use Westbrook now that they are in need of a scorer. With the departure of Gasol they acquire a  young big in Amir (throw in Zeller if they asked for him) and non-Brook 1st rd pick and late 2nd rd picks. With Westbrook and Amir, Chicago infuses young talented blood in a roster that doesn't look like it could get past the 1st or 2nd round plus it lays off a non-serviceable big in Joakim. Butler (Batman) gets his Robin in Westbrook.

OKC I think is going to lose KD if they wouldn't make it all the way to the Finals - and I strongly believe they wont this year (GSW and SAS are just so well-knit and more talented/skilful and better coached). KD could grow better with Rose (same age as Westbrook) and Gasol as his supporting cast. He gets the best available low post big guy in Pau (old but still very efficient especially on the offensive end). They lose a young big (Ibaka) but still Gasol would be backed up by two young able bigs in Kanter and Adams. Plus, OKC could acquire our other non-Brooklyn 1st and late 2nd rd picks.

Boston finally gets its much-needed rim protectors in Ibaka and Joakim (as rental though but could be re-signed after the season depending on his overall health). Ibaka runs the floor very well on both ends of the floor and would seamlessly fit with CBS style of play. We still keep our 2016 Brooklyn 1st rd pick. We also get rid of David Lee.

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 07:45:49 AM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
why in the world would OKC do that? Insane!