Author Topic: Official Mock Trade Deadline Trade Thread  (Read 39677 times)

Re: Official Mock Trade Deadline Trade Thread
« Reply #195 on: February 11, 2016, 10:24:39 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
BREAKING

Oklahoma City will send Serge Ibaka and Steven Adams to the Bulls in exchange for Pau Gasol, Nikola Mirotic, Etwaun Moore, and Portland's 2016 2nd rounder.

OKC GM/Owner CFF released the following statement:

It hurts to lose Serge, who's been a big part of this team for years. But adding a proven champion like Pau helps us to compete with San Antonio and Golden State in our quest to take home the 2016 title. Mirotic will be great for us off the bench and Moore is a nice knockdown shooter.

Oh dear. OKC.... that's... not good.

« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2016, 10:29:55 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
BREAKING

Oklahoma City will send Serge Ibaka and Steven Adams to the Bulls in exchange for Pau Gasol, Nikola Mirotic, Etwaun Moore, and Portland's 2016 2nd rounder.

It hurts to lose Serge, who's been a big part of this team for years. But adding a proven champion like Pau helps us to compete with San Antonio and Golden State in our quest to take home the 2016 title. Mirotic will be great for us off the bench and Moore is a nice knockdown shooter.

It's not good for the future but how does that not make OKC better right now? Nobody knows what's going to happen with KD so I'm trying to build a team that can beat GS and SA this year. I think Gasol does that with his all around play at the 4/5 spots. Not as athletic as Ibaka but provides more offensively and on the boards and is probably better defensively too.

Edit: not to mention, Westbrook Gasol PnR's will be deadly
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2016, 10:38:41 PM »

Offline brandonmm94

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Source: Bulls still remain very active, looking for upgrades. Looking for best possible deals for: Rose, Hinrich, Dunleavy, Snell, Taj Gibson. Will look at offers from others as well.

Chicago Bulls

Rose/Brooks/Hinrich
Butler/Allen
Green/Dunleavy/Snell
Ibaka/Gibson/Portis/Felicio
Adams/Bairstow

« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2016, 10:42:59 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Trade completed between Sixers and Pistons.

Sixers get Stanley Johnson

Pistons get Saric, Covington and a second rounder

« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2016, 10:44:13 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Sixers are now in the market for a point guard.

« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2016, 10:45:22 PM »

Offline brandonmm94

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Rose?

« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2016, 10:49:21 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
BREAKING

It's not good for the future but how does that not make OKC better right now? Nobody knows what's going to happen with KD so I'm trying to build a team that can beat GS and SA this year. I think Gasol does that with his all around play at the 4/5 spots. Not as athletic as Ibaka but provides more offensively and on the boards and is probably better defensively too.

This is one man's opinion, but in my view you didn't need any help on offense and you flushed your defense down the tubes. You also broke up the core of a topflight contender mid-season and tossed seasons of accumulated chemistry out the window. Before the deal, with Durant at 100% you might have been the best hope in the West against GS, and even been the favorite if, say, Steph Curry were to tear his knee. Now I have no idea.

« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2016, 10:54:08 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
BREAKING

This is one man's opinion, but in my view you didn't need any help on offense and you flushed your defense down the tubes. You also broke up the core of a topflight contender mid-season. Before the deal, you might have been the best hope in the West against GS, and even the favorite if, say, Steph Curry were to tear his knee. Now I have no idea.

I understand your point, but it's becoming clear to me that OKC isn't getting over the hump with their current core. Ibaka seems to be getting slightly worse every year, and is a terrible rebounder for a 4/small ball 5. Gasol is still one of the best defensive big men in the league when you look at the advanced metrics and is a great rebounder. I agree it's risky, but to add an all-star and 2 time champ to a team that desperately needs someone who's won, I'll take my chances.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2016, 11:20:52 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
BREAKING

I would have liked to try and beat that offer for Ibaka.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2016, 11:29:53 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
BREAKING

Just had a conversation on this exact trade a couple weeks ago with an avid Bulls fan. We both agreed this trade would never happen. No way OKC moves Ibaka for an old Pau Gasol and pieces.

« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2016, 11:43:07 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Sixers looking to find out Okafor's value. Will deal him if given a fair offer.

« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2016, 11:52:21 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Lakers looking for solid young wing. Shoot up offers.

Also, for the contenders: veterans like bass and Lou are available.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2016, 02:08:05 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
BREAKING

Just had a conversation on this exact trade a couple weeks ago with an avid Bulls fan. We both agreed this trade would never happen. No way OKC moves Ibaka for an old Pau Gasol and pieces.

Not even taking the value into account, Serge is a MUCH better fit on OKC than Pau is IMO.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #208 on: February 12, 2016, 10:39:09 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
League GMs questioning the Sixers latest rumor.

Sixers are rumored to be gauging the Celtics interest in a Marcus Smart and James Young for the Sixers first rounder and Embiid.

Have the sixers given up on Embiid and do the Celtics try to pair Porzingis with Embiid and take two shots at Ingram and Simmons?

« Reply #209 on: February 12, 2016, 12:14:31 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Please send me offers for Vucevic.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19